Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cacique
    replied
    my goodness, just watched the london program on US last night. they showed her last jump (as well as lebedeva's). what a contrast. jimoh has the physique and the ability to be a great jumper or the greatest long jumper (or hurdler, or high jumper, or even hept), but her technique (or lack of ) and landing are really scary. awkward chopping steps before takeoff, her leg trail freezes in the air instead of extending forward, she lands with her whole body, like a corpse being thrown out of a train. what's wrong with this girl? she needs a sports psychologist or something. in contrast, lebedeva put on a clinic on how to jump.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    She tried something different at US nationals, however. The dead man's flop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3mMPhr9YY
    LOL, I had not seen that before. She is probably worse at landing than Chris Tomlinson.

Leave a comment:

• lilwayne1814
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Originally posted by 3a
    She needs help, that's for sure. If only to ensure that she keeps all the teeth in her head.
    I literally laughed out loud! Never a truer word spoken :lol:
    I saw her jump in the London meet and the first thing that came to mind was the same...I can see her teeth to knee one day...side note - as someone stated - she is a pretty lady.

Leave a comment:

• lilwayne1814
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexm
    Originally posted by gm
    Note the key word in the original post... "caring"

Jim Bevan at Rice is still Jimoh's coach.
    In London Eric Drechsler was in the stands and advising Jimoh between jumps. I guess Rice can't travel round Europe with his other committments?
    Rice is the school she attended in Houston.

Leave a comment:

• Alexm
    replied
    Originally posted by gm

In London Eric Drechsler was in the stands and advising Jimoh between jumps. I guess Rice can't travel round Europe with his other committments?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Re: Funmi Jimoh...coached by Drechsler

Originally posted by cacique
    and when was she caught doping? was that before or after that?
    She only trained with Drechsler during the 97 season.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Just to point out, on Jimoh's very own website she states that she spiked her hand in Luzerne. Then, lifting a weight she gashed her forhead and....lost some tooth. I honestly had not seen that entry before I posted my first comment.

http://www.funmijimoh.com/.a/6a00e551ae ... 220970b-pi

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by gm

And you are exaggerating her landing problems a tad, saying "always".
    I am pretty sure I have seen her land about 1,000 times more than you have, and it is not "always".
    To be fair, I've only saw her jump in person twice. The rest has been on TV. But every time I have seen her jump a series. there has ALWAYS been a scary, "how the hell has she still got teeth", jump. It IS a dangerous technique and I think reckless of a coach not to have sorted it out by now. Amazing natural ability though.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

And you are exaggerating her landing problems a tad, saying "always".
    I am pretty sure I have seen her land about 1,000 times more than you have, and it is not "always".

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    wow... that's a really scary landing. she's quite pretty though. pity if something would happen to her face! (hopefully nothing...)

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    She needs help, that's for sure. If only to ensure that she keeps all the teeth in her head.
    I literally laughed out loud! Never a truer word spoken :lol:

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by 3a
    I don't get it.
    She always lands knees to mouth. There have been quite a few times where she has hurt her face on landing. Scares me to death, every time.

Knees to mouth at 23 seconds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqLZaK-B9xg

She tried something different at US nationals, however. The dead man's flop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3mMPhr9YY

Call me ridiculous, but I genuinely believe Ms. Jimoh has a world record in her. She won't ever get it because it's too late in her career to actually learn how to finish. But, MAN, the height, the extension....she was just some solid coaching as a junior away from being the best ever in my humble opinion.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• dakota
    replied
    She sounds bat shit crazy. I like the way she calls a bunch of people evil then explains she doesn't hold any grudges. Always a sure sign of sanity that. Apparently "If I knowingly used banned substances to enhance performance, it is between me and my God." Bet Marion Jones wishes she'd thought of that one.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by dakota
    She also played for the Nigerian soccer team at the first women's World Cup in 1991.
    And remains the only athlete to have ever competed in a FIFA world cup and IAAF event, nevermind champs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X