Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Junior Champs, Novi Sad, 23-26 July

The competition started a couple of hours ago.
    The first gold, in the women's 10000 walk predictably went to Russia - Elvira Alembekova won with 46:31.07.

Ramil Guliyev won his first-round heat a few minutes ago, presumably without exerting himself much. He ran 10.58 (+0.1) and finished 0.04 ahead.

Live results available here
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

The other favorite, world junior champion at 200 Christophe Lemaitre was the fastest in the 100m heats with 10.44 (+0.2). Expect to see much faster in the semis.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Yeah should actually be some very quick times for European champs in the 100 mens, hopefully bodes well for the future senior ones, especially since most the fast time in euro juniors have always come from GB and they're not in the running this year. Actually i may of under estimated them, if they PB they could get the bronze. Usually we got loads of 10.3 kind of runners and some 10.2 on good years.

Hopefully Chris Clarke can win the 400 even though he's not favourite.

Id also like a GB MD medal from that really quick lad thats still a junior next year, i forgot his name, but his PB's are very impressive. I think he goes in the 800.

Womens sprints also looks good, along with the 4x100. I think Wake should run well in the 400, her brother(i presume) ran well at the youths, hopefully she will carry on running well and hopefully PB. Nelson should hopefully win the 100 not sure who is running the 200.

I think GB men should win the 4x400 comfortable. I think they all are sub 47

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
        Nelson should hopefully win the 100
        She's not competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
          Nelson should hopefully win the 100
          She's not competing.
          Who's going in the womans 100 n 200 for GB then?

Comment

Torema Dorsett in the 100m. If you click on the link Powell posted above, you should be able to find the 200m startlists.

Comment

OK, we should still alright, be better if Jodie Williams or Nelson was doing the 100. I think Thompson should do well in the 200 probably winning it hopefully.

Shocked Chris Clarke had to run 46.8 to get through in his first heat, havent they heard of pacing.

Comment

actually just seen the times that everyone ran in that heat, he had no choice.

Comment

SInce shen did GB have a Decathlon star? :shock: sub 11, 7'50, 15m plus so far for Gardener. Colour me impressed.

And more African Age deceptions, this time for and adopted Dibaba.
                  http://www.athletics-weekly.com/article.php?id=947

Comment

Mikewats

If you read Chris Clarkes comments post race he said he was taking it fairly easy, so i wouldn't worry i think he has a lot more in the tank, should be between him and the German for the Gold i would have thought, but i got to put my money on Chris, he always pulls it out the bag in the big competitions.

GBR womens sprinting in fairly healthy shape for our young women.
                    Jodie Williams World Youth Champion.
                    Jennie Batten becoming EYOF Champ in the 100m and likely to win the 200m.
                    Shaunna Thompson, Ashlee Nelson and a likely gold medal winning 4x100m team.
                    Not to mention hopefully the return next year of Asha Phillip its not looking bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
                      And more African Age deceptions, this time for and adopted Dibaba.
                      http://www.athletics-weekly.com/article.php?id=947
                      We heard that quite a while ago:
                      http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... ht=#556965

Comment

Where is this being held???

what time will the 400 semi's be on? i knows its 5 o clock on their clock, what time BST?

I'll keep my wits about me for the interviews, i think it only shows one at a time and if u miss it...tough.

Comment

Where is this being held???
                          IMO obvious and important questions like this should be already answered in the thread title - something like "European Junior Champs, City They're Held In, 23-26 July" - an idea, Powell? :wink:

Comment

I did check but nothing jumped out at me. So serbia it is then.

Comment

I know it is only the heats but I won't be surprised if the final in the women's 100 is of inferior quality to what we saw at the World Youths.

Comment

Working...
                              X