• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Originally posted by Gordon18
    Originally posted by westcoasttiger
    I will say a US line-up potentially could run 37.25 so if Jamaica isn't pretty good on their stick passing, Bolt or no Bolt they could be upset.
    lol
    Yea. Another joke I heard today as well.
    Of course they can lose, only thing certain in life.....God...taxes and death
    no i'm not laughing at the fact he said there can be an upset, just the fact he said 37.25, i mean i just don't see it happening, i don't see a sub 37.50 from the americans

Comment

[quote=texas_speed]
      Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
      Originally posted by "texas_speed":2toch4n1
      Originally posted by gh

This is beyond ridiculous. NOTHING has changed.

No Tyson. No Rodgers. No Padgett. No Patton. SMH.
      I stated earlier in this thread that Mike was back in Texas already, surprised you didn't know that TS. I really didn't expect Tyson to run a relay after not having trained in a couple weeks, it would be hard to do hand-offs without any practice. Also someone said Doc was in Spain I believe? Can someone tell me if Stockholm is the other meet with the relay running? I could look it up.. But I'm a little lazy.
      I knew Mike is in Texas.

I could understand not running Tyson...fine.

Yes Doc is Barcelona.

But my issue is the stance USATF took to scrap the relay program for THIS. The athletes were supposed to have signed a agreement and turned it in by July 10th that they'd run in London AND Cottubus. But they left a loophole where a waiver could be used to avoid running.

My point is they NEED to stand by their word and yet again they don't. IMO its being run poorly and Logan is taking bad advice on these things. Its embarassing.

I know Mike is in Texas but WHY?!?! Your national champ IS NOT running on a relay? Where's Padgett? We don't even have the "pool" there. Doc's situation is understandable because his agreement to run in Barcelona was in place long before Logan ever went to the agents and coaches about London/Cottubus.

History repeats itself and this not running who you're ACTUALLY going to run is a recipe for continued "failure."
      [/quote:2toch4n1]In my occupation, I do scheduling. It's not easy to get important people together, with various conflicts, but it can be done. Why USATF cannot get folks together for a relay session before World Champs, even with the circuit, is beyond me.

Another issue is the lack of a disciplinary policy. While every other sports league can fine and/or suspend it's athletes who show up late or no-show for practices and games, USATF has no power to punish its runners who even breach their agreement and not show up for relay camp.

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23
        USATF has no power to punish its runners who even breach their agreement and not show up for relay camp.

Sure they do - don't run them at the Worlds(or Olympics as the case may be)
        There are no strings on me

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcmtlPEbjs

video if no-one has posted it

Comment

I say 37.25 based on current year 100 times in comparison to what international teams, both US and others, have done historically over the past 20 years. My calculations actually show a touch faster but I am hedging a bit slower due to personal beliefs. This year's potential US relay has more speed than the 92 squad as a whole that set the old WR.

You doubters may laugh now but I have a feeling the US will pull one out of its rear come Berlin. Now this is all assuming Gay is able to race on the relay.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              Agree. I would rather have 4 motivated (and trainable) relayists than just the four fastest guys.

Comment

I guess that's the REAL problem though.

They never FORCED them into the agreement. They threw it at the athletes last minute IN EUGENE.

Many athletes already had their race schedules for Europe planned out so to make them deviate from that and/or training schedules is IRRESPONSIBLE on USATF's part.

This should have all (where and when they were running) been determined back in late April/early May. Then you wouldn't have these issues.

I earlier was asking why certain people weren't there but I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not blaming Mike, Tyson, Padgett, etc. They're acting in their best interest. But USATF is NOT doing what they said they'd do. And this is a continued theme. There's a ton of secrecy around the pool and nothing is transparent. Its an amateur organization run by volunteers and they (particularly Logan) are trying to pass it off as a professional organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  I would rather have 4 motivated (and trainable) relayists than just the four fastest guys.
                  Exactly. And more than likely those four guys will get to the line faster than the thrown-together stars.

Comment

With the inclussion of Marvin Anderson and practice,I wouldn't be surprise if the Racers TC race to a WORLD RECORD in the 4x1.

I think there was an attempt to do so today.

Comment

y'all aren't looking at this with the proper positive sense! There's no U.S. team that can beat the Jamaicans right now, but at least this one, even with this time, can win silver! They didn't drop the stick! A 38-second silver shines with the same brilliance as a 37-second one.

Comment

Racer's Track club the officially winner

They have reinstated the Racer's Track club as the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoasttiger
                          I say 37.25 based on current year 100 times in comparison to what international teams, both US and others, have done historically over the past 20 years. My calculations actually show a touch faster but I am hedging a bit slower due to personal beliefs. This year's potential US relay has more speed than the 92 squad as a whole that set the old WR.

You doubters may laugh now but I have a feeling the US will pull one out of its rear come Berlin. Now this is all assuming Gay is able to race on the relay.

in Athens you had the fastest team ever right? if they hadn't messed the changeovers up, what time would they have run?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Agree. I would rather have 4 motivated (and trainable) relayists than just the four fastest guys.
                            You guys don't seem to get it. Its not that they aren't motivated.

They're being SH*TTED on by USATF. Logan got into bed with Ian Stewart and tried to make them RUN FOR FREE in London. Then he had to backtrack but by that time Stewart already had him in his pocket....subsequently, the women's relay was paid a whopping $500 a piece for winning the relay. That's a slap in the face to a "pro" athlete. You're going to try to strong arm them last minute and make them run for $500 when they could either run elsewhere for appearance and REAL prize money or get some more needed training in? I think not.

And this is all because the athletes were informed IN EUGENE...at the end of June...that less than a month before they were "required" to be in London. Is it just me or has the date for London not been known for MONTHS...has it not been know that the 4x1 would be run there MONTHS in advance?

So if I'm the powers that be...hell if I'm Doug Logan....I let everyone know BEFORE THE SEASON kicks off that London will be an official event for the relayists and if they want to be on the relay they better be there. That happens and Doc is not in Barcelona right now. Mike isn't in Texas. So on and so forth. They have no problem running...hell they'd love to. But you can't treat professional athletes like amateurs and that's what USATF routinely does. Logan bit off way more than he can chew and has absolutely zero teeth behind anything he says.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                              So if I'm the powers that be...hell if I'm Doug Logan....I let everyone know BEFORE THE SEASON kicks off that London will be an official event for the relayists and if they want to be on the relay they better be there.

That makes sense, assuming London's schedule is set at that point. I also don't understand why they wait until after nationals to announce the relay schedule.

Comment

Re: Racer's Track club the officially winner

Originally posted by tammi6
                                They have reinstated the Racer's Track club as the winner.
                                Yes, that was first noted on page 2 of this thread, about 45 minutes ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X