Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kuha
    replied
    Im in Nice now and will be at the meet tomorrow...Ill be wearing the 'Walter George would have kicked your butt' tee-shirt...

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Those Bahamian gals are filling their bank accounts. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    ANDERSON Alexandria USA
    BAILEY Aleen JAM
    CAMPBELL-BROWN Veronica JAM
    DURST Stephanie USA
    FERGUSON Debbie BAH
    FRASER Shelly-Ann JAM
    JONES-FERRETTE Laverne ISV
    STURRUP Chandra BAH

Nice... VCB vs SAF and I can finally see how AA looks against these girls.
    Add Jeter to this lineup....

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    Presumably there are 2 races.

Why have 2 races in the mens 400h? Seems a bit random.
    It's probably an A and a B race I think.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Presumably there are 2 races.

Why have 2 races in the mens 400h? Seems a bit random.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    BELLAABOUSS Fadil FRA
    CLEMENT Kerron USA
    CULSON Javier PUR
    GREENE David GBR
    JACKSON Bershawn USA
    KECHI Heni FRA
    MC FARLANE Danny JAM
    PHILLIPS Isa JAM
    ROBERTSON Josef JAM
    SHIROOK Ali Obaid EAU
    TAYLOR Angelo USA
    THOMAS Tristan AUS
    VAN ZYL L.J RSA
    WILLIAMS Rhys GBR

Like the 400mH lineup too.... Like to see how this one unfolds.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    ANDERSON Alexandria USA
    BAILEY Aleen JAM
    CAMPBELL-BROWN Veronica JAM
    DURST Stephanie USA
    FERGUSON Debbie BAH
    FRASER Shelly-Ann JAM
    JONES-FERRETTE Laverne ISV
    STURRUP Chandra BAH

Nice... VCB vs SAF and I can finally see how AA looks against these girls.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Can't wait for the Symmonds-Borza showdown!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Go GR! 8-)

Leave a comment:

• gadlor
    replied
    Have others considered that maybe Symmonds is not that talented and maybe has "maxed out" his potential??? I am not sure that he is capable of much more than 1:45, which will be lucky to get him into the final at WC or Oly games.
    Nick is only 25 - I think he's got some time to develop yet. (Also...he's already run 1:44.1)

It could be that his injury earlier this year has thrown him off in a decently significant way. Personally...I think I'll be interested to see what happens to him, and all the other US up-and-comers, in 2010 - when there's no championship meets and times are all that matter.

Leave a comment:

• glimp5k
    replied
    Good morning!
    Although the Monaco meet does not have the sexy names - Bolt, Isi, Gay, etc. - the fields for some of the events (as of Sunday) are outstanding. Look at the women's 1500, all 4 hurdles races, the mens 800, women's TJ, women's HJ, plus Merritt in 400, VCB in w100 and Spotakova vs Nerius in wJav. Besides which, it rarely rains!!! I would take this caliber meet over a few STARS anytime!

Leave a comment:

• jello
    replied
    Symmonds

Have others considered that maybe Symmonds is not that talented and maybe has "maxed out" his potential??? I am not sure that he is capable of much more than 1:45, which will be lucky to get him into the final at WC or Oly games.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    One glance at the start lists gives one the impression that there could be a world record set here in the women's 800 meters....
    By 20 seconds :wink: .

Leave a comment:

• Seeksreal
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    One glance at the start lists gives one the impression that there could be a world record set here in the women's 800 meters....
    Yup, I saw that too. Pretty darn certain WR to boot!! It was very clever of her to race the men until she was ready for this attack on the WR! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gadlor
    replied
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was referring to Osaka there (and I say "most likely" two sentences later!)

gh, to what do you refer with your 'important distinction' - your point about the semi's being a different format, or something previous?

I'm not sure what difference the format necessarily makes. No quals on time seems to suggest that races will go slower, as there is exactly no reason to run a fast time then.

It also looks like Symmonds will be competing in London, if the startlists do not lie - we'll get a better idea of what his fitness is. After all, the fun of the sport is in the watching and participating, not in the punching of numbers into a calculator.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X