Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Seeksreal][quote=t_monk][quote="t_monk":129fshmi]

Nice... VCB vs SAF and I can finally see how AA looks against these girls.[/quote]

Add Jeter to this lineup....[/quote]
    I don't see Jeter in the lineup on the site. Any official start lists up yet?[/quote:129fshmi]

IAAF reported in an article today that she will run in the 100 it also says that Frater is running in the 100. The article came out this morning so... I am leaning to believing the article (a little bit of wishful thinking involved).

This is an exert from the article:
    [url="http://www.iaaf.org/GP09/news/kind=100/newsid=52334.html"]http://www.iaaf.org/GP09/news/kind=100/ ... 52334.html[/url]

Fraser, Campbell-Brown, Jeter at a dash

The two dashes are clash acts, with the women’s more of a glitter with Jamaica’s Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser taking on USA’s champion Carmelita Jeter who ran a brilliant race in London on Sunday, her 10.92 sec win is only bettered so far this year by Fraser’s 10.88 which took her to the Jamaican title at the end of June, and by world season leader Kerron Stewart, who ran 10.75 in Rome on 10 July.

Throw into the Jeter vs Fraser head to head, Jamaica’s World champion Veronica Campbell-Brown, the Bahamas’ Chandra Sturrup and her resurgent compatriot Debbie-Ferguson-McKenzie, the world leader over 200m (22.32) in 2009, and it is certain that sub-11sec times will surely result. Campbell-Brown who had been kept out of the Athens GP earlier this month because of a minor injury bounced back to fitness with a 22.37sec run over 200m in Barcelona on Saturday (25).

The men’s 100m is missing the three big names of Bolt, Powell and Gay but can still call on four Beijing Olympic finalists to keep us interested – Churandy Martina Netherlands Antilles (4th), Jamaican Michael Frater (6th) who is the World silver medallist, Trinidad’s Mark Burns (7th), and USA’s Darvis Patton (8th). Martina is the quickest of the entrants this year with 9.97sec.

Comment

Any idea if the meet will be on Universal Sports TV on Tuesday? I do not see it listed in my onscreen guide.

Edit: US website says 2:15pm EDT, my onscreen guide says "Pieces of 08: Beijing" will be shown at that time. I would assume my onscreen guide is incorrect.
      Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
        Edit: US website says 2:15pm EDT, my onscreen guide says "Pieces of 08: Beijing" will be shown at that time. I would assume my onscreen guide is incorrect.
        Universal Sports TV is showing a delayed broadcast starting at 3:00.

Maybe their web site will show it live.

Comment

My onscreen guide says Track and Field from Lausanne,Switzerland for 3pm Tuesday.

The meet begins live online at 11:15am on Tuesday
          Cows need love too

Comment

12 pm on my Guide. Anyone on the West Coast with Universal Sports channel on their cable system it will be on at noon.

Comment

channel surfing's coverage starts at 11am PST according to their website.

Comment

Lot written re the mens 800m, but not much about Kaki, a name I see on the starting list. If he runs well, I wouldn't count him out. The event that seems to be loaded with the current best is the mens 400m hurdles. Should have some great races and marks today.

Comment

[quote=t_monk][quote=Seeksreal]
                  Originally posted by "t_monk":cpre1e7z
                  Originally posted by "t_monk":cpre1e7z

Nice... VCB vs SAF and I can finally see how AA looks against these girls.
                  Add Jeter to this lineup....
                  I don't see Jeter in the lineup on the site. Any official start lists up yet?[/quote:cpre1e7z]

IAAF reported in an article today that she will run in the 100 it also says that Frater is running in the 100. The article came out this morning so... I am leaning to believing the article (a little bit of wishful thinking involved).[/quote:cpre1e7z]Don't think Jeter is running today.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                    Don't think Jeter is running today.
                    Quack Quack....Quack Quack

*runs for cover from impending flames*
                    http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz

Why does she need to run today? Because you THINK she should. :shock:

There was some discussion that all listed may not run.
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

I know, just starting trouble :twisted:
                        http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

?

Did I miss something there?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

I know, just starting trouble :twisted:
                            Bantering is fine, y'all know without it, these boards would be pretty darn boring, it's all good :wink:
                            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                              Its time for Symmonds to hit that 1:43 now. he's like my favorite middle disatnce guys.
                              I agree JB....i keep waiting for him to be really competitive on the international level...he dominates in the US but IMO that doesn't say anything if you can't take it outside the US,,,,that's what all of US distance running.

Comment

Working...
                              X