13/2 - 50.56 ht & 50.55 f
    18/2 - 51.15
    6/3 - 8/3 - 51.56, 51.59, 51.18

Outdoors
    25/4 - 52.4 relay leg
    1/7 - 50.24
    5/7 - 50.51
    23/7 - 26/7 - 50.33 & 49.29

Last season she her best time was 51.24 for ninth at the Russian champs.

More info on the 400m semis.

Ht1
    Krivoshapka - 49.29
    Nazarova - 50.57
    Antyukh - 50.90
    Levina - 51.69

Ht 2
    Litvinova - 50.56
    Firova - 50.59
    Safonova - 51.32
    Veshkurova - 51.47
    Zykina 53.43

Ht3
    Kapachinskaya - 50.49
    Guschina - 51.06
    Migunova - 51.53
    Voynova - 51.95

If they go for first 2 + two fastest, or even just the 8 fastest then the finalists should be as below. Looks to be a fantastic battle for the 2nd and 3rd spot:

Krivoshapka - 49.29
    Kapachinskaya - 50.49
    Litvinova - 50.56
    Nazarova - 50.57
    Firova - 50.59
    Antyukh - 50.90
    Guschina - 51.06
    Safonova - 51.32

Comment

Hasn't Krivoshapka learned from the experiences of her countrywomen last year? It seems unlikely that an athlete can improve by two seconds in one season......if she was a 53 athlete suddenly running 51s, it would be more credible but she has gone fom being a solid 51 - Lee McConnell type athlete - to miraculous wonders indoors and is now the fastest woman in the world outdoors.

Reminds me a bit of VBH improving from 52s and 53s to 48.83 in 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
        Reminds me a bit of VBH improving from 52s and 53s to 48.83 in 1984.
        Oh Matt, the American's will tell you that was down to hard work, introducing a weights programme, moving coaches etc etc :P

Krivoshapka's improvement is suspect, for sure. Especially in light of the Russian positives. But I guess innocent until proven guilty. Besides, I'm all for a cold war clash like the old says; Krivoshapka vs Richards will hopefully be good, if the Russian can match this form in Berlin.

Comment

Still, 53.09 at the age of 16 does suggest major talent. Occasionally these talents do get derailed due to injuries, distractions of life etc. Without knowing more about her background, I suggest it's hard to judge.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            Without knowing more about her background, I suggest it's hard to judge.
            Knowing which country she's from, and the route that the majority of her big-improving teammates have taken, I'd say it's easy to judge :P

Comment

Well now VBH was as clean in 1984 as my grandson's panties.!!! :P :twisted:

Comment

The women's 400m final is just after 15:00 BST, so not long to go to see if Krivoshapka can surprise us again. Before that it's the women's & men's 400mh finals and we also have the women's LJ final. From what I've seen, Kolcahnova did not make the cut, jumping udner 6m! :shock: She's had one outdoor meet previously this year, a 6.72 back in May. The 100 and 800 finals are later tonight too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                  Knowing which country she's from, and the route that the majority of her big-improving teammates have taken, I'd say it's easy to judge :P
                  And let's not forget that TACHE!

Comment

Have we a new world record yet or did she decide to be coy?

Comment

Pechonkina improved marginally in the final and won with 54.86. None of the others went below 56 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
                        Well now VBH was as clean in 1984 as my grandson's panties.!!! :P :twisted:
                        enjoy your vacation

Comment

Krivoshapka 49.71
                          Kapachinskaya 49.97
                          Litvinova 50.27

Comment

49'7 in the final.....I don't know if I'm disappointed.

Kapachinskaya bringing it with a PB but Gushina wasn't in the top 3 which is disappointing.

ANy chance they would select Guschina over Litvinova given that the former has a faster PB and was 4th in Beijing (aswell as winning two relay medals)?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              enjoy your vacation
                              Not that I question your decision - that post was clearly in breach of the rules. But I see unfair treatment here - why does everyone get away with saying the same thing about Krivoshapka as Scoe said about VBH???

Comment

Working...
                              X