4x100m Teams for London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x100m Teams for London

Anybody know who will be on the USA Red & Blue mens and womens 4x100m relay teams yet? Or for Jamaica's mens team? I thought there wasn't going to be an actual Jamaican team and that Bolt would run with his club team. Here are the participants:

Women 4x100

BAH BAHAMAS (BAH) 41.92 43.64 Confirmed
    BEL BELGIUM (BEL) 42.54 44.91 Confirmed
    GER GERMANY (GER) 41.37 43.78 Confirmed
    GBR1 GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. (GBR) 42.43 43.18 Confirmed
    GBR2 GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. (GBR) 42.43 43.18 Confirmed
    USA-B USA BLUE (USA) 41.47 42.36 Confirmed
    USA-R USA RED (USA) 41.47 42.36 Confirmed

Men 4x100

AUS AUSTRALIA (AUS) 38.17 38.96 Confirmed
    CAN CANADA (CAN) 37.69 38.85 Confirmed
    GBR2 GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. (GBR) 37.73 38.52 Confirmed
    GBR1 GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. (GBR) 37.73 38.52 Confirmed
    JAM JAMAICA (JAM) 37.10 38.10 Confirmed
    SUI SWITZERLAND (SUI) 38.99 39.44 Confirmed
    USA-B USA BLUE (USA) 37.40 38.36 Confirmed
    USA-R USA RED (USA) 37.40 38.36 Confirmed

God I wanna know too.
    This is huge.
    It'll be a sneak peek into what'll happen next month and who we need to run.
    Dix better have his *** out there if he wants a shot.
    I need to see Wally, Crawford, Rae, Rodgers, Doc...
    Everybody accept Tyson.
    I kinda hope he skips the 200 too since he's hurt.
    I want Dix and Crawford leading off their teams.
    Wally and Rodgers on 2.
    And Rae and Doc on 4.
    I dont care who runs 3rd since I know Tyson'l be there anyway.

Comment

Looks like nobody knows. Any guesses?

Frater - Blake - Bolt - Asafa, is that actually going to happen in London?

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        Looks like nobody knows. Any guesses?

Frater - Blake - Bolt - Asafa, is that actually going to happen in London?
        Blake - Frater - Bolt - Powell.

Have the Bahamas Ladies posted a WCH qualifying time yet?
        I wonder if they have the world junior champ Shanniqua Ferguson on the team.

Comment

Will be better with Blake on back stretch for pure speed terms, plus he trains with bolt so could easily get practice in. Then again Frater has passed to Bolt last year fine. I'd still put Blake on 2nd leg though.

Should be an interesting race, did someone say gay was doing 2nd leg?

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
            Have the Bahamas Ladies posted a WCH qualifying time yet?
            I wonder if they have the world junior champ Shanniqua Ferguson on the team.
            Q is 43.90, they ran 43.64 at Penn (Henfield, Sturrup, Amertil, Ferguson McKenzie)

Comment

USA women - Jeter, Lauryn, Hooker, Felix, Alex, Solomon, Knight, Jessica Young

Muna rumored to be dealing with an injury.

USA men - Rodgers, Rae, Spearmon, Trammell, Dix (maybe), Dixon (maybe), Tyson (maybe), Crawford (maybe)

Doc will be in Barcelona.

I say maybe on some because we really don't know. Men's pool has been pretty secretive and there's the possibility that some folks could have waivers to miss the meet like Doc does (i.e. Dix, Tyson, etc.)

Hang on for the ride...not much has changed despite all the talk...this is what I was trying to explain in another thread when gh was talking about what USATF "wouldn't let happen" this year after the Beijing debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

I say maybe on some because we really don't know. Men's pool has been pretty secretive ....
                Yes, Indy has been stonewalling us like mad.

Comment

Pity Trinidad won't be present, still see them as a pontent threat, the other one that's just as potent this year will also be present, will be interesting to see Chambers and Simeon.

With three teams looking equally as good as the US, it seems the US might have their most challenging year ever (of course provided the baton suffers no falls)!

Comment

Unless things have changed, it was originally reported(wire services) that JA mens 4 x 100m was only going to be members of the Racers Track Club, ie, members of Bolt's training group.
                    Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                      Unless things have changed, it was originally reported(wire services) that JA mens 4 x 100m was only going to be members of the Racers Track Club, ie, members of Bolt's training group.
                      That's what I thought, but you see "Bolt's Team" listed as Jamaica. Which means no Bailey.

Comment

I remember commenting about this when it was first released. The press release had an error.

The Reuters release said in part: "The Jamaican relay team will be made up of athletes from the Racers Track Club and are all sub-10 second athletes from Glenn Mills' (Bolt's coach) training group." http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5651OM20090706

The problem with the press release is that Mills does not train four sub-10 Jamaicans. He's got two; Bolt and Blake.

So either it will be a Jamaican team made up of four sub-10's from Racers and MVP, or it will be a team made up of four sub-10's from Racers.

In the greater scheme of things, while I have no objection to a Racers relay team made up of athletes from other countries, I hope it is a test run for the Jamaican team for Berlin.

Frater to Blake to Bolt to Asafa. To not make use of Blake's displayed top end speed (as seen in Rome) for the second leg would be a great waste, IMHO.

Frater to Blake to Bolt to Asafa.
                        Regards,
                        toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                          I remember commenting about this when it was first released. The press release had an error.

It said in part: "The Jamaican team this time will be made up of athletes from the Racers Track Club, all of whom are sub-10 second athletes from the training group of Bolt's coach Glenn Mills." http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/ju ... grand-prix

The problem with the press release is that Mills does not train four sub-10 Jamaicans. He's got two; Bolt and Blake.

So either it will be a Jamaican team made up of four sub-10's from Racers and MVP, or it will be a team made up of four sub-10's from Racers.

In the greater scheme of things, while I have no objection to a Racers relay team made up of athletes from other countries, I hope it is a test run for the Jamaican team for Berlin.

Frater to Blake to Bolt to Asafa. To not make use of Blake's displayed top end speed (as seen in Rome) for the second leg would be a great waste, IMHO.

Based on how these guys are running, we might have a WR in London and that would be special
                          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer

The Reuters release said in part: "The Jamaican relay team will be made up of athletes from the Racers Track Club and are all sub-10 second athletes from Glenn Mills' (Bolt's coach) training group." http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5651OM20090706

Frater-blake-bolt-asafa is definitely the best order, but is there any info. on whether its going to be the racers club only or powell/frater included?

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                              USA men - Rodgers, Rae, Spearmon, Trammell, Dix (maybe), Dixon (maybe), Tyson (maybe), Crawford (maybe)

Doc will be in Barcelona.

I say maybe on some because we really don't know. Men's pool has been pretty secretive and there's the possibility that some folks could have waivers to miss the meet like Doc does (i.e. Dix, Tyson, etc.)
                              Don't know what I was thinking earlier...I meant to include Padgett as a definite. Possibly him over Dixon. Jelks and Ivory Williams are also in the open 100 so they could be on one of the London relays as well (I personally wanna see Ivory get a shot on one of them).

Comment

Working...
                              X