Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Blow out the candles, break the bulb, shut off the power, and snuff the fuse.

Indeed the lights are growing dim. 8-)

And as was mentioned, Demus is a premier relayist who becomes an assassin with a stick in her hand. :shock:

While running for SoCar she made this Texas fan sweat on more than one occasion.

We're on the same team now, Shinda.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by knite
    It doesn't matter people.....the U.S. is running for silver in Berlin :shock:

Hahahahahha...yeah u know, we are huge underdogs...matter of fact, JA is gonna beat us too!
    Knite there is something behind JA..

"It is going to be very difficult, however, as with the Russians showing great form with three weeks to go they could be the team to give Jamaica much more to think about."

"Despite their brilliant record, the United States are not unbeatable in this event and Jamaica definitely have a glorious chance to stop their winning streak, as Shericka Williams and Novlene Williams-Mills are looking in impeccable form this year"

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts3.html

Let me retract my silver statement, U.S. might not make the podium :shock: ops: :shock:
    What's funny is, the US and Russia was in another league last yr in Beijing. Adding a faster leg in what will either be Hastings or Demus, if not both!

If that's the case, LIGHTS OUT!

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by knite

Hahahahahha...yeah u know, we are huge underdogs...matter of fact, JA is gonna beat us too!
    Knite there is something behind JA..

"It is going to be very difficult, however, as with the Russians showing great form with three weeks to go they could be the team to give Jamaica much more to think about."

"Despite their brilliant record, the United States are not unbeatable in this event and Jamaica definitely have a glorious chance to stop their winning streak, as Shericka Williams and Novlene Williams-Mills are looking in impeccable form this year"

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/ ... orts3.html

Let me retract my silver statement, U.S. might not make the podium :shock: ops: :shock:

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    She ran 50 relay split in HS (many folks clocked her at 49 in that race)

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Yep...from another thread...

Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by skiboo
    What is Demus' best relay split and where and when did she run it?
    49.38 in the 2006 World Cup

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    [quote=texas_speed]
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Honeslty, this could be one of the most exciting events in Berlin.
    This is the second or third time I've seen this comment made (maybe it was you both times) and I just don't get it...

From a post of mine back on July 16th:

Originally posted by "texas_speed":1qkj7dxv
    Still convinced we show up when it counts like always.

Here's a 1st or 3rd leg for you IMO:

Originally posted by Jaymal
    Some notable results from the Southern Cal Grand Prix series on July 11th.

Women 400 Meter Dash
    ================================================== ==============
    Name Year Team Finals
    Section 1
    1 Lashinda Demus Unattached 51.40

2 Laloni Anderson Unattached 57.92
    And Demus' time in the 400h just reaffirmed that for me. Our 3rd leg (assuming its Demus) is stronger than last year IMO. I think we go handoff to Sanya in the lead and at WORST a very small defecit that she'll be able to surpass rather easily.[/quote:1qkj7dxv]

Plus Demus is a RELAYIST, who IMO, at her best shape and with comp would be a candidate for a very low 49 to high 48, IMO. Heck she ran 49x in college I think once outdoors, but guess what...once INDOORS! :shock:

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Honeslty, this could be one of the most exciting events in Berlin.
    This is the second or third time I've seen this comment made (maybe it was you both times) and I just don't get it...

From a post of mine back on July 16th:

Originally posted by texas_speed
    Still convinced we show up when it counts like always.

Here's a 1st or 3rd leg for you IMO:

Originally posted by Jaymal
    Some notable results from the Southern Cal Grand Prix series on July 11th.

Women 400 Meter Dash
    Name Year Team Finals
    Section 1
    1 Lashinda Demus Unattached 51.40

2 Laloni Anderson Unattached 57.92
    And Demus' time in the 400h just reaffirmed that for me. Our 3rd leg (assuming its Demus) is stronger than last year IMO. I think we go handoff to Sanya in the lead and at WORST a very small defecit that she'll be able to surpass rather easily.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Let you tell it, beyond Sanya and Allyson, the cupboard is bare :shock:
    How much can be saved from a runaway 52.6 if the hurdles are removed from the track [remember that a runaway OG champ was left 12-15 meters up the track, seemingly in a different race]. Certainly quality wise, 52.6h is worth a 49 relay leg. That is certainly NOT a bare cupboard.
    I agree, I'd put Dunn to Felix to Demus to Richards, but would like Hastings to at 1st, though they wll not be able to replace an open qualifier w/the likes of someone who only finished 4th at Nationals. However, both hold more experience than Beard...but she is also capable, though we do not know how fit she is right now.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    How much can be saved from a runaway 52.6 if the hurdles are removed from the track [remember that a runaway OG champ was left 12-15 meters up the track, seemingly in a different race]. Certainly quality wise, 52.6h is worth a 49 relay leg. That is certainly NOT a bare cupboard.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    I know I've spent a lot of time talking about the women 4x100m. But the 4x400m is shaping up to be a very exciting race. The Russian women appear to be in great form and they could give the US team fits. I even think the Russians will pull off the upset.

I assume Sanya and Felix would be in the 4x400 relay. Who else would run? Do the Russians have enough to beat the US?
    The USA will be fine, we'll have 2 slouches running the other 2 legs. :shock: :roll:
    Sloutches you say? Heck, it could be world record then.
    Hargrove and Hastings aren't bad. What would the order be?

Felix - Hastings - Hargrove - Sanya?

Hastings and Hargrove have to run close to the Russians to give Sanya a chance. Honeslty, this could be one of the most exciting events in Berlin.
    Allyson wasn't even "close" to whomever was in 1st in 2007, and she made sure that she handed off in 1st...And I will say it now, Demus or Hastings on that relay, its highly unlikely any team will be ahead of the US by Sanya's anchor leg!

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    I know I've spent a lot of time talking about the women 4x100m. But the 4x400m is shaping up to be a very exciting race. The Russian women appear to be in great form and they could give the US team fits. I even think the Russians will pull off the upset.

I assume Sanya and Felix would be in the 4x400 relay. Who else would run? Do the Russians have enough to beat the US?
    The USA will be fine, we'll have 2 slouches running the other 2 legs. :shock: :roll:
    Sloutches you say? Heck, it could be world record then.
    Hargrove and Hastings aren't bad. What would the order be?

Felix - Hastings - Hargrove - Sanya?

Hastings and Hargrove have to run close to the Russians to give Sanya a chance. Honeslty, this could be one of the most exciting events in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Alexm
    replied
    400m Women Int A
    WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70
    Gushchina, Yulia 83 RUS 50.01
    Hargrove, Monica 82 USA 50.39
    Hastings, Natasha 86 USA 49.84
    Krivoshapka, Antonina 87 RUS 49.29
    Lloyd, Shereefa 82 JAM 50.62
    Williams, Shericka 85 JAM 49.69
    Williams-Mills, Novlene 82 JAM 49.53
    Zaytseva, Olga 84 RUS 49.49

If all these women run, then it will be an interesting race. I don't think we should expect too much from the Russians considering their nationals will have been less than a week ago. For Gushina in particular, as she ran 3 x 400m races in 2 days and 3x 200m races over the next two days. That's a lot of running with good times - there were no easy rounds. She must be exhausted. I'm interested to see how Zaytseva runs over 400m. She had just one meet before the nationals, a 100/200 in a poor 11.6/23.6, and then ran her heats outside 23 secs, before pulling out a 22.82 final to make the team. In her 49.49 season she ran 22.67 over 200m so on this years form she may pull out a mid 50. Perhaps she is trying to get on the 4x4 team.

Edited to add: Wasn't Sanders due to run in Stockholm too?
    Edited again: she's in the B final! (how can Zaytseva, who's run no 400s this year, get in the A final and Sanders, world silver medalist who has run this year, get in the B final??)

Leave a comment:

• T&F_LA
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    400m Women Int A WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70
    Gushchina, Yulia 83 RUS 50.01
    Hargrove, Monica 82 USA 50.39
    Hastings, Natasha 86 USA 49.84
    Krivoshapka, Antonina 87 RUS 49.29
    Lloyd, Shereefa 82 JAM 50.62
    Williams, Shericka 85 JAM 49.69
    Williams-Mills, Novlene 82 JAM 49.53
    Zaytseva, Olga 84 RUS 49.49

This is the startlist for the 400 at the DN Gala...
    A number of questions will be answered here regarding the Russians
    SR was originally planing to run at this meet. We'll have to wait to Berlin to see her run against Krivoshapka

Leave a comment:

Working...
X