• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    K.I.R.

• K.I.R.
    replied
    Originally posted by bluequiet
    Ya, I already mentioned that he prolly went to see Muschaweck, but somebody rebutted my assumption saying that he instead went to see Wolfhart.
    That guy is a quack.

Wherever Gay started, I'm sure he ended up talking to Dr. Muschaweck. If he didn't, Agent Wetmore isn't doing his job.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by K.I.R.
    As someone who has had two hernia repairs, all it took was reading the article and seeing he went to Munich to know almost exactly what was going on.

Gay almost certainly went here:
    http://www.leistenbruch.de/english/home.html

A friend of mine went under Dr. M's knife and was running in ten days.
    :shock: :?

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat

• RamGoat
    replied
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    What does the surgery entail?
    Ok forget it... I used Youtube and got some nice animations.

Leave a comment:

• bluequiet

• bluequiet
    replied
    Ya, I already mentioned that he prolly went to see Muschaweck, but somebody rebutted my assumption saying that he instead went to see Wolfhart.

I still wouldn't be suprised to be told he did see Muschaweck because a surgery option was discussed with Gay and I don't think thats something Wolfhart would have mentioned unless he was telling Gay to get worked on Muschaweck.

I've had three sports hernia repairs. None of them have worked on me. Real sports hernias (as opposed to groin pulls or undiagnosed torn labrums, etc.) are very complicated and are not something you just fix real quick and forget about. However, some people have been lucky and recovered well from it (Donovan McNabb might be a good example, and I'm sure the NHL features some good recovery stories).

I think Gay can make it through Berlin with no issues, though. Considering that he is an athlete of his stature, I would expect that at the very least he should hit his groin area with some shockwave therapy. I would assume that regardless of if it's a sports hernia or not, that would help his groin feel better and give him a real good shot of having minimal/no issues in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat

• RamGoat
    replied
    What does the surgery entail?

Leave a comment:

• K.I.R.

• K.I.R.
    replied
    As someone who has had two hernia repairs, all it took was reading the article and seeing he went to Munich to know almost exactly what was going on.

Gay almost certainly went here:
    http://www.leistenbruch.de/english/home.html

A friend of mine went under Dr. M's knife and was running in ten days.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by toyracer
    Originally posted by Smoke
    This is not an injury of running too hard. I had an athlete sustain this injury on a false start while half way taking the first hurdle.
    It is fixable with minor interruption in training, I have seen twice now in the last 3 years, the latest being this past December. The hardest part was getting it identified, after that the cure was quick and easy.
    The last few sentences are what got my attention, as they beg the answer to a question I had posed rhetorically previously.

If this injury has existed for years, is fixable with minor interruption in training and has a quick and easy cure, why didn't they (the Gay camp) do something about it post-Beijing? If he was resting his hamstring, wouldn't that have also been a great time to do whatever is required for this? What about during the 5 or 6 week period we heard of earlier this year when he missed training for another injury? Couldn't it have been taken care of then?

It just seems silly to me to know of an injury that can be cured quick and easy and do nothing about it.
    That's because sports' hernia surgery isn't a quick fix like Smoke is saying. It used to take 2 - 3 months for athletes to recover from the surgery. Now, especially if the injury isn't severe, it can take as little as 4 weeks before the athlete can return to training. Gay may have decided that he didn't want to risk a lengthy recovery (yes, it could still take him longer than doctor' expect) and have him not be ready in time for training for Berlin. For all we know, he may have been advised by doctors that the injury did not require surgery.

There is a lot we don't know about this injury. The only thing we do know is that there "might be one that could affect his performance in Berlin." But if he wins, I guess it wasn't that big of a deal............

Leave a comment:

• track_expert

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by infinityemmo
    hawhawhawhaw wait... Is this the same doctor Safa visited when he had his groin injury? Suddenly i've read everywhere that he/she is a "medicin" supplier... hyppooooo's :roll:
    Wolfhart?

Leave a comment:

• infinityemmo

• infinityemmo
    replied
    hawhawhawhaw wait... Is this the same doctor Safa visited when he had his groin injury? Suddenly i've read everywhere that he/she is a "medicin" supplier... hyppooooo's :roll:

Leave a comment:

• toyracer

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoke
    This is not an injury of running too hard. I had an athlete sustain this injury on a false start while half way taking the first hurdle.
    It is fixable with minor interruption in training, I have seen twice now in the last 3 years, the latest being this past December. The hardest part was getting it identified, after that the cure was quick and easy.
    The last few sentences are what got my attention, as they beg the answer to a question I had posed rhetorically previously.

If this injury has existed for years, is fixable with minor interruption in training and has a quick and easy cure, why didn't they (the Gay camp) do something about it post-Beijing? If he was resting his hamstring, wouldn't that have also been a great time to do whatever is required for this? What about during the 5 or 6 week period we heard of earlier this year when he missed training for another injury? Couldn't it have been taken care of then?

It just seems silly to me to know of an injury that can be cured quick and easy and do nothing about it.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Really what difference does it make if there is this degree of speculation here, and elsewhere about how serious, or if in fact the injury is serious.

The situation is what it is, it will play out as it plays out, nothing more or nothing less. Folks in the words of Michael Jackson..wanna be starting something, got to be starting something, I'm just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Smoke

• Smoke
    replied
    This summer is full of drama! Bolt wrecks his car. Asafa twist his ankle. Tyson has a sports hernia. SAF had an appendectomy in May. VCB tweaked her hamstring in Athens. Kerron has a foot issue (anyone know what it is yet?). Sherron Simpson has knee surgery (she is racing in Sweden). Carmelita cramps in the final at Eugene. Reportedly Muna has a niggle. Berlin is shaping up to be a very good meet, with all the requisite drama needed to give it appeal, human interest, and multiple storylines. You could not write a better script.

Leave a comment:

• bman

• bman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    Recall after Gay's hamstring injury in 08, the word from his camp that it was not serious!
    Good point. I hate to say it but I am not convinced this is nothing. Thankfully unlike last year he will run some races here for the world to see...

Leave a comment:

• track_expert

• track_expert
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    Recall after Gay's hamstring injury in 08, the word from his camp that it was not serious!
    Whoever saw him get carried off the track and believed it wasnt serious, is a fool.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X