Meet your favorite athlete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet your favorite athlete

If you were given an opportunity to spend one week with one athletics competitor of your choice, who would that be?

Why?

What life application would you bring back from that encounter?

Re: Meet your favorite athlete

Sureya Ayhan. Why? I know beauty when I see it. It would probably be an awkward week for both of us, though.. (ditto, many other athletes, too)

Comment

I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer to a question like this.

Comment

>I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer to a
        >question like this.

Well then how about favorite MALE athlete.

Comment

>>I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer to
          >a
          >question like this.

Well then how about favorite MALE athlete.

ok now I will answer in a serious vein:

one of 2 guys:

Valery Brumel so he could teach me how to high jump like he did.

Herb Elliott so I could see and experience running the sand dunes at Portsea.

Comment

>>I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer to
            >a
            >question like this.

>Well then how about favorite MALE athlete.

How do you think he got in trouble with his interpretation in the first place?

Comment

Dick Beardsley, so that I could work on the farm with him, learn how he trained to be a world class marathoner, and his recovery from serious injury and addiction.

John Walker, so that I could learn about his exploits back in the 70's and 80's, how he trained, and his current life. I'd just like to help him at his tack store and listen to his stories. Recall that Walker was the one who once said that his favorite all time athlete was Secretariat.

Comment

>>>I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer
                >to
                >a
                >question like this.

>Well then how about favorite MALE
                >athlete.

How do you think he got in trouble with his interpretation in the
                >first place?

Thanks asterix, you're a great guy. I figured someone would take that opportunity. just kidding.

>>>I got in trouble once before with my interpretation and then answer
                >to
                >a
                >question like this.

>Well then how about favorite MALE
                >athlete.

How do you think he got in trouble with his interpretation in the
                >first place?

Comment

decathlete Paul Terek...because he's so hot!

seriously, any decathlete, Daley Thompson, Dan O'Brien, Dave Johnson, etc. except Bruce Jenner (freak)

to learn about how they manage to train for all 10 events

Comment

I would choose to spend time with Said Aouita, the "Magical Little Moroccan". Aouita was one of the toughest of his generation, and lived up to most of the hype. He ran so incredibly fast from 800m to 10,000m, and truly believed he was invincible across all of those diciplines.

He was the first under 13.00 (12.58,39) and 7.30 (7.29,45), and showed remarkable durability throughout his career (with all of the world record runs, missed world record runs, WCs and OGs).

Comment

My favourite person in t&f isn't an athlete, he is the greatest t&f journalist and writer of all time: Mr. Roberto L. Quercetani.
                      I was lucky to meet him in Florence, Italy, two years ago. He is a very friendly and kind person.
                      It's nice for me to hear him sometimes by phone or e-mail.

Comment

ohmygosh... there is too many... i got to meet Ryan Deak and Ryan Deak is my favorite person in the whole entire world... also Dathan, Marion.... Muna... a ton of people.. they are all gods to me lol... ttyl-rob

Comment

Phil Shinnik

Comment

Then learn to spell his name correctly.

Comment

conor

Comment

Working...
                              X