Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't Wheating in the London mile?

Register-Guard reported a few weeks back that Wheating was running a few races in Europe and was in the London mile. Don't see him on the list. Anybody know why?

Unless he has turned pro early and has an agent, getting into races in Europe is both expensive and problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Unless he has turned pro early and has an agent, getting into races in Europe is both expensive and problematic.
      The story in Register-Guard linked here (which I can't get to open now for some reason; I could when it was first posted) says that we was in and going: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read. ... 181&page=0

Comment

The key may be this from that story <<The good news for Wheating is that if he can show that he is completely healthy over the next few days, he can still get into some European meets.>> And the story was dated June 30.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          That's never bee a problem before at UNE.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            The Hausers ran at least one European 10K while they were still at Stanford and Russell Brown and Garrett Heath ran PBs over there a couple summers ago.
            Michael Coe (Berkeley) ran a 3K in Belgium a couple weeks ago as well.
            It's not impossible, and would be far easier as an Olympian I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by K.I.R.
              Originally posted by gh
              The Hausers ran at least one European 10K while they were still at Stanford and Russell Brown and Garrett Heath ran PBs over there a couple summers ago.
              Michael Coe (Berkeley) ran a 3K in Belgium a couple weeks ago as well.
              It's not impossible, and would be far easier as an Olympian I imagine.
              He's talking about Golden League races.

Comment

Why isn't Wheating in the London Mile

Originally posted by gh
                The key may be this from that story <<The good news for Wheating is that if he can show that he is completely healthy over the next few days, he can still get into some European meets.>> And the story was dated June 30.
                i spoke to him at dinner tuesday night. he wants to run in europe for experience but being 100% healthy and fit is part of the decision. he did not know if he would go or not.

Comment

Re: Why isn't Wheating in the London Mile

Originally posted by bhagwan
                  i spoke to him at dinner tuesday night. he wants to run in europe for experience but being 100% healthy and fit is part of the decision. he did not know if he would go or not.
                  Thanks. Hope he gets healthy and can make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                    He's talking about Golden League races.
                    I suppose if one can get into GL races they have no business being in the NCAA. They should be getting paid.

Comment

Working...
                    X