X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lolo now has a separate thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
      Good run from Felix and Jeter, but it's still not close to the Jams.

Williams was also a good time in the 100 and it looks like Edgar will definitely be the 3rd runner off to Berlin.
      and

1. JETER Carmelita 10.97
      2. FELIX Allyson 11.08
      3. DURST Stephanie 11.14
      4. FACEY Simone 11.31
      5. BAILEY Aleen 11.31
      6. LALOVA Ivet 11.49
      7. KOKLONI Yeoryia 11.56
      8. MADUAKA Joice 11.68
      9. KARASTAMATI Maria 11.82
      Jam in 4 and 5; how much were they behind the #1/2/3 Jam; this is a pretty big gap at a third of a second?

Also, what happened to Joyce?[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Lolo now has a separate thread
        As well she should. :roll: :wink:

Comment

Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster
            Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.
            I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
              In the 200m... not the 100m, it seems competitive as it is.

Comment

Would love for her to get a medal in the 200m but not sure I can see her getting in front of VCB, Felix or Fraser. If Fraser sticks to the 100m, she should challenge for bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by #6
                  Watt 8.43 PB i assume is legal
                  It was, at 2.0 (for the second time in a row on Watt PBs).

Moves him to #2 on Aussie all-time list (behind Taurima's 8.49 from Sydney OGs).

It's all fantastic stuff from a guy who's been in the sport less than 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                    I guess in Jeter's case, having seven days or so between races since embarking on this stretch of the tour had some benefit.
                    UHMM the only difference here was the wind + 1.3 as oppose to +4 or +3.1

Comment

Outside of Felix popping up straight, her wheels looks to be coming along nicely!

Nice run by Jeter, but it appears to me that she is running in a mannaer that has her leaning farther back than I am sued to seeing her run, or maybe I just hadn't noticed it until her Euro races...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWrreWVt ... re=related

Comment

[quote=texas_speed][quote=infinityemmo][quote="texas_speed":hnod38pr]Wow.

Didn't see that coming.

Merritt just got smoked in the 200 by Mullings and someone else. Just a training run?[/quote]

what do you mean with smoked? What was the difference? 0.50?[/quote]Smoked meaning at no point was Merritt in the race and given his ability I would NEVER pick Steve Mullings to finish ahead of him in a 200....which is why I posed the question of "just a training run?"

I suspect it was part of Merritt training but the way it looked live caught me off guard. He didn't look like it was a max effort but I still wouldn't have called it the way it turned out.[/quote:hnod38pr]

Merritt lacks good or even decent curve running, I've noticed this in every one of his 200m races this season, where everything is left to the straight. While all this half lap work is to sharpen up his 400m race, he does or should consider working on developing his curve ability in the next few yrs. It will yield huge results. Now it makes me wonder how his 19.98 run looked last yr when he set his then PR.

Mullings and Edwards came off that curve in commanding form and fine races by both with Edwards holding form and nipping Mullings at the end.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrqsPotgRA&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrqsPotgRA&NR=1[/url]

Comment

That was a +3.1 wind at her back, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
                            Nicola Sanders is a surprising result, lets hope she can pull something together over the next 3 weeks. I'm hoping she strolled the last 50m because she was winning and is ready to drop something special come Berlin. How old is she now and will she ever have an injury free year??

Relay team looks stronger again.

100 times look good, surprised by Merritt in the 200.

Just seen Sanders is 82, so she's 26/27 i was expecting 24/25.
                            SHe was fighting that last 50m's but its a positive result from her. Hastings thought she had the race won and didn't realize they were coming on at the end and let up, ended up 3rd after thinking she had the race in the bag...she's gotta be mad at herself for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                              3.1 at who's back? Debbie ran that 22.32 with a 0.3 wind.

Should be the new WL in the women's 200 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                                Originally posted by knite
                                3.1 at who's back? Debbie ran that 22.32 with a 0.3 wind.

Should be the new WL in the women's 200 if I'm not mistaken.
                                The listing stated it was a +3.1, if not, that's great! She's been around the block more often than not, so I'm glad to see her still doing her thing! And looks like the coaching change has gotten her ready in fine form prior to the WC's!

Comment

Working...
                                X