Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Blake and company qualified for the WC?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Internet_Bad_Boy
    Even if the results from the trial were to be annulled, Blake could/should still be selected to represent jamaica in the relays based on his performances before and after the trials.
    If what Toyracer saying is THE standard, a "non-participation" omits them from being capable of being added to the team, as an athlete MUST participate in the JAAA Champs, however, with medical exemptions, and other avenues given to athletes in the past, its hard to decipher what these athletes will be classified as, should their results be nullified from the national meet.

Toyracer, please explain this again, because maybe I have gotten this a little mixed as well...

Thanks

Comment

Even if the results from the trial were to be annulled, Blake could/should still be selected to represent jamaica in the relays based on his performances before and after the trials.
      And then what kind of message are you sending???? And really, this season, what HAS Blake done prior to Trials, that makes him any more outstanding than anyone else on the team...
      ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

I stated earlier that all 5 of them should be left home. I think that is the best move. It will reduce our chances of winning both 4 x 100m relays, but I don't care. We have to send a message.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
          Item #1 from the JAAA Selection Criteria reads as follows:

1. Athletes must compete in the National Championships unless an exemption has been granted by the JAAA.

The word "must" is the key. In strict technical terms, if the results of the five athletes are disqualified from the meet, they in effect did not compete, and as such cannot be a part of the team for Berlin.
          If they had DQ'd by false starting or running outside their lane, I believe that would still be counted as competing in the meet. So the question boils down to whether a one-meet drug DQ is to be treated as the equivalent of not competing in the meet, while other forms of DQ are treated as having competed.

Those who were listed for individual events would surely lose their spot based on a DQ, regardless of what type of DQ it is, because the DQ would make them lose their top 3 place in the event. But it is not so clear that any DQ (drug or otherwise) would automatically make them ineligible for a relay.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
            If what Toyracer saying is THE standard, a "non-participation" omits them from being capable of being added to the team, as an athlete MUST participate in the JAAA Champs, however, with medical exemptions, and other avenues given to athletes in the past, its hard to decipher what these athletes will be classified as, should their results be nullified from the national meet.

Toyracer, please explain this again, because maybe I have gotten this a little mixed as well...

Thanks
            Knite, in regards to the section you quoted, then if the results are ommitted, then their participation becomes null and void, hence making them ineligible for participation. Results from Nat. Trials are the basis for selection, not anything else, I have seen where the selection committee have taken another athlete who didn't place top 3 over someone who did, however, the one that was taken, was a seasoned runner, and had been successful for Jamaica many times, however, that was political... but, like the bylaws state, only due to exemptions given by the association prior to Trials, will an athlete have the chance to be selected as part of the team without competing at Trials... There was no exemptions given in this instance, therefore, if the results are ommitted, then they don't qualify
            ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
              Results from Nat. Trials are the basis for selection, not anything else, I have seen where the selection committee have taken another athlete who didn't place top 3 over someone who did, however, the one that was taken, was a seasoned runner, and had been successful for Jamaica many times, however, that was political...
              The rules required the top 3 athletes to show fitness leading into the Games, and the one who was taken off the team failed in that aspect. That is why she was also booted from the relay, even though it was not necessary to do that to accommodate the seasoned competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy
                I stated earlier that all 5 of them should be left home. I think that is the best move. It will reduce our chances of winning both 4 x 100m relays, but I don't care. We have to send a message.
                I agree. If their B samples come back positive for a banned substance, they should all be left home.

Jamaica cannot tolerate such idiocy by its athletes. I don't care what the excuse is -- flu medication, taking supplements. As an athlete if you get the flu you should drink some bush tea, if your stomach is upset drink some ginger tea, feeling down drink some roots. Don't take any pharmocological substance or stimulants ever.

Idiots shoud not run for Jamaica. One (or five) bad sugar apple(s) can spoil the whole bunch.

One love.

Comment

Originally posted by frontrunner
                  Jamaica cannot tolerate such idiocy by its athletes. I don't care what the excuse is -- flu medication, taking supplements. As an athlete if you get the flu you should drink some bush tea, if your stomach is upset drink some ginger tea, feeling down drink some roots.
                  How are you so sure that bush tea and roots drink don't have any banned substances?

Comment

Originally posted by sprintblox
                    Jamaica cannot tolerate such idiocy by its athletes. I don't care what the excuse is -- flu medication, taking supplements. As an athlete if you get the flu you should drink some bush tea, if your stomach is upset drink some ginger tea, feeling down drink some roots.
                    How are you so sure that bush tea and roots drink don't have any banned substances?
                    Very true, those things need as much attention as the others, if full disclosure of the ingredients are unknown.

Comment

Thanks
                      Here is the page for the Selection Criteria. http://www.jaaaltd.com/Select_Crit.htm

If they had DQ'd by false starting or running outside their lane, I believe that would still be counted as competing in the meet. So the question boils down to whether a one-meet drug DQ is to be treated as the equivalent of not competing in the meet, while other forms of DQ are treated as having competed.
                      An interesting point of view. Let me see if I can find any wording that addresses that. My understanding is that a confirmed positive test would lead to the athlete's entry being disqualified; it would be as if the athlete did not run at the National Championships at all.
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

Comment

Very true, those things need as much attention as the others, if full disclosure of the ingredients are unknown.
                        I am assuming that the athletes will make their own bush tea, ginger tea, and roots from plants/provisions, not buy some commercially available brand. If homemade and grown bush tea/ginger/roots contained substances that are banned by WADA/IAAF then the athletes should not drink them. But then to ban such natural non-chemically processed substances would be ridiculous because "wah Jah bless, no man curse."

One love.

Comment

I am assuming that the athletes will make their own bush tea, ginger tea, and roots from plants/provisions, not buy some commercially available brand. If homemade and grown bush tea/ginger/roots contained substances that are banned by WADA/IAAF then the athletes should not drink them. But then to banned such natural non-chemically processed substances would be ridiculous because "wah Jah bless, no man curse."

One love.
                          Do they spray insectisides (sp ck)?
                          on the road

Comment

Speed, "non-chemically process" would exclude pesticides.

Maybe I should have added organically (sp) grown.

One love.

Comment

Speed, "non-chemically process" would exclude pesticides.

Maybe I should have added organically (sp) grown.

One love.
                              Okay, I just wanna know that all the bases are covered, or at least an attempt is. Cuz you know that would be an avenue to explore, because when it's not in our site (athlete), you never know what the ingredients are (contaminated) :wink:
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy
                                I agree. If their B samples come back positive for a banned substance, they should all be left home.

Jamaica cannot tolerate such idiocy by its athletes. I don't care what the excuse is -- flu medication, taking supplements. As an athlete if you get the flu you should drink some bush tea, if your stomach is upset drink some ginger tea, feeling down drink some roots. Don't take any pharmocological substance or stimulants ever.

Idiots shoud not run for Jamaica. One (or five) bad sugar apple(s) can spoil the whole bunch.

One love.

CO-SIGNED that.

Plus, Jamaica has to make the best decision for the team. I'm expecting these fools to be watching the World Championships at there home (somehow I doubt they will have any interesting when if finally sinks in that they are not with the team.) What's wrong with drinking a can/bottle of ENSURE? This is what people in medical field mostly prescribe for their patients to help supplement their diets. Do you think...you will find those Stimulants in a widely used supplement that is given to sick patients? NO...for the simple fact.. those stimulants may end up putting the patient at risk for toxicity. These Athletes really need to do their homework, and realize that these things can KILLED THEM!! Caffeine can kill you, can cause too much cardiac stimulating...which could leads to fatal irrigular heart beats, especially athletes. (example of people who just drop dead...and they were healthy as can be).!!

When they runnining their hearts need to contract and relax at a fast rate to keep up with their bodies demands, and some of these things have Vasodilation effect.... which is the opposite of what required. It's just sad that these fools keep putting themselves at risk and to top it off... I think they all know too.

Another thing ....why do they need energy drinks? Fools. Increase you caloric intake to meet your body's demand and that should solve the problem. Just sad.

PS.. I'm so happy that the JAAA is considering barring them from going to Berlin. Even if that's all that require is just a warning. They will sit and think this over for a long time. Who they squandered their dreams of going to Berlin etc!!

Comment

Working...
                                X