Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Yes, this 4-week edge the Russians gain over the American team, IMHO, is a crucial part of their be-ready-when-it-counts performances. For those Americans competing at the end of the WC, it will have been 8 weeks since Eugene. That's just way too long.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by tm71
    yeah the russians seem to run 49 400s, 156 800s, 357 1500s then most of them dont even make the finals in the worlds or olympics. i have noticed that too over the years. they seem to be more consistent in the field events though.
    One important distinction to be made with respect to this season is that the Russians have concluded their national championships two weeks before the world championships, which should allow for a greater probability of holding form than the alternative of peaking four weeks earlier on their previous schedule.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71
    yeah the russians seem to run 49 400s, 156 800s, 357 1500s then most of them dont even make the finals in the worlds or olympics. i have noticed that too over the years. they seem to be more consistent in the field events though.
    The 1500m runners have always done well at champs in recent seasons and the Russians had two Olympic finalists in 2004, three in 2008 and two world finalists in 2005. It's just the 800m who always bomb out. I wouldn't write off the Ruskies just yet and Krivoshapka won the European Indoors so she has the experience of running and getting through rounds.

Leave a comment:

• poodabear
    replied
    Originally posted by lapsus
    Originally posted by poodabear
    ok, I'm sorry. I was wrong on that I thought it was a positive, although getting caught for urine swapping does lead one to believe that. But wasn't there a Russian female athlete caught at the Olympics. The long/triple jumper. Or was she from another country? Perhaps i was getting mixed up with her. I stand corrected and apologize for my error.
    Oh come on! Now you are just trolling :evil: :x

No, there are no squeaky-voiced Russian long/triple jumpers on the doping list. There are plenty of real Russian doping cases, no need to invent new ones.
    Don't know what you mean by me trolling. I apologized for my mistake, what more do you want. :evil: :roll: :evil:

Leave a comment:

• poodabear
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Originally posted by gh
    This happened last year. A large group of Russia ladies ran out of their minds at their championships only to test positive right before and during the Olympics. I would take anything they did at their championships with a grain a salt. Let's see what they do when they come up against the world and the IAAF/WADA drug enforcers.
    That is wrong on so many counts.... only one of the Russian women who ran "out of her mind" at the Russian championships was among the group that got suspended. That was Soboleva.

And they didn't test positive before/during the games. Indeed, they never tested positive. The ban was for urine-sample switching back in '07.
    ok, I'm sorry. I was wrong on that I thought it was a positive, although getting caught for urine swapping does lead one to believe that. But wasn't there a Russian female athlete caught at the Olympics. The long/triple jumper. Or was she from another country? Perhaps i was getting mixed up with her. I stand corrected and apologize for my error.
    Blonska from Ukraine :roll:
    Thanks for the correction. I again apologize for my mistake.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by guruof track
    The Russian women ALWAYS run fast at their Championship, when they run fast elsewhere I'll take notice.
    Which Russian 400 meter runners failed to produce internationally in recent years?
    Well in Osaka and Beijing, they didn't medal.
    They all had PRs in the Beijing final. Can't produce much more than that. :wink:
    Sure you can, get on the podium :wink:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    stop confusing him with real facts!

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    The Russian women ALWAYS run fast at their Championship, when they run fast elsewhere I'll take notice.
    Which Russian 400 meter runners failed to produce internationally in recent years?
    They all had PRs in the Beijing final. Can't produce much more than that. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Seeksreal
    Another thread derailing... This seems to have become much more common around here lately. What is up with that?
    This is an interesting question you have posed. Every once in a while there comes along a group of people, who, while waiting outside of bulletin boards in single file, are relatively innoculous and great pussycats --- you'd find them unobjectionable as individuals.

However, collectively, when the party at one location closes and the gates at the next one open, they rush in like madmen, resulting in what you've got on your hands here.

Using a little elbow grease, I've been able to discover that there have been dress rehearsals here in the past with main characters who went by the names of eddie, paulie, Coach Barnet, xcfan, Rob and Satch, but the script has not been re-written to delete these scenes.

So, undeterred by this reality, the show will go on with the substitution of old characters with new ones, and the plot will always remain the same.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seeksreal
    replied
    Another thread derailing... This seems to have become much more common around here lately. What is up with that? Can't we keep the discussions about the sport and stay away from personal attacks? We all have different opinions about things, but nobody has a monopoly on the truth. When speculating about future or potential results of a particular athlete, can you do that without trashing someone else's speculation or thought? The maturity level is sinking to toddler sandbox politics and I think the majority of the people around here would prefer to not have to read such posts.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    This happened last year. A large group of Russia ladies ran out of their minds at their championships only to test positive right before and during the Olympics. I would take anything they did at their championships with a grain a salt. Let's see what they do when they come up against the world and the IAAF/WADA drug enforcers.
    That is wrong on so many counts.... only one of the Russian women who ran "out of her mind" at the Russian championships was among the group that got suspended. That was Soboleva.

And they didn't test positive before/during the games. Indeed, they never tested positive. The ban was for urine-sample switching back in '07.
    Blonska from Ukraine :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    What makes it official, let me see if I get this...because T&F_ LA....who is obviously a Sanya hater, say's so :? :shock:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X