X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Junior Champs, Friday: Lemaître 10.04

Originally posted by cacique
    Originally posted by Powell
    Guliyev is cutting it very fine - 10.69 in his semi, with 4 other guys within 0.06 off him. Had he run 0.04 slower, he wouldn't even have made the final. Is he really just taking it easy or is his form a bit suspect?
    that is not correct, powell. look at the results of the 3 semis. he won his semi. he could have run 11 seconds and still qualified as long as he fiinished in the top 2.
    My point is that he was only 0.03 ahead of 3rd placer in his semi. Which is what makes me wonder about his form. If you are way ahead of your opponents and take it easy, you make sure you still qualify comfortably. 0.03 is not comfortable.

Originally posted by cacique
    are you watching this on tv?
    No. If I was watching it, I would have a more definite opinion on Guliyev's form. As it is, I can only speculate.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Do not actually concern about Guliyev's form...his runs are tactical...he didn't have to run faster, and he didn't...in the final he will be very strong! easy 10.10, maybe low 10.0x

Comment

My point is that he was only 0.03 ahead of 3rd placer in his semi. Which is what makes me wonder about his form. If you are way ahead of your opponents and take it easy, you make sure you still qualify comfortably. 0.03 is not comfortable.
      Not necessarily. Take Elliot Quow at '83 WC semis - holding back, going through with the minimum of effort, clocking exactly the same time (20.69) as Cameron Sharp in 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
        Not necessarily. Take Elliot Quow at '83 WC semis - holding back, going through with the minimum of effort, clocking exactly the same time (20.69) as Cameron Sharp in 5th.
        Like I said in previous post, he didn't even bother winning his semi two weeks ago at the Universiade, yet went from a 20.77 2nd place semi final to a 20.02 final. That just underlines his feelings about round running.

Comment

The comedy continues: SAFAROVA, Gezashign AZE 4:15.72 Q PB and NJR!

Bit of a mockery really, The European Junior champs now warrants a sub title of ...and Africans bought by Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
            The comedy continues: SAFAROVA, Gezashign AZE 4:15.72 Q PB and NJR!

Bit of a mockery really, The European Junior champs now warrants a sub title of ...and Africans bought by Azerbaijan.
            Azerbaijan isn't the only country that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3a
              Like I said in previous post, he didn't even bother winning his semi two weeks ago at the Universiade, yet went from a 20.77 2nd place semi final to a 20.02 final. That just underlines his feelings about round running.
              But in that case, he qualified with 0.14 to spare - that I can call a controlled race. 0.03 to spare is danger zone.

Comment

Theres going to be some very hollow victories for Azerbaijan me feels......

Turkey also like their imports as well don't they.....

Comment

No results are up yet for the 100m final, but judging by the photofinish, Lemaitre defeated Guliyev quite easily:
                  http://www.sportresult.com/sports/la/fr ... 010040.jpg

Comment

Lemaitre 10.04 (+0.2) - a new European junior record (0.02 faster than Dwain Chambers)! He now replaces Guliyev as the fastest white junior ever.

Guliyev ran 10.16 - not too shabby, either.

Comment

Lemaitre 10.04 (+0.2) - a new European junior record (0.02 faster than Dwain Chambers)! He now replaces Guliyev as the fastest white junior ever.

Guliyev ran 10.16 - not too shabby, either.
                      Wowza!! :shock:

It's also the fastest time by a European (inc. seniors) this year. :shock:

It's a shame Lemaitre isn't doing the 200m.

Comment

Wow Lemaitre looks the real deal, now only a matter of time surely before he goes under 10 seconds.
                        However i still really dont get all this first white guy under 10 seconds, it really doesn't matter....

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                          It's a shame Lemaitre isn't doing the 200m.
                          True. But it's pretty hard to do 3 events in a championship event that only lasts 4 days. If he doubled, he would still have the first round of the 200 to come tonight. Guliyev at least isn't doing the relay.

Robert Hering ran 20.41 this year, so he may provide at least some competition for Guliyev.

Comment

Stream

http://www.tutelevisiononline.com/tv_on ... +Vojvodina

Comment

WOW. Surely HE'LL be the first white guy to go sub 10. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X