Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCB don't look so smooth.... I hope she is just not race sharp....

Comment

Nice run from Fraser

Comment

What's amusing is that we all saw VCB run and felt she didn't look good. But, her time wasn't too bad.

Comment

Olympic champ beats World champ, round 1.
          Ferguson-McKenzie 10.97, at 33 years old, has not run this fast since '03.
          Aleen Bailey needs to be a bit quicker in her relay spot in Berlin.
          Regards,
          toyracer

Comment

Wasn't Jeter suppose to be in this race?

Comment

What's amusing is that we all saw VCB run and felt she didn't look good. But, her time wasn't too bad.
              That's an excellent point.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                SAF ran a very comfortable race and cruised to a victory. VCB had a horrible start and to be honest she didn't look so good. Debbie Ferguson 2nd 10.97 and VCB 3rd in 11.04. (0.0wind)
                Of note Aileen Bailey was 7th I believe in 11.24......

SAF looked good, from start to finish. VCB got a taste of what to expect down the line. Plus, she didn't look good to me either.

10.97 DF..this is why I pick her to be in the final than Kelly-Ann Baptiste.

Comment

Official Results - Women - 100 Metres - Wind : 0.0 m/s
                  Pos Athlete Nat Mark
                  1 Shelly-Ann Fraser [JAM] JAM 10.91
                  2 Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie [BAH] BAH 10.97
                  3 Veronica Campbell-Brown [JAM] JAM 11.03
                  4 Chandra Sturrup [BAH] BAH 11.13
                  5 LaVerne Jones-Ferrette [ISV] ISV 11.14
                  6 Alexandria Anderson [USA] USA 11.18
                  7 Aleen Bailey [JAM] JAM 11.26
                  8 Stephanie Durst [USA] USA 11.35

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                    You must admit that she didn't look herself in that race. Irrespective of the fast time we are more used to seeing VCB running with more of a SAF form in that her body is pushed out more and not completely as upright as how she ran in that race. She can do better though, of that am sure and that is judging entirely on how she ran that race basically upright. She wasn't pushing to win that race at all IMHO.

Comment

So 575 for me today. Not bad. Stockholm will be a challenge, though!!

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer

Aleen always look solid in the relays to me..except for this year at Penn Relays...she didn't look so sharp. She really has the upper hand on being in that final relays squad over Facey, if it's come down to that.

By the way.. what's up with VCB? She went to the other ladies first before the went over and congratulate her country woman. I love VCB, but I don't like that at all and there is no need for that. I hope this was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                          I'm glad she didn't. Those split week races didn't seem to be that effective (performance/recovery) compared to week-to-week.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iIb-socS4s

Video of the race

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer

Aleen always look solid in the relays to me..except for this year at Penn Relays...she didn't look so sharp. She really has the upper hand on being in that final relays squad over Facey, if it's come down to that.

By the way.. what's up with VCB? She went to the other ladies first before the went over and congratulate her country woman. I love VCB, but I don't like that at all and there is no need for that. I hope this was just my eyes playing tricks on me.
                              :?

So what...now VCB hates Jamaica too? :roll:

Stop it.
                              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                                I'm glad she didn't. Those split week races didn't seem to be that effective (performance/recovery) compared to week-to-week.

Interesting. She was ok at USA trials. In Berlin she has to run 4 races in two days. Today was more of a way to avoid another defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X