Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been saying since that 12.74 in a -1.3 back in March that Sally is going to be the one to beat come Berlin... I still stand by this belief.

As hard as the hurdles are to predict (especially on the women side) I am gonna stick to my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
      I been saying since that 12.74 in a -1.3 back in March that Sally is going to be the one to beat come Berlin... I still stand by this belief.

As hard as the hurdles are to predict (especially on the women side) I am gonna stick to my prediction.
      Sally has beaten Harper once this season at Lausanne. I'm not going to make excuses for Haprer, because a loss is a loss. But when you look at ALL the circumstances, its hard to say Harper isnt the favorite. Harpers last race she got out terrible and mowed the WHOLE field down by hurdle 6.

I dont think we will see Harper with a start that bad again either.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
        Originally posted by "t_monk":383yix3i

Sally has beaten Harper once this season at Lausanne. I'm not going to make excuses for Haprer, because a loss is a loss. But when you look at ALL the circumstances, its hard to say Harper isnt the favorite. Harpers last race she got out terrible and mowed the WHOLE field down by hurdle 6.

I dont think we will see Harper with a start that bad again either.[/quote:383yix3i]

On top of that, Dawn winning the Olympics, was a great confidence builder and that's an understatement. Best believe that's big, Sally doesn't have that on her side
        on the road

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst]
          Originally posted by guruof track
          Originally posted by "t_monk":87mv9il1

On top of that, Dawn winning the Olympics, was a great confidence builder and that's an understatement. Best believe that's big, Sally doesn't have that on her side[/quote:87mv9il1]

Sally got a medal too, an unexpected one at that, she definitely has the confidence too.... don't sleep on that. Sally can definitely upset, and I wouldn't be anywhere near surprised if she does.

Comment

[quote=t_monk][quote=Speedfirst]
            Originally posted by "guruof track":pz1f76rx
            Originally posted by "t_monk":pz1f76rx

On top of that, Dawn winning the Olympics, was a great confidence builder and that's an understatement. Best believe that's big, Sally doesn't have that on her side[/quotez1f76rx]

Sally got a medal too, an unexpected one at that, she definitely has the confidence too.... don't sleep on that. Sally can definitely upset, and I wouldn't be anywhere near surprised if she does.[/quotez1f76rx]

Being the Olympic champ and finishing 2nd, which as we know would have been 3rd, not the same thing. Not sleeping on her, more like going with Dawn, one has nothing to do with the other.
            on the road

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst][quote=t_monk]
              Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by "guruof track":hb9snhsw
              Originally posted by "t_monk":hb9snhsw

On top of that, Dawn winning the Olympics, was a great confidence builder and that's an understatement. Best believe that's big, Sally doesn't have that on her side
              Sally got a medal too, an unexpected one at that, she definitely has the confidence too.... don't sleep on that. Sally can definitely upset, and I wouldn't be anywhere near surprised if she does.[/quote:hb9snhsw]

Being the Olympic champ and finishing 2nd, which as we know would have been 3rd, not the same thing. Not sleeping on her, more like going with Dawn, one has nothing to do with the other.[/quote:hb9snhsw]

Its completely logical you going with Harper. And I admit Harper is the favorite coming off the season she had. I still like Sally's chances (it's a mere preference) and seeing that the hurdles is such an unpredictable event and the women's hurdles being so close, its almost clearly understandable why Sally seems to have a great chance to get gold. Favorites tend to disappoint alot when it comes to the 100m hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk

Sally got a medal too, an unexpected one at that, she definitely has the confidence too.... don't sleep on that. Sally can definitely upset, and I wouldn't be anywhere near surprised if she does.
                I don't think Dawn was expected to medal either, and a bronze AT best. I understand what your saying about Sally, but I think Harper would have to LOSE the race much like Lolo did at the Olympics.

If Sally flat out beat Harper in a 'clean' race, i'd be floored.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                  Originally posted by "t_monk":3itnfr9c

I don't think Dawn was expected to medal either, and a bronze AT best. I understand what your saying about Sally, but I think Harper would have to LOSE the race much like Lolo did at the Olympics.

If Sally flat out beat Harper in a 'clean' race, i'd be floored.[/quote:3itnfr9c]

I think thats a rather big statement, I don't think Harper is THAT dominant.

I can see any of 6 women winning now with no surprise.

Harper. Lopes. Sally. Cherry. Felicion. Perry

Throw in two or so Jamaicans and it gets even closer!

Comment

Harper has lost one race since the Olympics. If that's not dominant then what is?

Mind you the race she lost she had just started heavy training again and wasn't in Europe for more than 10 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                      Harper has lost one race since the Olympics. If that's not dominant then what is?

Mind you the race she lost she had just started heavy training again and wasn't in Europe for more than 10 hours.

Looks pretty dominant to me and one I would certainly considered THE favorite.
                      on the road

Comment

Harper has lost one race since the Olympics, If that's not dominant then what is?
                        errrr....Sally has lost how many races since the Olympics???

Would that be ONE ???

... and just how many did Dawn win BEFORE the Beijing final ????

PS - to answer my own question - that would be 0/9 (inc heats)..

Comment

Working...
                        X