Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knite
    replied
    The listing stated it was a +3.1, if not, that's great! She's been around the block more often than not, so I'm glad to see her still doing her thing! And looks like the coaching change has gotten her ready in fine form prior to the WC's![/quote]

When did Ferguson leave Amy Deem?[/quote]

I think sometime in the fall or early this year as she's rounding into decent form prior to the WC's.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    [/quote]The listing stated it was a +3.1, if not, that's great! She's been around the block more often than not, so I'm glad to see her still doing her thing! And looks like the coaching change has gotten her ready in fine form prior to the WC's![/quote]

When did Ferguson leave Amy Deem?

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    I think you're looking at this a lot as a typical "Asafa/Bolt/Gay" shutdown, that's not the type of "let up" I was speaking of...more or less, a "let up in "oh I think the I got the race won...oh damn, here comes someone to my right" type of thing...where YES, the whole field is compeitive, but she didn't execute to the finish line rendering herself liable to being nipped.

do you get where I am coming from...this is no slight on the field, but rather on the effort of Hastings and her not running through the line, JMO. eitehr way, good for Sanders for executing thru the line. (in short)
    I get where you're coming from - it's just I wasn't thinking anything that you assumed I thought! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    The FYI was added because somewhere you assumed there was a thought that only a few ladies were comparable to each other, where I am stating that anyone who lines up is comp and fair game!
    I wasn't aware of doing that - please tell me which part of me suggesting Hastings didn't have the race settled and therefore shut down (your point) but instead agreed with Flumpy she was beaten by another couple of girls suggested that?? Not trying to be awkward - just interested as to why you think that... :?
    I think you're looking at this a lot as a typical "Asafa/Bolt/Gay" shutdown, that's not the type of "let up" I was speaking of...more or less, a "let up in "oh I think the I got the race won...oh damn, here comes someone to my right" type of thing...where YES, the whole field is compeitive, but she didn't execute to the finish line rendering herself liable to being nipped.

do you get where I am coming from...this is no slight on the field, but rather on the effort of Hastings and her not running through the line, JMO. eitehr way, good for Sanders for executing thru the line. (in short)

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    The FYI was added because somewhere you assumed there was a thought that only a few ladies were comparable to each other, where I am stating that anyone who lines up is comp and fair game!
    I wasn't aware of doing that - please tell me which part of me suggesting Hastings didn't have the race settled and therefore shut down (your point) but instead agreed with Flumpy she was beaten by another couple of girls suggested that?? Not trying to be awkward - just interested as to why you think that... :?

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.
    It might have looked that way to you, but as Flump said, 5 girls were together off the bend - Hastings would know better than to only be aiming for the girls inside her. Second, of course they were all competition - when did I say they were not :? Not sure why the 'fyi' was needed either!?!?!?

In the final straight Lloyd and Hastings were just ahead of the others, if you look at the clip, look at minutes 1:04-1:07, and you will see this.

Either way, the race was a competitive one and shows you must run thru the line.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.
    It might have looked that way to you, but as Flump said, 5 girls were together off the bend - Hastings would know better than to only be aiming for the girls inside her. Second, of course they were all competition - when did I say they were not :? Not sure why the 'fyi' was needed either!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpy

SHe was fighting that last 50m's but its a positive result from her. Hastings thought she had the race won and didn't realize they were coming on at the end and let up, ended up 3rd after thinking she had the race in the bag...she's gotta be mad at herself for that one!
    Why would Hastings have given up thinking she had the race in the bag. there were 4 athletes together the whole way down the home straight.

She didn't 'let up' she just lost.
    Did you watch the race, she just cruised in, not knowing OR seeing anyone to her outside closing in the last 5 m's. Of course she lost, which I've already stated above, as well as the results show.
    Yes I did, and no she didn't!! Hastings has great potential, but has been really inconsistent this season - there was no way she wasn't running the full 400. None of those girls thought they were safe - which made for a good, close finish
    It has less to do with what she's been doing during this yr and in speaking on what she did in this particular race. IN the slow mo, it looks as if she fought to beat out the athlete to her left and was holding her off, then all of a sudden Sanders comes outta the her right side and she would not have have the ability or time to respond other than to dip at the line. Either way, all the ladies were competition, hence the reason they are lining up against each other, fyi.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied

SHe was fighting that last 50m's but its a positive result from her. Hastings thought she had the race won and didn't realize they were coming on at the end and let up, ended up 3rd after thinking she had the race in the bag...she's gotta be mad at herself for that one!
    Why would Hastings have given up thinking she had the race in the bag. there were 4 athletes together the whole way down the home straight.

Did you watch the race, she just cruised in, not knowing OR seeing anyone to her outside closing in the last 5 m's. Of course she lost, which I've already stated above, as well as the results show.
    Yes I did, and no she didn't!! Hastings has great potential, but has been really inconsistent this season - there was no way she wasn't running the full 400. None of those girls thought they were safe - which made for a good, close finish

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    [quote=nevetsllim]
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Originally posted by "Speedster":3ss52n5w
    Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a medal.
    In the 200m... not the 100m, it seems competitive as it is.
    Yeah obviously only in the 200m.

With Kerron not running and all of the US girls looking dodgy I think she could sneak a surprise Bronze.
    P.S. the U.S. girls we show up for worlds :wink:

I don't think she'll medal, running rounds will have an effect on her.
    And they won't have an effect on the other athletes?[/quote:3ss52n5w]

Of course they will, just not the same type of effect. Debbie ain't no teenager.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster
    Debbie's 22.32 is her fastest since 2004 and her 5th fastest ever. This backs up her 11.04 behind VCB and Jeter in Athens which is her 10th fastest ever and again her fastest since 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie makes both world finals again.
    Before you get to excited at this performance, consider that the sprint conditions were obviously perfect, with other posters wondering why Ivory Williams, Jeter, Felix and Lolo all ran so well all of a sudden. If you don't place much stock in any of those, then this one is in the same category.

Nice hot/humid day, making for times that aren't likely to be duplicated in colder climes.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst

With Kerron not running and all of the US girls looking dodgy I think she could sneak a surprise Bronze.

And they won't have an effect on the other athletes?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X