Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotsa ruck these days finding any U.S. beef (other than very expensive custom brands) that isn't doped to the gills. You don't wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb

Oh, c'mon....humour is not constructive ? Whatever happened to "Laughter is the best Medicine"?
      Leaving aside the risk that a sensitive poster (and there are
      many of them here...) misconstrues the humour to be directed
      at him (instead of, in this case, a quirk of language), I tend to
      see humour as the icing of the cake, not a replacement for the
      cake---unless I deliberately am looking for entertainment.

Here no one is looking for information, but unfortunately no one
      is giving information. I am certain that he appreciates the more
      humourous posts; however, would he not be even more
      appreciatative (?) if he had the humour _and_ an answer?

Just my take on the issue.

Comment

I think gh answered for all of us. We don't know what pacesetters are paid.

Comment

If but wolves _talked_ to rabbits instead of eating them...

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
            If but wolves _talked_ to rabbits instead of eating them...
            I thought that was very constructive....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I'd say there's a dearth of "reasonable answers" because nobody who is posting here has any facts for you. I haven't the vaguest.
              I knew one guy "back in the day" who made about $50,000 each summer. An excellent rabbit.

He was also steroided to the gills because they don't test rabbits.

He'd go on the juice in the spring to be able to rabbit more frequently and thus earn more money. He'd go off the juice as soon as he returned home, then stay off until the spring when the whole cycle started all over again.

He said it was the best summer job anybody could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zat0pek
                Originally posted by gh
                I'd say there's a dearth of "reasonable answers" because nobody who is posting here has any facts for you. I haven't the vaguest.
                I knew one guy "back in the day" who made about $50,000 each summer. An excellent rabbit.

He'd go on the juice in the spring to be able to rabbit more frequently and thus earn more money. He'd go off the juice as soon as he returned home, then stay off until the spring when the whole cycle started all over again.

Aha, someone who actually knows stuff. :lol: That's hilarious Zatopek.

Comment

I have no information on what rabbits are making these days, which is why I chose to joke. I was in a group with Byers the day of his famous win whilst rabbiting at Oslo, and I know what he was paid, but I don't think that is for public consumption. I coached an athlete who paced several top International Miles/1500's, including at least a couple by Aouita. The going rate back then was somewhere in the $ 3000 to $ 5000 window, depending on how good a job the bunny did, how far he went in front, and whether the record was broken or not... But, that was only for the "really big boys" having a go at the World Record. Regular bunny money was much less than that.
                  As I noted, that was then, and is not current information.

Comment

I have a vague recollection of a William and Mary miler rabbiting a few indoor races one year. I doubt he got paid (over the table) because of NCAA rules, but the coach was supportive as it looked good to see a W&M singlet in the lead for a short time as the mile was almost alway televised.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Did you ask to see any proof of this alleged $50,000?
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        I didn't need any. The information is reliable.

He could earn that thanks to the 'roids. He'd rabbit a variety of distances and would run himself in the ground. He was a borderline talent but he worked hard and when you added the 'roids, he was able to perform frequently. And he was an excellent pacer.

Comment

I didn't need any.
                          But we/I do.
                          on the road

Comment

I didn't need any.
                            But we/I do.
                            Well, I don't have a picture of the inside of the safe in his basement from 20+ years ago, and I wouldn't post it even if I did, so I guess I can't help you there.

Comment

I didn't need any.
                              But we/I do.
                              Well, I don't have a picture of the inside of the safe in his basement from 20+ years ago, and I wouldn't post it even if I did, so I guess I can't help you there.
                              Okay then, I'm skeptical without proof, I'm from Missouri, Show me state.
                              on the road

Comment

Okay then, I'm skeptical without proof, I'm from Missouri, Show me state.
                                Okay. I'm just across the state line to the west.

I think plenty of folks here can vouch for the reliability of what I post.

You can bank on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X