X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&F_LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    On paper, now I have heard of paper champions before, but as you should be aware from this thread with respect to my remarks, I don't go by paper results and by the way we are talking about the 4x400. What team this year has put up a faster time than the U.S. on paper?
    Not going by paper results is ok. I said that no matter what I think the US will always be a strong contender for gold. That's one thing, but to totally disregard open times?

Don't take this personal, but why don't you better say you want your team to win no matter what without trying to support it with a fallacy? I'm talking about the 4x400 US WL.Now, that sure is disregardable, as it was run in early season, there has not been a high-keyed 4x400 competition in the year and the 3:23.08 result would be good for 6th place in Osaka. That's why predictions for 4x400 are normally based in open times -0.7 to 1.2 sec..

Leave a comment:

• ChuiTai
    replied
    Originally posted by DCSIGMA
    I haven't heard anyone say anything about Beard being on this relay team.
    Although juniors, she has some relative experience running beyond prime seasons. However, as many have stated, the hope is that training is going well. She certainly wouldn't be the first athlete to compete in an arena such as this without GP assurances or validation.

For those that are unfamiliar with her, I did see recently a video of her baton excursion at NCs either on vimeo or youtube. She certainly has the qualities to be effective in this event, if not this year, in future meets of this type.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by vip
    Maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but what ever happened to Monique Henderson? Is she hurt?

Also, given her brilliant youth and college career, was she supposed to be Sanya Richards?
    Monique took the year off I believe...not really sure why but hopefully she comes back next year.

If I'm not mistaken she has dealt with some injuries in her career.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by DCSIGMA
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    I can't think of a single credible person/newspaper/website that would suggest Jamaica has a shot to beat either USA or Russia in the women's 4x400. I see those two teams running away from the others.
    LOL, well its been mentioned by a few that JAM is gonna play spoiler in one of these threads this season...
    Either way never under estimate any opponent...
    They won't, but respectfully so, the recent talk was about the competition coming from Russia, in light of their national champs.

Leave a comment:

• DCSIGMA
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    I can't think of a single credible person/newspaper/website that would suggest Jamaica has a shot to beat either USA or Russia in the women's 4x400. I see those two teams running away from the others.
    LOL, well its been mentioned by a few that JAM is gonna play spoiler in one of these threads this season...
    Either way never under estimate any opponent...

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fourjz
    replied
    [quote=knite]
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Honeslty, this could be one of the most exciting events in Berlin.
    This is the second or third time I've seen this comment made (maybe it was you both times) and I just don't get it...

From a post of mine back on July 16th:

Originally posted by "texas_speed":1eidtvll
    Still convinced we show up when it counts like always.

Here's a 1st or 3rd leg for you IMO:

Originally posted by Jaymal
    Some notable results from the Southern Cal Grand Prix series on July 11th.

Women 400 Meter Dash
    ================================================== ==============
    Name Year Team Finals
    ================================================== ==============
    Section 1
    1 Lashinda Demus Unattached 51.40

2 Laloni Anderson Unattached 57.92
    And Demus' time in the 400h just reaffirmed that for me. Our 3rd leg (assuming its Demus) is stronger than last year IMO. I think we go handoff to Sanya in the lead and at WORST a very small defecit that she'll be able to surpass rather easily.
    Plus Demus is a RELAYIST, who IMO, at her best shape and with comp would be a candidate for a very low 49 to high 48, IMO. Heck she ran 49x in college I think once outdoors, but guess what...once INDOORS! :shock:[/quote:1eidtvll]

Lashinda split 50.4 in HS at the state meet.She's good for a 49 low to 48 high.I agree knite !

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DCSIGMA
    replied
    I haven't heard anyone say anything about Beard being on this relay team.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    [quote=T&F_LA]
    Originally posted by "T&F_LA":28rhru4j
    Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
    Yes, of course open times are facts. Isn't a -0.7 to -1.2 difference between open and relay split times well documented? Then in paper you can say the Russians should be considered at least slight favourites, for sure.

Besides, except for Richards and Felix, the other Americans are simply not at the same level. For instance, Hargrove was expected to win in London and Sanders beat her with a time way slower than Hargrove's PB and SB. As for Felix, despite her being a marvelous athltete, I would't expect faster than 49low this season. Some have said the thing is she hasn't still shown the best. Maybe, but if that's the case I think we'll see an important improvement in 200m, not in 400m

However, Americans have always been amazing in relays. IMO they're the most consistent teamand the toughest.The intense relay competition in HS has really paid off over the years. It wouldn't be the first time they're not favourites and still win.
    Who's favorite are you talking about? I'm not even gonna visit the open times discussion again. I'm sticking with MY favorite...team USA, if you don't mind.
    No one's favorite. Favorite in paper by times, not determined by me or you. If in the interest of supporting your personal favorite you want to disregard that info, that's ok, I respect your opinion, but I totally disagee.[/quote:28rhru4j]

On paper, now I have heard of paper champions before, but as you should be aware from this thread with respect to my remarks, I don't go by paper results and by the way we are talking about the 4x400. What team this year has put up a faster time than the U.S. on paper?

Leave a comment:

• T&F_LA
    replied
    Originally posted by T&F_LA
    Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
    Yes, of course open times are facts. Isn't a -0.7 to -1.2 difference between open and relay split times well documented? Then in paper you can say the Russians should be considered at least slight favourites, for sure.

Besides, except for Richards and Felix, the other Americans are simply not at the same level. For instance, Hargrove was expected to win in London and Sanders beat her with a time way slower than Hargrove's PB and SB. As for Felix, despite her being a marvelous athltete, I would't expect faster than 49low this season. Some have said the thing is she hasn't still shown the best. Maybe, but if that's the case I think we'll see an important improvement in 200m, not in 400m

However, Americans have always been amazing in relays. IMO they're the most consistent teamand the toughest.The intense relay competition in HS has really paid off over the years. It wouldn't be the first time they're not favourites and still win.
    Who's favorite are you talking about? I'm not even gonna visit the open times discussion again. I'm sticking with MY favorite...team USA, if you don't mind.
    No one's favorite. Favorite in paper by times, not determined by me or you. If in the interest of supporting your personal favorite you want to disregard that info, that's ok, I respect your opinion, but I totally disagee.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    ...... am signing off of this topic until WC ......

Am tired of explaining stuff.... lol .... yall are going to believe what you want to regardless. This is simply one of those 'agree to disagree' points where nothing will be proven until the facts come in.

**waits patiently**
    Don't go

This is all chalk board material...LOL
    LOL...but what was explained...?

I mean, I'll give Russia as giving the US a go at the title, but anyone else who does not have at least 4 solid legs, won't be in it....

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk

Am tired of explaining stuff.... lol .... yall are going to believe what you want to regardless. This is simply one of those 'agree to disagree' points where nothing will be proven until the facts come in.

**waits patiently**
    Don't go

This is all chalk board material...LOL

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

**waits patiently**

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Blow out the candles, break the bulb, shut off the power, and snuff the fuse.

Indeed the lights are growing dim. 8-)

And as was mentioned, Demus is a premier relayist who becomes an assassin with a stick in her hand. :shock:

While running for SoCar she made this Texas fan sweat on more than one occasion.

We're on the same team now, Shinda.
    And the mroe and more I think about it...Having Richards, Felix, Demus and Dunn/Hastings....is very compelling!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X