• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    Originally posted by Speedster
    Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a medal.
    That was a +3.1 wind at her back, fyi.
    3.1 at who's back? Debbie ran that 22.32 with a 0.3 wind.

Should be the new WL in the women's 200 if I'm not mistaken.
    The listing stated it was a +3.1, if not, that's great! She's been around the block more often than not, so I'm glad to see her still doing her thing! And looks like the coaching change has gotten her ready in fine form prior to the WC's!
    http://www.iaaf.org/WAF09/news/kind=...sid=52212.html
    The women’s race was as easy as it was fast for the Bahamas’ Debbie Ferguson-Mckenzie, who clocked 22.32 (=0.3m/s) the fastest time so far this year. USA's Lashauntea Moore was second with 22.66 and Laverne Jones-Ferrette from the US Virgin Islands was third with 22.88.

Comment

[quote=texas_speed]
      Originally posted by "texas_speed":1pq9cl1q
      Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.
      That was a +3.1 wind at her back, fyi.
      3.1 at who's back? Debbie ran that 22.32 with a 0.3 wind.

Should be the new WL in the women's 200 if I'm not mistaken.
      The listing stated it was a +3.1, if not, that's great! She's been around the block more often than not, so I'm glad to see her still doing her thing! And looks like the coaching change has gotten her ready in fine form prior to the WC's!
      http://www.iaaf.org/WAF09/news/kind=...sid=52212.html
      The women’s race was as easy as it was fast for the Bahamas’ Debbie Ferguson-Mckenzie, who clocked 22.32 (=0.3m/s) the fastest time so far this year. USA's Lashauntea Moore was second with 22.66 and Laverne Jones-Ferrette from the US Virgin Islands was third with 22.88.
      [/quote:1pq9cl1q]

I understood it the 1st time.........lol, what u didn't think I beleived you???? :roll:

haha

Comment

Naw. Just like to provide a source. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
          In the 200m... not the 100m, it seems competitive as it is.
          Yeah obviously only in the 200m.

With Kerron not running and all of the US girls looking dodgy I think she could sneak a surprise Bronze.

Comment

All the US girls looking dodgy? Here we go again... :roll: :roll:

Comment

With Kerron not running and all of the US girls looking dodgy I think she could sneak a surprise Bronze.
              I don't think she'll medal, running rounds will have an effect on her.

P.S. the U.S. girls we show up for worlds :wink:
              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

And they won't have an effect on the other athletes?
                http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

SHe was fighting that last 50m's but its a positive result from her. Hastings thought she had the race won and didn't realize they were coming on at the end and let up, ended up 3rd after thinking she had the race in the bag...she's gotta be mad at herself for that one!
                  Why would Hastings have given up thinking she had the race in the bag. there were 4 athletes together the whole way down the home straight.

She didn't 'let up' she just lost.

Comment

Before you get to excited at this performance, consider that the sprint conditions were obviously perfect, with other posters wondering why Ivory Williams, Jeter, Felix and Lolo all ran so well all of a sudden. If you don't place much stock in any of those, then this one is in the same category.

Nice hot/humid day, making for times that aren't likely to be duplicated in colder climes.

Comment

SHe was fighting that last 50m's but its a positive result from her. Hastings thought she had the race won and didn't realize they were coming on at the end and let up, ended up 3rd after thinking she had the race in the bag...she's gotta be mad at herself for that one!
                      Why would Hastings have given up thinking she had the race in the bag. there were 4 athletes together the whole way down the home straight.

Did you watch the race, she just cruised in, not knowing OR seeing anyone to her outside closing in the last 5 m's. Of course she lost, which I've already stated above, as well as the results show.

Comment

[quote=nevetsllim]
                        Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Originally posted by "Speedster":3ss52n5w

And they won't have an effect on the other athletes?[/quote:3ss52n5w]

Of course they will, just not the same type of effect. Debbie ain't no teenager.
                        on the road

Comment

Did you watch the race, she just cruised in, not knowing OR seeing anyone to her outside closing in the last 5 m's. Of course she lost, which I've already stated above, as well as the results show.
                          Yes I did, and no she didn't!! Hastings has great potential, but has been really inconsistent this season - there was no way she wasn't running the full 400. None of those girls thought they were safe - which made for a good, close finish

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames

Yes I did, and no she didn't!! Hastings has great potential, but has been really inconsistent this season - there was no way she wasn't running the full 400. None of those girls thought they were safe - which made for a good, close finish
                            It has less to do with what she's been doing during this yr and in speaking on what she did in this particular race. IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.

Comment

IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.
                              It might have looked that way to you, but as Flump said, 5 girls were together off the bend - Hastings would know better than to only be aiming for the girls inside her. Second, of course they were all competition - when did I say they were not :? Not sure why the 'fyi' was needed either!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames
                                IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.
                                It might have looked that way to you, but as Flump said, 5 girls were together off the bend - Hastings would know better than to only be aiming for the girls inside her. Second, of course they were all competition - when did I say they were not :? Not sure why the 'fyi' was needed either!?!?!?
                                The FYI was added because somewhere you assumed there was a thought that only a few ladies were comparable to each other, where I am stating that anyone who lines up is comp and fair game!

In the final straight Lloyd and Hastings were just ahead of the others, if you look at the clip, look at minutes 1:04-1:07, and you will see this.

Either way, the race was a competitive one and shows you must run thru the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X