Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guruof track
    I don't want to start a big fight, but what the altitude there?
    146m

Heat & humidity at Mediterranean sites make for fast 100s.

Comment

Did anyone see what happened to Angelo Taylor in the 400 hurdles? He ran 50.72. Injured? Hitting hurdles? Taking it easy?

Comment

Originally posted by infinityemmo
        Good to see Ivory Williams doing his thing...
        If he keeps performing like this he's on the relay squad right?
        At this point it should be stick ability that puts people on the team, not fast 100s.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
          Did anyone see what happened to Angelo Taylor in the 400 hurdles? He ran 50.72. Injured? Hitting hurdles? Taking it easy?
          This was a training meet for Taylor.

Comment

Nicola's BACK!!!

Which means we have at least half a relay team :x

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
              Not sure about the race but he got to Europe yesterday. So maybe jetlag?

Comment

Apparently it was 19 year old Alonso Edwards who took the 200 in 20.00 from Mullings 20.01 (both PBs) and Merritt 20.29 according to the results page. Improves from 20.34. Edwards ran 10.13 earlier on, close to his 10.09 legal best (he has a windy 9.97). A whisker off becoming the second youngest athlete under 20 seconds!

Unlike Ramil Gulyev who ran 20.04 last week Edwards isn't a junior this year. Edwards is the eldest of the pair by about five months. He's 18 days older than Yohan Blake.

Comment

Edwards was JUCO 200 champ for Barton this year (2nd in 100 behind Ryan Bailey)

Comment

Nicola Sanders is a surprising result, lets hope she can pull something together over the next 3 weeks. I'm hoping she strolled the last 50m because she was winning and is ready to drop something special come Berlin. How old is she now and will she ever have an injury free year??

Relay team looks stronger again.

100 times look good, surprised by Merritt in the 200.

Just seen Sanders is 82, so she's 26/27 i was expecting 24/25.

Comment

Good run from Felix and Jeter, but it's still not close to the Jams.

Williams was also a good time in the 100 and it looks like Edgar will definitely be the 3rd runner off to Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by infinityemmo
                        Originally posted by texas_speed
                        Wow.

Didn't see that coming.

Merritt just got smoked in the 200 by Mullings and someone else. Just a training run?
                        what do you mean with smoked? What was the difference? 0.50?
                        Smoked meaning at no point was Merritt in the race and given his ability I would NEVER pick Steve Mullings to finish ahead of him in a 200....which is why I posed the question of "just a training run?"

I suspect it was part of Merritt training but the way it looked live caught me off guard. He didn't look like it was a max effort but I still wouldn't have called it the way it turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats

Williams was also a good time in the 100 and it looks like Edgar will definitely be the 3rd runner off to Berlin.
                          I wouldn't say that as Stewart is the only one who has run lights out, the others have remained in the 10.9/10.0 area. But it gives those athetes good confidence in maybe a last tune up before WC's. Confidence means a lot...ask Asafa! (no jab either!)

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                            Originally posted by Mikewats

I wouldn't say that as Stewart is the only one who has run lights out, the others have remained in the 10.9/10.0 area. But it gives those athetes good confidence in maybe a last tune up before WC's. Confidence means a lot...ask Asafa! (no jab either!)
                            Also Knite as there seems to be some type of parallel between what is going on now and recently, with what will happen in Berlin. If the athletes don't and aren't ready to perforn on that day, these races mean nothing at that point.
                            on the road

Comment

[quote=TheTransporter]
                              Originally posted by TDB
                              Originally posted by Jerome Marrow
                              Originally posted by TheTransporter
                              Originally posted by "#6":2m5ctkyd
                              >100 m HURDLES WOMEN>(w: +1.80)
                              1. JONES Lolo 82 USA 12.47 WL
                              2. DAMU Cherry 77 USA 12.53 SB
                              3. ENNIS-LONDON 75 JAM 12.60 FFS B
                              4. LOPES-SCHLIEP 82 CAN 12.60 FF
                              5. GOLDING-CLARKE L 75 JAM 12.73 SB
                              6. SKROBAKOVA Lucie 82 CZE 12.93
                              7. YANIT Nevin 86 TUR 13.03
                              8. REDOUMI Flora 76 GRE 13.53 SB
                              TEJEDA Anay 83 CUB DNF
                              Is that for real? Can an athlete hover around 12.90 for many meets in a row, looking less than themselves, and then blast a WL mark of 12.47?! That's great for Lolo! It was heart-wrenching to watch the Beijing final after her blazing 2008 season.
                              It is rare, but not unheard of, especially in the hurdles where it can be a rhythm issue even if all of the physical tools are there. Plus, she was running nicely before she got hurt so, if she is healed as she says she is, she might have just needed some races to get into form. We will see in the coming meets though.
                              Did anybody actually see this race?
                              I'd like to see a video of this if available and legal...[/quote:2m5ctkyd]

It's pulled, just like MJ's 19.66 :lol:
                              on the road

Comment

Great sprint and hurdle times. Lolo talked about her fitness in her latest IAAF diary

I just have to be comfortable, get my rhythm back and I’ll be fine. Physically, I’m in shape. I put a lot of hard work to come back from injury. I’m just not seeing the benefits yet.
                                http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/diary/athl ... 52047.html

Good on her on sticking at it. Who knows what will happen post Berlin.

Jeter's race was only 0.01 off her PB from this year so its a solid run and Felix ran a big season's best in second. Looking at the distance to the rest of the field they are both solid runs.

Watt is jumping long and consistently in great conditions. I think that's the second longest jump by an Australian after Jai Taurima's 8.49m in Sydney in 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X