Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian Champs, Friday [split]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming of discussing actual track & field....

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Powell
      Originally posted by #6
      90% of the users that post about Russians athletes.. but i could add Greeks..Bulgarians.. should get a vacation..
      (that's, of course, just a my opinion)
      I concur. I still think the board rules are used selectively.
      Of course they are. But it's still the only T&F forum where you get some actual news.

      Comment


      • #33
        Natalya Sadova won the DT with 65.40 - the second farthest throw in the world this year.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 3a
          Originally posted by Powell
          Originally posted by #6
          90% of the users that post about Russians athletes.. but i could add Greeks..Bulgarians.. should get a vacation..
          (that's, of course, just a my opinion)
          I concur. I still think the board rules are used selectively.
          Of course they are. But it's still the only T&F forum where you get some actual news.
          Women's shot was won in 20'07 (now a medal favourite) by Anna Abaeeba (?) Omorova was third with a low 17 meter toss.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 3a
            Women's shot was won in 20'07 (now a medal favourite) by Anna Abaeeba (?)
            Anna Avdeyeva. Now that really came out of nowhere. It beats her PB by about a meter, and her SB by over 2 meters :!:

            Yelena Sokolova won the LJ with 6.92 PB.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

            Comment


            • #36
              Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure.

              Savinova won in 1'59.01

              Borza won the mens 800 in 1'46.60

              Comment


              • #37
                Anna Chicherova is back! She took the HJ win with 2.00. Yelena Slesarenko is improving, too - she was second with 1.96, beating Svetlana Shkolina on countback.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Another big PB in the men's SP - Maksim Sidorov won with 20.92 (previous PB was 20.28), ahead of Sofin's 20.59.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Anna great
                    Lena looks like she's over her injury woes too

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      They're replaying yesterday's action on channel 6 here in Moscow, and I've been watching with my girlfriend. The men's 800 came on and I launched into a long spiel about Borzakovskiy's "Silky Sullivan" routine, always running from the back. So naturally he goes and makes a liar outta me - front running the whole way. :? I don't know if this represents a new philosophy on his part, of if it just indicates the low quality of the other Russian men... but it sure made me look foolish. :lol:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by 3a
                        Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure....
                        Or is there a chance they gave her a free pass already? The Russian federation has certainly done that in the past.

                        And the timetable is quite friendly for an 8/15 double.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by 3a
                          Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure....
                          Or is there a chance they gave her a free pass already? The Russian federation has certainly done that in the past.

                          And the timetable is quite friendly for an 8/15 double.
                          Note that there was a tie for 3rd in the 800.

                          I hope the officials have planned for an administrative run-off.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X