• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by 3a
    Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure....
    Or is there a chance they gave her a free pass already? The Russian federation has certainly done that in the past.

And the timetable is quite friendly for an 8/15 double.
    Note that there was a tie for 3rd in the 800.

I hope the officials have planned for an administrative run-off.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure....
    Or is there a chance they gave her a free pass already? The Russian federation has certainly done that in the past.

And the timetable is quite friendly for an 8/15 double.

Leave a comment:

• BruceFlorman
    replied
    They're replaying yesterday's action on channel 6 here in Moscow, and I've been watching with my girlfriend. The men's 800 came on and I launched into a long spiel about Borzakovskiy's "Silky Sullivan" routine, always running from the back. So naturally he goes and makes a liar outta me - front running the whole way. :? I don't know if this represents a new philosophy on his part, of if it just indicates the low quality of the other Russian men... but it sure made me look foolish. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• gm33
    replied
    Anna great
    Lena looks like she's over her injury woes too

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Another big PB in the men's SP - Maksim Sidorov won with 20.92 (previous PB was 20.28), ahead of Sofin's 20.59.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Anna Chicherova is back! She took the HJ win with 2.00. Yelena Slesarenko is improving, too - she was second with 1.96, beating Svetlana Shkolina on countback.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Alminova didn't show for the 800m today. Obviously concentrating on the 1500m. Does she really have more of a chance in this event come Berlin? I'm not so sure.

Savinova won in 1'59.01

Borza won the mens 800 in 1'46.60

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    Women's shot was won in 20'07 (now a medal favourite) by Anna Abaeeba (?)
    Anna Avdeyeva. Now that really came out of nowhere. It beats her PB by about a meter, and her SB by over 2 meters :!:

Yelena Sokolova won the LJ with 6.92 PB.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by #6
    90% of the users that post about Russians athletes.. but i could add Greeks..Bulgarians.. should get a vacation..
    (that's, of course, just a my opinion)
    I concur. I still think the board rules are used selectively.
    Of course they are. But it's still the only T&F forum where you get some actual news.
    Women's shot was won in 20'07 (now a medal favourite) by Anna Abaeeba (?) Omorova was third with a low 17 meter toss.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Natalya Sadova won the DT with 65.40 - the second farthest throw in the world this year.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by #6
    90% of the users that post about Russians athletes.. but i could add Greeks..Bulgarians.. should get a vacation..
    Of course they are. But it's still the only T&F forum where you get some actual news.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming of discussing actual track & field....

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by #6

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Polyakova won her 100m semi by at least 4 metres. 11'18

The other was won in 11'38

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by gh
    enjoy your vacation
    Not that I question your decision - that post was clearly in breach of the rules. But I see unfair treatment here - why does everyone get away with saying the same thing about Krivoshapka as Scoe said about VBH???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X