Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    put demus on that relay...

AND ITS OVAH!?!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Put it like this....its MUCH easier to chase with Allyson's ability, she is VERY WELL VERSED on being patient with her speed and in the 400m's. So I agree with the others that have no fear in Allyson being quite capable to hang with even the best of Russia's best.

That said, Hastings is running BETTER than last yr and she split faster than MoHen's 49split in Beijing. I would suspect that Hastings will run 49low, hands down. I'd trust her over any other lady right now not named Felix, Richards or Demus. Dunn will pop off with a 50low...she's been getting better and faster with each meet. Her coaches have really done well with her progression thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerome Marrow
    Allyson better hope she doesn't get embarrassed by some ole Russian girl.
    I don't see that happening, especially getting embarrassed, it will take a herculean leg for that to happen or a cramp or something by Allyson 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    ^^^

Please refer to TD's post about when Sanya get's the stick, lights out, it's over, fat lady singing, call it a day....I could go on, but you get it.

Leave a comment:

• Medal
    replied
    Its not unheard of her at all to split almost 2 seconds faster then her open time. Even in this year I wouldnt be surprised to see a split like that from her.. Russia next two legs out class the U.S. next two legs. Russia has two 50.2x vs usa's 50.6+50.8. I dont see USA's next two legs dropping some ridiculous split either.

Russia is looking DANGEROUS. And like some posters have mentoned, russia has been showing up in finals within the last few years...most noticeably on the beijing 4x4. Somone missing on the U.S. 4x4 is monique henderson, who i think along with felix is USA's best relayist. So thats going to hurt.

We know what split to expect from sanya, something close to her open tme...so high 48. And granted felix drops 48.5x, the race will come down to the other two legs. Some guese to how the race may pan out:

USA:

= 3:17.8

RSA

=3:18.0

Just some reasonable guesses of on paper splits show just 2 tenths seperate russia and the USA. Both capable of blistering times. It will be close. RSA just might pull this one out.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    You have used that excuse many a times when people claim that Felix is faster than Sanya... lol
    Its true that Sanya has always had the stick in the lead prior to Beijing.

Shes been anchoring for the US since 2003.

The thing is they're both as fast as they need to be in the 4x4.

And the reality is that for a relayist thats the most important trait.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    If we have Sanya (and Allyson) on the relay, we can put Ruben Studdard on first and third and still win. :lol:
    And that I would pay to see - Lord knows, there's enough of him to fill both legs :lol:
    You ever see Ruben's split on the 4x400? :shock: :P

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Like I said before... we'll get a 49 leg from Hastings who I predict will run 3rd.

Dunn or Hargrove will open.
    TD - no love for Demus?? I would have thought that 51.4 solo effort was an attempt to get on the team, no?
    AQctually I'd like to see Demus on there, jj.

But in the past it hasnt been done...not sure why.

If she is on there...

Its over before it begins. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    [quote=t_monk]
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by "t_monk":37utezkt

Not since she started running the 4x400 professionally. This has been here slowest season by far as it pertains to her 400m open times though, and let me not even comment on her 100m times...
    No please mention her 100m times.....I like to see the correlation between that and her relay split, cuz we are speaking about the 4x400 and not the 4x100r.

So which female is suppose to outrun Allyson in the 4x400?
    I mentioned her 100m here only to state that she doesn't look as fit as previous season, I could be very wrong and she is training through her meets, but anyone who says she looks like her 2007 or even 2008 form is seriously over reaching. She is clearly doing something differently that is affecting her form on the circuit and seeing that her form on circuit is all I can use for now, I am going to stick with my theory that she doesn't split anywhere near 48.x this season.

I never said she will be outrun, but she won't make that much of an impact than previous years although I do believe she CAN be outrun by two Russians in particular. If her leg is accompanied with Krivoshapka, I will take Krivoshapka and same with Kapachinskaya IMHO. I think she needs to be able to split a 48.mid though, and I quite frankly don't think she will.[/quote:37utezkt]

But don't forget, t....

Allyson is transformed when she competes from a standing rolling start on the fly.

That's the reason she's such a good relayist...in both the 4x1 and the 4x4.

What she does in the either the 100 or the 400 isnt enough of an indication alone to dictate what she'll do with the...

Stick.

If someone is in front of her when she gets the stick, she will run them down and pass them even if it takes a 48 flat to do it.

Watch.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Like I said before... we'll get a 49 leg from Hastings who I predict will run 3rd.

TD - no love for Demus?? I would have thought that 51.4 solo effort was an attempt to get on the team, no?

Leave a comment:

• duckedup
    replied
    [quote="TrackDaddy"]Like I said before... we'll get a 49 leg from Hastings who I predict will run 3rd.

But it don't really matter cuz we have Sanya and Allyson.

Hey knite you remember this...

If we have Sanya (and Allyson) on the relay, we can put Ruben Studdard on first and third and still win. :lol:[/quote]
    LMAO

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    If we have Sanya (and Allyson) on the relay, we can put Ruben Studdard on first and third and still win. :lol:
    And that I would pay to see - Lord knows, there's enough of him to fill both legs :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X