• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by The Atheist
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by toyracer
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Powell will never lead off, even tho he can because i've seen it with my own eyes in 2005...HE WON'T!!!
    Just curious, what did you see in 2005 and where did you see it? I ask because Asafa was injured in 2005 and didn't go to the WC. Was it at Penn?
    Mt. Sac Relays, I ran second on another team against Frater.
    I didn't realize you ran in the Mt. Sac invitational 4x1, and I guess I can understand now why it annoys you when I disagree with you about stuff on 4x100 relay strategy. I appologize, I wasn't actually trying to piss you off, I just honestly think it seems a lot better to put Blake on 2nd leg than on lead-off leg.

Btw, is there a vid of that Mt. Sac race anywhere, cuz I looked up the results, and it looks like it was pretty packed. HSI team was in it, Jamaica, etc.
    Wow...atheist....because you didn't realize something, were you somehow suppose to know this and why would any of that even matter?....Wow
    Well he was acting like it mattered earlier, if you read earlier where he says I didn't run track so I don't know shit or something.

I'm just trying to calm him down so he doesn't have some big grudge against me.

I still think Blake belongs on 2nd leg, not lead-off.

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
      Rule 1: Definitely no Blake or Powell as starter

Rule 2: Unless you want to risk a baton disaster, keep powell away from leg 2 as well

In conclusion, powell must run anchor. That leaves bolt/blake/frater.

Bolt cannot be starter either, so that leaves leg 2 and 3 open for him. He can run leg 2 but that would change up the entire comfort built from the WR run, and handing off to Bolt/running fastest bend, etc. Blake's proven at the 2nd leg as seen in the relay we saw and his top end speed.

So finally frater must run 1st.

Frater - Blake - Bolt - Asafa is the definite best order
      I've seen Powell run lead off, we have all seen him run anchor. So how is it going to be a disaster if he runs second...if that is the route the Jamaica goes??? He can take the stick, as well as giving the stick...so how would it be a bad thing???

Two, I know this is a bad thing to use, but Ben Johnson lead off Canada's teams, so why couldn't Bolt??? Thats if the Jamaican coaches entertain the idea.

Everybody thats running well will look good running a straightaway leg. Blake could run any leg and Jamaica would run any slower. Thats how good they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by justblaze1011
        Originally posted by track_expert
        Rule 1: Definitely no Blake or Powell as starter

Rule 2: Unless you want to risk a baton disaster, keep powell away from leg 2 as well

In conclusion, powell must run anchor. That leaves bolt/blake/frater.

Bolt cannot be starter either, so that leaves leg 2 and 3 open for him. He can run leg 2 but that would change up the entire comfort built from the WR run, and handing off to Bolt/running fastest bend, etc. Blake's proven at the 2nd leg as seen in the relay we saw and his top end speed.

So finally frater must run 1st.

Frater - Blake - Bolt - Asafa is the definite best order
        I've seen Powell run lead off, we have all seen him run anchor. So how is it going to be a disaster if he runs second...if that is the route the Jamaica goes??? He can take the stick, as well as giving the stick...so how would it be a bad thing???

Two, I know this is a bad thing to use, but Ben Johnson lead off Canada's teams, so why couldn't Bolt??? Thats if the Jamaican coaches entertain the idea.

Everybody thats running well will look good running a straightaway leg. Blake could run any leg and Jamaica would run any slower. Thats how good they are.
        I think another problem with Bolt is the possibility of him switching the baton from one hand to the other again like he did in 2007. I think he is comfortable handling the baton in one particular hand instead of the other. Asafa's groin seem does not handle curves well IMO. Blake isnt the best curve runner of that am sure of plus they seem comfortable with the Blake-Bolt makeup.

Right now the best to me is:
        Frater-Blake-Bolt-Safa
        Providing everyone is 100% that seems to be utilizing them to the best of their ability.

Frater is a good starter. Blake seems to have excellent closing speed so he would be good with a running start. Bolt is the best curve runner we have. Safa is best left on a straight, is used to anchoring, will be in full flow with no one near or around him.

Comment

• So for the Americans, what's our best order NOW, based on Tysons injury and everybody else's recent performances?
          I'm starting to think that Tyson could be in even more jeopardy if he tries to run a curve with that groin. What of the idea of Tyson on 2nd??? He'd certainly negate the damage Blake would do, meanwhile not risk injuring himself. With Rodgers on lead-off, it would at least look respectable by the time Bolt catches up to Crawford on 3rd. Then anchor with Patton. Jamaica still wins, but it might keep Gay from pulling up during the race trying to dual with Bolt.
          Thoughts???

Comment

• Originally posted by scratchman
            So for the Americans, what's our best order NOW, based on Tysons injury and everybody else's recent performances?
            I'm starting to think that Tyson could be in even more jeopardy if he tries to run a curve with that groin. What of the idea of Tyson on 2nd??? He'd certainly negate the damage Blake would do, meanwhile not risk injuring himself. With Rodgers on lead-off, it would at least look respectable by the time Bolt catches up to Crawford on 3rd. Then anchor with Patton. Jamaica still wins, but it might keep Gay from pulling up during the race trying to dual with Bolt.
            Thoughts???
            All I say is that I don't think you guys should put Gay on the bend.

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk
              Originally posted by scratchman
              So for the Americans, what's our best order NOW, based on Tysons injury and everybody else's recent performances?
              Thoughts???
              All I say is that I don't think you guys should put Gay on the bend.
              If only we had Walter Dix 100%. :cry:
              His top end wuda given Blake fits.
              Then it wuda been a showdown on 3rd btw Bolt/Gay.

Comment

All I say is that I don't think you guys should put Gay on the bend
                I'm not so sure about Dix giving Blake fits. Dix, if he was healthy and running at his best, do you think he would be better than Blake is right now? I'm inclined to say that Blake is on track to run sub 9.90. At best I'd say it is a wash. I honeslty think Blake would close the gap (I'm assuming Frater is leading off and USA has the lead at that point).

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                  Originally posted by scratchman
                  All I say is that I don't think you guys should put Gay on the bend
                  I'm not so sure about Dix giving Blake fits. Dix, if he was healthy and running at his best, do you think he would be better than Blake is right now? I'm inclined to say that Blake is on track to run sub 9.90. At best I'd say it is a wash. I honeslty think Blake would close the gap (I'm assuming Frater is leading off and USA has the lead at that point).
                  Absolutely!
                  Dix was on the verge of a major breahthrough in his career. He almost sub 9.9'd last year, and did 19.69 in the 200. This woulda been his year. So yeah, I think it wuda been quite different had he been healthy (and undistracted) this year. Our chances wuda been great. I go back to Penn. He beasted!!! Dix was our Trump card. Gay was a given. And who knew Rodgers was gonna turn out so good this year. But I think he may have peaked already. He had a full indoor season, then went right into outdoor. Most guys dont even bother with indoor anymore.
                  Woulda been sweet!

Comment

Thoughts???
                    I think, given that Dix looked way too injured at trials to be ready in time for Berlin, I would go with:

1st leg: Shawn Crawford

2nd leg: Tyson Gay

3rd leg: Doc Patton

Anchor: Wallace Spearmon

Comment

• Glen Mills has done exceptionally well to coach a group of 10.03, 10.11, 10.25 and 10.39 to running 37.46 in the space of a little over a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota
                        Glen Mills has done exceptionally well to coach a group of 10.03, 10.11, 10.25 and 10.39 to running 37.46 in the space of a little over a year.
                        If he is so brilliant why did put the four in that order in London. Mosty of us agree that Blake should be on the second leg and most agree that Powell can't run the 1st or 3rd leg so he should be the anchor. Leaving Bolt on the first or third. Third is where he ran in Beijing and where he should have run in London. There was the perfect opportunity for them to work on the 2nd-3rd leg exchange and Mills dropped the stick. He may have done some great things with the kids individually, but it appeared he wasn't thinking when he set the order this past weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                          Originally posted by dakota
                          Glen Mills has done exceptionally well to coach a group of 10.03, 10.11, 10.25 and 10.39 to running 37.46 in the space of a little over a year.
                          If he is so brilliant why did put the four in that order in London. Mosty of us agree that Blake should be on the second leg and most agree that Powell can't run the 1st or 3rd leg so he should be the anchor. Leaving Bolt on the first or third. Third is where he ran in Beijing and where he should have run in London. There was the perfect opportunity for them to work on the 2nd-3rd leg exchange and Mills dropped the stick. He may have done some great things with the kids individually, but it appeared he wasn't thinking when he set the order this past weekend.
                          Maybe he thought Bolt had a lower chance of getting injured running an all-out straight than running an all-out curve, so he was playing it cautious? Or maybe he was curious to see just how sick Bolt would burn up a straight given a flying start (I know I was curious, lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
                            Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                            Originally posted by dakota
                            Maybe he thought Bolt had a lower chance of getting injured running an all-out straight than running an all-out curve, so he was playing it cautious? Or maybe he was curious to see just how sick Bolt would burn up a straight given a flying start (I know I was curious, lol).
                            Yeah.
                            I think they were curious to see what Bolt looked like anchoring. I think thats contingent on whether or not Powell's ankle held up in the 100. If Bolt anchors, he's leading off. No question.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
                              I think, given that Dix looked way too injured at trials to be ready in time for Berlin, I would go with:

1st leg: Shawn Crawford

2nd leg: Tyson Gay

3rd leg: Doc Patton

Anchor: Wallace Spearmon
                              Any time I need some good entertainment I can always count on you.

Comment

• Just got word that there is good chance that Walter Dix will be in Berlin. They are taking him to the camp on the 5th. Lets wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X