• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Monk, Berlin is coming soon, you can go with your clear favorite Russian team, knock yourself out, as for me and my household, USA baby.

Once again I'll take Allyson against ANY 2nd leg....ANY and of course Sanya, well the other 2 legs, I'll take my chance.

Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
    You're right, Speed.

Those open times don't mean jack.

Felix has split nearly TWO SECONDS faster than her best open time, while Sanya's PB is faster than her best split.

Stick.
    This is because she never really needed to run that fast, she always (except Beijing) get the baton so comfortably ahead she never needs to run that fast.

You have used that excuse many a times when people claim that Felix is faster than Sanya... lol

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Like I said before... we'll get a 49 leg from Hastings who I predict will run 3rd.

Dunn or Hargrove will open.

But it don't really matter cuz we have Sanya and Allyson.

Hey knite you remember this...

If we have Sanya (and Allyson) on the relay, we can put Ruben Studdard on first and third and still win. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    You, yourself even commented on the USA runners with sticks in their hands, so you even realize the difference, but then you state it's the same for everyone. Can you explain that or how you reconcile this? :wink:
    Happily! You said "you do know your split time is typically faster that your open time" - to which I pointed out ALL runners should expect to run quicker in the relay than they have in an individual (unless you're called TBO :wink: )

My point after - and I believe we and various others are singing from the same hymn book here - was that Americans tend to do that even more though. I believe it's through your education system that they garner this 'talent', for want of a better word, and is something I have been trying to push with my own relayists - I am perhaps as fanatical as yourself about those same events - just not as forceful in rebuking others...!

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk

Not since she started running the 4x400 professionally. This has been here slowest season by far as it pertains to her 400m open times though, and let me not even comment on her 100m times...
    No please mention her 100m times.....I like to see the correlation between that and her relay split, cuz we are speaking about the 4x400 and not the 4x100r.

So which female is suppose to outrun Allyson in the 4x400?
    I mentioned her 100m here only to state that she doesn't look as fit as previous season, I could be very wrong and she is training through her meets, but anyone who says she looks like her 2007 or even 2008 form is seriously over reaching. She is clearly doing something differently that is affecting her form on the circuit and seeing that her form on circuit is all I can use for now, I am going to stick with my theory that she doesn't split anywhere near 48.x this season.

I never said she will be outrun, but she won't make that much of an impact than previous years although I do believe she CAN be outrun by two Russians in particular. If her leg is accompanied with Krivoshapka, I will take Krivoshapka and same with Kapachinskaya IMHO. I think she needs to be able to split a 48.mid though, and I quite frankly don't think she will.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    [quote=jjimbojames]
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Originally posted by "t_monk":u190qzrr
    Russians should be considered as clear favorites in the 4x400 IMHO. They have 2 sub-49's and 2 low-50 runner this season. The US team has Sanya who looks excellent of course, Allyson (who doesn't look as good as seasons prior) and as for the other runners, they are clearly not as good as the other Russians. All the theorizing takes into consideration that Allyson will run a blistering leg a 48.x leg at that which I wouldn't really hold my breath for seeing that for the first season in two years she hasn't touched the sub-50 or even the low side of 50 in the open 400.
    Sub-49s!?!?!?! :wink:

Allyson ran 50.5 in May, and although not looking sparkling since, I'd still think she'll be at least close to a 48.x come August. And whilst your post does make sense, I'm always amazed at the difference having a baton in their hand makes to American quartermilers I would never count them out - they just become animals with a stick - and moreso when chasing. Think it will be close, which is good for the sport
    49.83 Allyson Felix USA 18/11/1985 1 Doha 09/05/2008

She ran 49.83 in May last year....
    That was my point :wink: - to which I go on to say she hasn't looked sparkling, BUT I could still see a 48.x[/quote:u190qzrr]

Folks need to remember that she held back her start to training this yr for a longer break. So while she didn't run 49.8 in May this yr, she ran 50.5 was still working her way back slowly. She will be quite fine come 3 weeks from now!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Monk, Berlin is coming soon, you can go with your clear favorite Russian team, knock yourself out, as for me and my household, USA baby.

Once again I'll take Allyson against ANY 2nd leg....ANY and of course Sanya, well the other 2 legs, I'll take my chance.

Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
    You're right, Speed.

Those open times don't mean jack.

Felix has split nearly TWO SECONDS faster than her best open time, while Sanya's PB is faster than her best split.

Stick.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    [quote=t_monk]
    Originally posted by "t_monk":x49z1i4v
    Russians should be considered as clear favorites in the 4x400 IMHO. They have 2 sub-49's and 2 low-50 runner this season. The US team has Sanya who looks excellent of course, Allyson (who doesn't look as good as seasons prior) and as for the other runners, they are clearly not as good as the other Russians. All the theorizing takes into consideration that Allyson will run a blistering leg a 48.x leg at that which I wouldn't really hold my breath for seeing that for the first season in two years she hasn't touched the sub-50 or even the low side of 50 in the open 400.

Allyson ran 50.5 in May, and although not looking sparkling since, I'd still think she'll be at least close to a 48.x come August. And whilst your post does make sense, I'm always amazed at the difference having a baton in their hand makes to American quartermilers I would never count them out - they just become animals with a stick - and moreso when chasing. Think it will be close, which is good for the sport

She ran 49.83 in May last year.... [/quote:x49z1i4v]
    That was my point :wink: - to which I go on to say she hasn't looked sparkling, BUT I could still see a 48.x

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Not since she started running the 4x400 professionally. This has been here slowest season by far as it pertains to her 400m open times though, and let me not even comment on her 100m times...
    No please mention her 100m times.....I like to see the correlation between that and her relay split, cuz we are speaking about the 4x400 and not the 4x100r.

So which female is suppose to outrun Allyson in the 4x400?

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    If somebody gets the stick in front of Sanya and is within 7 meters...

They better split low 48 or she will catch them and pass them.

Write that down.

The reason Sanya ran her fastest split in Beijing was because thats what was needed to win.

And she did it in spectacular fashion.

WC's will be no different.

Jokers have the lead going into anchor better be well into the curve with the lead when Sanya gets the stick or she will run...them...down.
    The thing is I don't disagree.... I think it's very possible.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    If somebody gets the stick in front of Sanya and is within 7 meters...

They better split low 48 or she will catch them and pass them.

Write that down.

The reason Sanya ran her fastest split in Beijing was because thats what was needed to win.

And she did it in spectacular fashion.

WC's will be no different.

Jokers have the lead going into anchor better be well into the curve with the lead when Sanya gets the stick or she will run...them...down.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

She ran 49.83 in May last year....

Originally posted by 26mi235
    When was the last time anyone really ran faster than AF on a 4x400?

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Folks gonna realize that when you have a country full of relayists, that its only gonna bring out the best!

i.e. Hastings, Demus, Richards, Felix, Hargrove, Dunn, Beard....they will get the job done!

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jerome Marrow
    replied
    Allyson better hope she doesn't get embarrassed by some ole Russian girl.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    When was the last time anyone really ran faster than AF on a 4x400?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X