Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toomey American Record?

According to a recent USATF Press Release, Jen Toomey broke the American Record in the 1000 meters last weekend, and is planning on running the 1500 and 800 meters this weekend at the US Champs.

I guess I missed this American Record, can someone give me more details?

Re: Toomey American Record?

>According to a recent USATF Press Release, Jen Toomey broke the American Record
    >in the 1000 meters last weekend, and is planning on running the 1500 and 800
    >meters this weekend at the US Champs.

I guess I missed this American Record,
    >can someone give me more details?

Did you not hear?? It was the race in which Mutola fell. Kelly Holmes won it in a British record of 2:32.96 and Toomey was 2nd in 2:34.19 and Jo Fenn was 3rd in 2:34.73 (would have also been a National Record if it wasn't for Holmes!) Seltana Ait-Hammou also set a NR with 2:36.01 in 4th. It was a great race (with good pacing from Monique Hennagan) with most (if not all..?) of the athletes setting a PB.

Kelly's time was the fastest in the world for five years and she is now the number-2 performer of all time over the distance indoors (behind three of Mutola's runs). Toomey is now the number-4 performer with the 6 fastest performance of all-time indoors and Fenn is now the number-7 performer with the 10th fastest performance of all-time indoors.

Comment

Birmingham on the 20th (find whole meet in our results link):

20:24 - 1000 METRES Women - Final
      OFFICIAL RESULTS

Holmes Kelly
      GBR
      2:32.96 NR

2 134
      Toomey Jennifer
      USA
      2:34.19 NR

Fenn Jo
      GBR
      2:34.73 PB

Ait Hamou Sultana
      MAR
      2:36.01 NR

Dulecha Kutre
      ETH
      2:38.68

PB

Hennagan Monique
      USA
      DNF

Macharia Faith
      KEN
      DNF

Mutola Maria
      MOZ
      DNF

Comment

Actually I did not hear! I did read the thread on Birmingham Results and about all of the contact and falls, but this AR was not mentioned in the post that I can recall.

I did not actually look at the results so I did not know that Toomey now owns the 1k record.

Comment

I asked this once before , I know it's a long shot, but by any chance is she related ( daughter ? ) to Bill Toomey ?

Comment

think the response was that 'Toomey' is her name by marriage

Comment

>I asked this once before , I know it's a long shot, but by any chance is she related ( daughter ? ) to Bill Toomey ?<

And I thought I answered this before. It's almost as likely that she's related to Abraham Lincoln. (Toomey is her husband's name. Her maiden name, I believe, was Lincoln.) I verymuch doubt that she's related to either.

Comment

well, how about Merv Lincoln then, or Daniel Lincoln? (I'm out of Lincolns )

Comment

Working...
                X