http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/sports/a ... -1119.html

link just says
    an error has occurred
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Its still live online though correct?

Comment

I note that this schedule shows World Champs programming Monday - Friday on Versus TV. If I recall correctly the last schedule we were tossing around showed just weekend programming on NBC. That is a nice upgrade!

Comment

Yup, says error gh.

Universal Sports says they will have it live online, but i'm not sure at what time EST.

Comment

According to the link:

Friday, July 24: IAAF Super Grand Prix: Aviva London Grand Prix (3/2c, Universal Sports)

Saturday, July 25: IAAF Super Grand Prix: Aviva London Grand Prix (3/2c, Universal Sports)

Comment

somebody called office to say they got an error message, but all seems clean from our end... hopefully it was just a transient thing w/ the TV Guide server.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                Its still live online though correct?

According to www.universalsports.com website, the webcast this Friday begins at 12:45pm EDT
                Cows need love too

Comment

Note: the TV and webcast times are not the same thing.

Friday, July 24
                  Live broadcast on UniversalSports.com: 12:45 - 3:30 PM
                  TV 3:00-5:30

Saturday, July 25
                  Live on UniversalSports.com: 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM
                  TV 3:00-6:00

Comment

bump

Comment

Great Coverage

I know it is not fashionable on this forum to compliment TV coverage of T&F but I thought Universal Sports coverage of the London GP was great! The camera work was terrific in all events. In the long jump in particular you really got the feeling that it's the LONG jump with the way they shot it. The commentating was very good, Dwight Stones made a couple of slight goof-ups about the pace of some of the middle distance races but his breadth of knowledge across the range of events is impressive. They also did not have some inane "interview" just seconds after each race when the winner is breathless and sweating. When a false start happened (which there were a lot) they would immediately break away and show a field event and then return to the race when it was ready to go. I also liked that they showed a lot of the lesser known athletes and not just concentrate on a few stars. I very much hope that this TV coverage becomes the model for future coverage. Great job Universal Sports.

Comment

Re: Great Coverage

Originally posted by Recdude
                        I know it is not fashionable on this forum to compliment TV coverage of T&F but I thought Universal Sports coverage of the London GP was great! The camera work was terrific in all events. In the long jump in particular you really got the feeling that it's the LONG jump with the way they shot it...I very much hope that this TV coverage becomes the model for future coverage. Great job Universal Sports.
                        Yes. I caught a significant portion of it online, and I did enjoy the coverage. It seemed very natural and relaxed, and the camera angles were great. They showed all the participants in each event and also perspective angles at the start of races. It had some of the best WLJ coverage I think I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by CunnySewer
                          I know it is not fashionable on this forum to compliment TV coverage of T&F but I thought Universal Sports coverage of the London GP was great! ..
                          Great job Universal Sports.
                          AFAIK that was BBC (Sport) coverage. Universal Sports broadcasted their feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Recdude
                            I know it is not fashionable on this forum to compliment TV coverage of T&F but I thought Universal Sports coverage of the London GP was great! The camera work was terrific in all events. In the long jump in particular you really got the feeling that it's the LONG jump with the way they shot it. The commentating was very good, Dwight Stones made a couple of slight goof-ups about the pace of some of the middle distance races but his breadth of knowledge across the range of events is impressive. They also did not have some inane "interview" just seconds after each race when the winner is breathless and sweating. When a false start happened (which there were a lot) they would immediately break away and show a field event and then return to the race when it was ready to go. I also liked that they showed a lot of the lesser known athletes and not just concentrate on a few stars. I very much hope that this TV coverage becomes the model for future coverage. Great job Universal Sports.
                            I'm certain that Universal Sports had nothing to do with it. They took the same feed as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
                              AFAIK that was BBC (Sport) coverage. Universal Sports broadcasted their feed.
                              Their coverage was great either way

Comment

Working...
                              X