Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF Fantasy Contest London 09

This should be one of the easier meets of the year. Of course now that I have said that I will probably have a horrible score. I was disappointed that Ouhaddu was not available to be picked in the women's steeple as it looked like she kind of out classes the field based on current results.

I was bummed about that too... And Shaheen is not an option either!

Comment

That's annoying. She might have been my captain. It's really strange that they haven't included a 9:24 steeplechaser but they have included bizarre Korean marathoners and other virtual unknowns :x

I'll probably choose Obergfoll as a captain then Idowu, Lagat, Clement (if I haven't done so already), Ferguson and Gomes.
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
        That's annoying. She might have been my captain. It's really strange that they haven't included a 9:24 steeplechaser but they have included bizarre Korean marathoners and other virtual unknowns :x
        It's not all that strange (though still supremely annoying) considering the athletes available are selected based on '08 performances only. There are many other glaring omissions out there, waiting to annoy you at an opportune moment... Zbrozhek for one.

Comment

Where are you getting the start lists from?

On the website it says they're 'Coming Soon'.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy

Click on the event in the timetable

Comment

Come now, Flumpy - a little logic is required. Not under 'Start lists', but the more obvious 'Timetable' :wink:

http://www.uka.org.uk/uka-major-events/ ... prix-2009/

Comment

Who else is playing, and who are you picking?

I've got Dibaba as captain -
                then Hoffa, Hooker, Bershawn Jackson, Willard, and Lagat.

Hoffa's maybe the most questionable - the others appear to have pretty good shots at winning based on season performances being at least a head (if not shoulders) above the others.

Comment

Confused

I am confused.. The list found at Timetable has no steeple, no men's pole vault for Hooker or anyone else, no women's javelin. I find it very difficult as the contest has no listing for Hargrove in the W400 or Krevsun in the W 800.

What am I missing?

Comment

Re: Confused

Originally posted by rogueden
                    I am confused.. The list found at Timetable has no steeple, no men's pole vault for Hooker or anyone else, no women's javelin. I find it very difficult as the contest has no listing for Hargrove in the W400 or Krevsun in the W 800.

What am I missing?
                    A good question - do you mean at my link above - they're all on the lists that I'm looking at!

Comment

I'll probably choose Obergfoll as a captain then Idowu, Lagat, Clement (if I haven't done so already), Ferguson and Gomes.
                      Obergfol isn't on the start list???

Comment

Obergfol isn't on the start list???
                        She was on, now is off. Best to kep checking I've changed my team every day for 4 days now. Monica Hargrove, a good pick in the 400 is not on IAAF's list either.

Comment

i've got bernie as captain
                          phillips
                          dwight
                          debbie
                          anna willard
                          steve hooker

i had about 16 choices and wittled them down but but i think i'm going to change a few but looking at them now i may have to change them again

i thought irving was in the LJ but he's not on the start list if he's not then dwight becomes captain or maybe steve or maybe phillips

:? :? :?
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Re: Confused

Originally posted by rogueden

What am I missing?
                            Krevsun is there.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                              i've got bernie as captain
                              phillips
                              dwight
                              debbie
                              anna willard
                              steve hooker

i had about 16 choices and wittled them down but but i think i'm going to change a few but looking at them now i may have to change them again

i thought irving was in the LJ but he's not on the start list if he's not then dwight becomes captain or maybe steve or maybe phillips

:? :? :?
                              IAAF seems to think Saladino is there...

http://www.iaaf.org/GP09/news/kind=100/ ... 52222.html

Comment

Working...
                              X