Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you see the title of the thread? and did you read the people i listed, none of who ran the 400 H? that might give you a clue of what event we are talking about here, smart ass.

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
      i'm just wondering, the jamaicans have had for years now some of the top female hurdlers, but they never seem to be able to break trhough. has any of the jamaicans even medalled at the olympics or WC? i mean, they've got all this talent going back to freeman, rose, , etc. (and currently active ) dixon, golding, ennis-london.
      Ennis-London has medalled in the last 2 WCs - off the top of my head, I think she's the only 'current' one that has

Comment

Brigette Foster has World Silver and Bronze

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
          did you see the title of the thread? and did you read the people i listed, none of who ran the 400 H? that might give you a clue of what event we are talking about here, smart ass.
          You made an overbroad statement and did not address the obvious question as t why this might not be the case. Specifically, Jamaicans have been more successful in the short sprints and yet more successful in the long hurdles? To me that comparison is the more general and more interesting question?

Comment

The women's 100mH is always a crap spoot-any one of about 6-8 athletes can win on any given day.

That said I feel McLellan has got to be the favourite for Berlin.

Comment

Lifetime, McLelland and Harper have met 7 times. Last year Harper beat her 3-2; this year they're 1-1 for a 4-3 Harper "edge" overall.

Harper's 5 fastest this year
              12.36w

McLellan this year

So I have to stick w/ Harper as having a slight edge, simply because McLellan pretty much has to raise her game another level and Harper does not.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                The women's 100mH is always a crap spoot-any one of about 6-8 athletes can win on any given day.

Hahaha...let me describe what is so funny about this post, all of it. But in particular the has got to be the favorite. How do you derive to that conclusion, based upon your crap spoot comment?
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

Hahaha...let me describe what is so funny about this post, all of it. But in particular the has got to be the favorite. How do you derive to that conclusion, based upon your crap spoot comment?
                  Apart from the fact she beat Cherry in Sotteville and won in Rome and London :roll:
                  http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst

Apart from the fact she beat Cherry in Sotteville and won in Rome and London :roll:
                    Let me get this straight....how do you know, that's how that was concluded? You didn't make the comments :shock:
                    on the road

Comment

Hoping perdita medals in berlin

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
                        Hoping perdita medals in berlin
                        I was just going to mention Perdita. She has really been coming on strong lately, and I think she has a shot at a medal. Harper seems to me to be the favourite, at this point.
                        As for the word "crap spoot", that's what happens when someone who is "oot and aboot" tries to say crap shoot.... :wink:

Comment

Perdita will medal! Going back to my earlier comment, she like's rounds. Aside from that, she is a d*** tough competitor.

P.S.
                          Monaco, your loss

Comment

Well we all make picks that are really just crap shoots- with some notable exceptions of course.

I think McLellan is the "favourite" if there can be one in this event because she has been winning the last few races-she seems to have the momentum.

I wouldn't bet the house on her or anyone in the women's hurdles...men's 100 and 200 yeah I just might be willing to put my rickety old place up for grabs.

Of course I want both Perdy and Priscilla to medal-they have not been consistent enough for me to pick either one for gold but I would love that to happen!

Comment

As much as I want Sally to win, I think Dawn probably has the edge.
                              Sally is still so young and will not peak for at least a few years However I have never met anyone with as much determination as Sal. I think it will be Dawn and Sally 1st and 2nd (either way) with Perdita 3rd.

Comment

for me, i'd like to see powell finally get a medal.

Comment

Working...
                                X