Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And at the same time that we get 11 jumps over 17 with some key players absent (and in a venue thaqt was not providing a lot of top marks in most disciplines.

Comment

So do we have any definitive word on his plans for the WC? (as in, whether or not he's going to go)

Comment

He is competing in the Swedish championships on monday.
        The result there will likely decide.

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
          He is competing in the Swedish championships on monday.
          The result there will likely decide.
          Talking to Yannick on Thursday I got the impression it was less likely that he would compete in Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            So do we have any definitive word on his plans for the WC? (as in, whether or not he's going to go)
            After today's NC's in Malmö, Olsson has decided to forego competing at the World Champs. He got in a clean jump during the first round (16.72m), intentionally fouled the second and couldn't get in a third due to rain.

Comment

That's a shame. Judging by his past 24 months, will Olsson ever get another chance to go into a global champs with a 17.24m behind him and in form to mount an outside challenge for a medal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                That's a shame. Judging by his past 24 months, will Olsson ever get another chance to go into a global champs with a 17.24m behind him and in form to mount an outside challenge for a medal?
                We can always hope but I am beginning to doubt it. Will he even compete more this year?

Comment

Considering the careers of e.g. Edwards and Saneyev, I suspect
                  that it is a question of whether he remains injury free and
                  motivated.

If not, what bothers me, as a fan, more than the missed
                  medal opportunities, is that he never got that pesky 18m.

Comment

Working...
                  X