X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    VCB have more than SAF to worry about. Kerron Stewart is gunning for her World title too. This happen in life. Let them duke it out and we'll see who will be the last woman standing a top the podium. I'm just happy they all will be representing the Black, Green and Gold in Berlin.

I'm going for SAF to be that woman.
    Well based on this race it doesnt look like it will be VCB. Her start seemed to be worst than usual, but even with that I expected her to close some on SAF. I'm not sure she did.

If Kerron gets out with SAF then Kerron will beat her. I think SAF is affected when people get out with her and she's challenged early. She's more comfortable running out front.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    That's Ferguson McKenzie's first sub-11 since ’03!

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    IT's not just the height.. but also the Leg length.. so could be the major difference between Bolt and say, another 6'4" athletes..

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Taller Athletes Are Faster, Study Finds .....my prediction :shock: :lol:
    \

No NBA centers on the all-time sprint list; wrong objective function. Is 6'5" better than 6'4"? Why is the all-time list missing 6'5" sprinters prior to Bolt? There are drawbacks to height that are responsible for the lack of those over 6'4" relative the number of athletic population.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Taller Athletes Are Faster, Study Finds .....my prediction :shock: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Basically the 100m's is wide gonna be a battle royale...

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Originally posted by onlooker
    If I were VCB, i would drop the 100m and concentrate the 200m because she may not even medal in the 100m. She needs to be fresh enough for the 200m, and not give Felix the upper hand. She didn't compete in the 100m at Beijing and she showed up big time in the deuce. One gold is better than a bronze and a silver, or worse a 4th place and a silver.

One Love!
    The problem with VCB now isn't that she looks bad... its that she is not race sharp I think and if that's actually the case she actually DOES need to run the 100! She needs those rounds to get herself in the mind of how to run against fast competition.
    I think onlooker has a point.

He mentioned 2008, but what happened in 2007 is telling as well.

I see what you're saying too... but the strain of a 100m final won't help her with the 200m rounds, imo.

It certainly didnt in 07 anyway.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Every bit of ducking this season has came from American sprinters/

Gay, Wariner and Jeter! chose not to run against someone when they're perfectly fine because they're scared of losing.
    And your proof of this is exactly what again?
    How about some folks realize that the athletes race when THEY are ready at this point...Berlin matters, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikewats

Gay, Wariner and Jeter! chose not to run against someone when they're perfectly fine because they're scared of losing.
    And your proof of this is exactly what again?

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Racing on the circuit and racing at major meets with rounds are two completely different things, it will be interesting to see who can bring their good form to Berlin.

VCB has proven her ability to race rounds and win medals since she was a junior and I have no doubt that she's being well prepared to race both sprints.

Leave a comment:

• Alexm
    replied
    If I were VCB, i would drop the 100m and concentrate the 200m because she may not even medal in the 100m. She needs to be fresh enough for the 200m, and not give Felix the upper hand. She didn't compete in the 100m at Beijing and she showed up big time in the deuce. One gold is better than a bronze and a silver, or worse a 4th place and a silver.One Love!
    I agree. At this stage it looks like VCB may not medal in the 100m. Hell, she may not even get 4th. Better she be fresh for the 200 and face a not quite at her best Felix then 4 women (KS, SAF, CJ & DFM) who are all at their best over 100m. For VCB to beat her compatriots she needs to be at her absolute ebst ever shape, as these women are in 10.7+ form. VCB aint in that form.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster
    DFM looked great, she called out to Coach Deem in the London GP footage so I am not sure if she has left her or not or just gave a shout out to her fomer coach? Anyone know more details?
    Based on that interview, she's now coached by Lance Braumann it seems.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    KS just using this race for speed endurance work.

Interesting to see Felix and how she run.

Sub-22 secs needed to win in Berlin. VCB will lose her 100m title, but i'm looking for her to get that 200m crown.
    If I were VCB, i would drop the 100m and concentrate the 200m because she may not even medal in the 100m. She needs to be fresh enough for the 200m, and not give Felix the upper hand. She didn't compete in the 100m at Beijing and she showed up big time in the deuce. One gold is better than a bronze and a silver, or worse a 4th place and a silver.

One Love!
    The problem with VCB now isn't that she looks bad... its that she is not race sharp I think and if that's actually the case she actually DOES need to run the 100! She needs those rounds to get herself in the mind of how to run against fast competition.

Leave a comment:

• rudeboy
    replied
    Originally posted by toyracer
    Olympic champ beats World champ, round 1.
    Ferguson-McKenzie 10.97, at 33 years old, has not run this fast since '03.
    Aleen Bailey needs to be a bit quicker in her relay spot in Berlin.

Aleen always look solid in the relays to me..except for this year at Penn Relays...she didn't look so sharp. She really has the upper hand on being in that final relays squad over Facey, if it's come down to that.

By the way.. what's up with VCB? She went to the other ladies first before the went over and congratulate her country woman. I love VCB, but I don't like that at all and there is no need for that. I hope this was just my eyes playing tricks on me.
    I also noticed the same thing with Kerron Stewart. After she was beaten at trials, she did not go over to congratulate SAF. I think that both Kerron and VCB carrying belly for SAF.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X