Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad and Tobago and their chances in the relay (4x100m)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinidad and Tobago and their chances in the relay (4x100m)

Now seeing that people are getting a lil upset about this topic and their chances, please feel free to go at in this thread so we don't pollute the others.

Me personally, I believe that outside of Jamaica, this team of Armstrong, Brown, Burns, Thompson, and Callander can run with or catch the USA slipping. All five of these guys has ran under 10.1 this year.

Its not always about who has the fastest four guys....2004 ring a bell??? those teams from 2007 proved it as well.

It's Jam or USA (barring stick mishaps). Everyone else is chicken fodder.
    http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Re: Trinidad and Tobago and their chances in the relay (4x10

Originally posted by justblaze1011
      Now seeing that people are getting a lil upset about this topic and their chances, please feel free to go at in this thread so we don't pollute the others.

Me personally, I believe that outside of Jamaica, this team of Armstrong, Brown, Burns, Thompson, and Callander can run with or catch the USA slipping. All five of these guys has ran under 10.1 this year.

Its not always about who has the fastest four guys....2004 ring a bell??? those teams from 2007 proved it as well.
      Thompson hasn't shown much this season and he only has a few more races to get ready for Berlin. I like Trinidad's chances of getting a medal. I just don't think they can challenge either USA or Jamaica.

Comment

Callender 10.08 10.08
        Armstrong 10.03 10.03
        Thomson 10.01 9.89
        Burns 10.04 9.96
        Brown 10.05 9.99
        Bledman 10.10 10.10

Comment

Re: Trinidad and Tobago and their chances in the relay (4x10

Originally posted by justblaze1011

I was talking about that this afternoon with a co worker. I think they an go sub 38. in Berlin.
          Afrikan

Comment

Of course, the "if no-one drops the baton" is part of a relay prognosis....
            But, assuming the favourites for the medals may be Jamaica, USA, and T & T, in any particular order, what are the odds that all will make it to the final, and all will finish in the final, without a drop or a bobble, or something....
            I say it's about 50/50, or maybe less.

Comment

The terrible two-edged sword: Trinidad has the horses to threaten for a top medal if one/both of the big 2 have passing problems. Of course, on the other side is that Britain and Japan, et al., can be in it for bronze if Trinidad has stick difficulties.

I still think the U.S. should have a mindset of running for silver at this point, and making sure they get that.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                Callender 10.08 10.08
                Armstrong 10.03 10.03
                Thomson 10.01 9.89
                Burns 10.04 9.96
                Brown 10.05 9.99
                Bledman 10.10 10.10
                Don't forget that France ran 37.7 with four guys in the 10.2-10.3 range.

Comment

Not showing much in the Monaco meet anyway...10.18 and 10,42 for Burns and Armstrong.

Comment

Thompson was not in the race........

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      Thompson was not in the race........
                      Mixed them up...now corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                        Originally posted by bman
                        Callender 10.08 10.08
                        Armstrong 10.03 10.03
                        Thomson 10.01 9.89
                        Burns 10.04 9.96
                        Brown 10.05 9.99
                        Bledman 10.10 10.10
                        Don't forget that France ran 37.7 with four guys in the 10.2-10.3 range.
                        Trini is no France though. FYI. France was FORCED to stretch the zone and use risky handoffs, Trini will not be doing either I can garentee that.

They may run sub 38, but it wont be in spite of their lack of speed (ala France) it will be because of their tremendous speed.

Comment

When i did some bets for the olympics i did a bet with the trini 4x100 team on and it knocked up the odds loads, Yanks didn't even make the final and Jams could of easily slipped up in the final for Trinn to win. Couldn't believe the odds.

Comment

Working...
                          X