as u guys always say
        I never say that :shock: :lol:
        on the road

Comment

• :lol: @ Speed
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
            Yes, of course open times are facts. Isn't a -0.7 to -1.2 difference between open and relay split times well documented? Then in paper you can say the Russians should be considered at least slight favourites, for sure.

Besides, except for Richards and Felix, the other Americans are simply not at the same level. For instance, Hargrove was expected to win in London and Sanders beat her with a time way slower than Hargrove's PB and SB. As for Felix, despite her being a marvelous athltete, I would't expect faster than 49low this season. Some have said the thing is she hasn't still shown the best. Maybe, but if that's the case I think we'll see an important improvement in 200m, not in 400m

However, Americans have always been amazing in relays. IMO they're the most consistent teamand the toughest.The intense relay competition in HS has really paid off over the years. It wouldn't be the first time they're not favourites and still win.

Comment

• Originally posted by T&F_LA
              Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Facts, you say, those again are open times, we'll see after the dust has settled, how those facts stand up 8-)
              Yes, of course open times are facts. Isn't a -0.7 to -1.2 difference between open and relay split times well documented? Then in paper you can say the Russians should be considered at least slight favourites, for sure.

Besides, except for Richards and Felix, the other Americans are simply not at the same level. For instance, Hargrove was expected to win in London and Sanders beat her with a time way slower than Hargrove's PB and SB. As for Felix, despite her being a marvelous athltete, I would't expect faster than 49low this season. Some have said the thing is she hasn't still shown the best. Maybe, but if that's the case I think we'll see an important improvement in 200m, not in 400m

However, Americans have always been amazing in relays. IMO they're the most consistent teamand the toughest.The intense relay competition in HS has really paid off over the years. It wouldn't be the first time they're not favourites and still win.
              Who's favorite are you talking about? I'm not even gonna visit the open times discussion again. I'm sticking with MY favorite...team USA, if you don't mind.
              on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by knite
                ...That said, Hastings is running BETTER than last yr and she split faster than MoHen's 49split in Beijing...
                Though this doesn't have anything to do with this year's drama, pela's stat sheet actually had Henderson splitting slightly faster in Beijing. However I understand the point and personally favor Hastings and Dunn over Hargrove.

Beard is a young relayist - both technically sound and not prone to making relay errors (re. 09NCo 4x4 heat). Though many will come back and say that junior international and collegiate experience won't merit this arena.

Demus' schedule is certainly more forgiving than prior majors. So short of a world record in the finals and lingering post race recovery setbacks she would be a very good option as well. Based on this year's work, she probably could exceed her carry of '06 which if memory serves went quite well.

It's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by knite
                  put demus on that relay...

AND ITS OVAH!?!?!?!?!
                  Aye. She ran a 50.4 split in HS. With 52.63 over hurdles in her back pocket, 49.x should be an easy stroll for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuiTai
                    Originally posted by knite
                    ...That said, Hastings is running BETTER than last yr and she split faster than MoHen's 49split in Beijing...
                    Though this doesn't have anything to do with this year's drama, pela's stat sheet actually had Henderson splitting slightly faster in Beijing. However I understand the point and personally favor Hastings and Dunn over Hargrove.

Beard is a young relayist - both technically sound and not prone to making relay errors (re. 09NCo 4x4 heat). Though many will come back and say that junior international and collegiate experience won't merit this arena.

Demus' schedule is certainly more forgiving than prior majors. So short of a world record in the finals and lingering post race recovery setbacks she would be a very good option as well. Based on this year's work, she probably could exceed her carry of '06 which if memory serves went quite well.

It's all good.
                    Thanks Chui. I actually thought Hastings had outsplit MoHen in Beijing too.

And I agree that Demus is the best choice for the finals as Hargrove and Co. can get us through the rounds.

Comment

• 400m Women Int A WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70
                      Gushchina, Yulia 83 RUS 50.01
                      Hargrove, Monica 82 USA 50.39
                      Hastings, Natasha 86 USA 49.84
                      Krivoshapka, Antonina 87 RUS 49.29
                      Lloyd, Shereefa 82 JAM 50.62
                      Williams, Shericka 85 JAM 49.69
                      Williams-Mills, Novlene 82 JAM 49.53
                      Zaytseva, Olga 84 RUS 49.49

This is the startlist for the 400 at the DN Gala...
                      A number of questions will be answered here regarding the Russians

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk
                        400m Women Int A WR: 47.60 SR: 49.70

What questions?
                        on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          Originally posted by t_monk

What questions?
                          If they can reproduce outside their national trials as most have said.

Comment

• [quote=t_monk]
                            Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            Originally posted by "t_monk":2gqhgmwu

What questions?
                            If they can reproduce outside their national trials as most have said.[/quote:2gqhgmwu]

Oh...but I was under the impression that it was also in the context of a major meet setting as well. Any more questions to be answered?
                            on the road

Comment

• You know...

Its one thing to run sub 50.

And another one altogether to do it...consistently.

Only a handful of women ever have and one has trumped them all.

It seems like most who do it dip down and hit it once or twice...and never see it again.

That said...49.2 is no joke and AK49 has to be taken seriously.

I'm sure Sanya will respond accordingly.

Comment

• Maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but what ever happened to Monique Henderson? Is she hurt?

Also, given her brilliant youth and college career, was she supposed to be Sanya Richards?

Comment

Working...
                                X