Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guruof track
    by thrown together i think she means havent practice together. So the team lacked chemistry.
    Thank you... I don't know why when people decide the reply to a post, they think to single out the one thing that may go against their belief and answer that, instead of replying to the post as a whole...
    ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota
      Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
      yes that is a "thrown together" team, because it's obvious that even though the US team still came 2nd, that was by no means the best team they could have fielded,
      That's debatable.
      By whose standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
        by thrown together i think she means havent practice together. So the team lacked chemistry.
        Does the US championship team ever practise together? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
          I like how most people have just thrown Michael Frater under the bus for Yohan Blake, and even Steve Mullings...I've got to give credit where credit is due, and Yohan has been rounding out since trials, and he ran a hell of a leg on Saturday, but my question is, what if the US had fielded a team with let's say like the one at Penns, would Yohan's second leg look that impressive? Not taking anything away from the kid, but folks we really have to be honest that that US team that was thrown together was not nearly the best they could have given...My point is, when put with guys better, equalling, or a tad bit under his PR, would you still feel the same way about him being this great 2nd leg runner, and this great top end speed runner?

Michael has proven he has mettle, and can run on the big stage, but many of you are as fickle as the Roman crowd, especially some of you Jamaicans...I see no reason as to why Frater should not be on the relay team, hell he's proven he has the flexibility to run anywhere they put him, whether it's on the straight or the curve, that right there is experience and guarantee...
          I appreciate your unbiased opinion.
          And I totally agree that Frater should be there.
          Why is Mullings even being mentioned unless theyre suspending Blake? I fully expect Frater to lead off. What has he done NOT to be considered anymore? And I agree about Penn. The U.S. was sooooooooo far ahead in that race that Blake wouldnt have made a difference. Not even a dent. Walter Dix KILLED 1st leg :shock: . Never saw a lead off so incredibly dominant. I hear hes in camp too. If hes in the kinda shape to do what he did in April :shock: :shock: :shock: :arrow: look out! I'd be interested to know if hes ready. Im kinda worried Rodgers has peaked. And we already know Tyson's nursing a groin,so...
          ...Its a nice thought anyway.

Comment

• [quote=guruof track]
            Originally posted by dakota
            Originally posted by "Tammy_Baby":y14otbyx
            yes that is a "thrown together" team, because it's obvious that even though the US team still came 2nd, that was by no means the best team they could have fielded,
            That's debatable.
            By whose standards?[/quote:y14otbyx]
            He's crazy.
            Obviously a Tysonless relay is lacking. :roll:
            Not to mention, our top two 100m qualifiers werent there.
            Hes just being silly.

Comment

Thank you... I don't know why when people decide the reply to a post, they think to single out the one thing that may go against their belief and answer that, instead of replying to the post as a whole...
              You're about the fifth person I've seen describe that team as "thrown together" so I was by no means singling you out and you'll note I didn't quote the post in question and that's why.

I agree Michael Frater should have seniority at this stage having run under ten seconds in an Olympic final last year and playing his part in the 4x1 world record. With Nesta Carter injured Yohan Blake looks like a handy addition to the squad though and they just have to figure out horses for courses. Steve Mullings is another useful guy to have around but I agree he's done nothing to merit first choice selection given the abundance of riches Jamaica has right now. But maybe he's next in line if Blake is ruled ineligible by the alphabet soup in the coming days, be it on a technicality or otherwise. America's best hope is if Asafa Powell really is out of sorts but he ran 9.88 a week or so ago so that's a bit of a long shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by scratchman
                He's crazy.
                Obviously a Tysonless relay is lacking. :roll:
                Not to mention, our top two 100m qualifiers werent there.
                Hes just being silly.
                I've noticed there's a clique of you in this thread who dismiss out of hand any opinion you don't like but you can't articulate why you're right about anything, just that you are. Sorry. It doesn't wash.

All of you talk about absent 100m qualifiers yet none of you want to put Rae Edwards on the team, even though he made the team and has shown good form in Europe. None of you want to put Ivory Williams on the team either, who has shown better form than Rodgers in recent weeks and is actually the second fastest American this year. I can understand reservations about Padgett, who hasn't shown much lately, and the utter state of denial about the injuries to Gay and Dix.

You just see and hear what you want to. You're the one being silly. And you can't explain why you think you're right either because you lack the substance to do that.

I'd say it's a wash between Crawford, Spearmon and Patton in a 4x1. Patton is the least accomplished of the three over his career.

Terrence Trammell should have been running 1st leg for the US relay squad for the last ten years. He keeps making teams and he keeps winning medals and he's demonstrated 10.04 and 6.45 speed in the past. That's enough. He's a championship performer. Look at what Anier Garcia, Tony Jarrett, Colin Jackson, Mark McCoy, Willie Gault, Ladji Doucoure, etc have done to help their national relay teams in the past.

Comment

• Bonus fact:

Trammell-Spearmon-Crawford ran together on a sub 38 last year with Mike Rodgers on anchor.

So there goes your thrown together argument.

Comment

That's debatable.
                    You're right it is debatable...My point is I say thrown together, because even though that was the team they used, I don't think much thought was put into who ran what leg, I see you have listed each person's credentials, and don't you think, given said credentials, that team could've been tweaked to be a bit more competitive?...Also, given the laundy list of sprinters the US has, I still think they could have produced a better team who could have been more even more competitive sans Tyson Gay... me saying thrown together doesn't mean it's a "bum" team, I can't speak for anyone else...

Also, are you honestly saying, that that was THE best team the US could have shown...

Comment

Bonus fact:

Trammell-Spearmon-Crawford ran together on a sub 38 last year with Mike Rodgers on anchor.

So there goes your thrown together argument.
                      hahaha...while denying "thrown together" you also just made the point for the US team, that that was "thrown together"...had that combo you used been run again this year, obviously they would have been waaay more competitive... :lol: :lol: :lol: Lighten up, it's not that serious :wink:

Comment

lol: :lol: :lol: Lighten up, it's not that serious :wink:
                        It's a shame David Coleman never got to commentate on this US team winning gold. I bet they'd really know how to give and receive a baton.

Harden - Rodgers - Gay - Dix

Gives a new meaning to relay camp.

Comment

I like how most people have just thrown Michael Frater under the bus for Yohan Blake, and even Steve Mullings...I've got to give credit where credit is due, and Yohan has been rounding out since trials, and he ran a hell of a leg on Saturday, but my question is, what if the US had fielded a team with let's say like the one at Penns, would Yohan's second leg look that impressive? Not taking anything away from the kid, but folks we really have to be honest that that US team that was thrown together was not nearly the best they could have given...My point is, when put with guys better, equalling, or a tad bit under his PR, would you still feel the same way about him being this great 2nd leg runner, and this great top end speed runner?

Michael has proven he has mettle, and can run on the big stage, but many of you are as fickle as the Roman crowd, especially some of you Jamaicans...I see no reason as to why Frater should not be on the relay team, hell he's proven he has the flexibility to run anywhere they put him, whether it's on the straight or the curve, that right there is experience and guarantee...
                          THANK YOU !!!!

Comment

All of you talk about absent 100m qualifiers yet none of you want to put Rae Edwards on the team, even though he made the team and has shown good form in Europe.
                            Really? He's run one race in London and didn't even make the final:
                            Heat 2 Wind: -2.9
                            1 Daniel Bailey ANT 10.26 Q 0.168
                            2 Usain Bolt JAM 10.31 Q 0.205
                            3 Simeon Williamson GBR 10.33 Q 0.133
                            4 Craig Pickering GBR 10.47 q 0.203
                            5 Harry Aikines-Aryeetey GBR 10.50 0.172
                            6 Rae Edwards USA 10.55 0.220
                            7 Aaron Armstrong TRI 10.97 0.165
                            Tyrone Edgar GBR DQ
                            None of you want to put Ivory Williams on the team either, who has shown better form than Rodgers in recent weeks and is actually the second fastest American this year.
                            In Lee Corso fashion...not so fast my friend...from a previous thread:
                            Originally posted by texas_speed
                            Jelks and Ivory Williams are also in the open 100 so they could be on one of the London relays as well (I personally wanna see Ivory get a shot on one of them).
                            I'd say it's a wash between Crawford, Spearmon and Patton in a 4x1. Patton is the least accomplished of the three over his career.
                            While I agree on career I don't think that a lifetime achievement award necessarily automatically gives one person an edge over the others in 2009. Perhaps that's where the "it's a wash" comes into play.

Terrence Trammell should have been running 1st leg for the US relay squad for the last ten years.
                            It's difficult to say what one SHOULD be doing. Part of that time (past 10 years) included Drummond and I don't see Trammell replacing him. It may also just have been a matter of the relays not fitting Trammell schedule. Under the old system of all the relay meets, maybe it was Trammell's choice not run in some of the meets and ultimately not be on final relays at major championships.

Comment

• Uh hold on....Trammell was a victim of politics, thats why he never ran after coahces in fact told him that he would.

Comment

• Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                I like how most people have just thrown Michael Frater under the bus for Yohan Blake, and even Steve Mullings.....
                                THANK YOU !!!!
                                I third the motion.
                                Regards,
                                toyracer

Comment

Working...
                                X