Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai88
    replied
    Get her to run a steeple chase quick, only takes a 9.48 to go on a B standard lol !!

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon
    So Dobriskey runs 4:02 in Monaco, followed by PBs from Twell (4:03) and England (4:04). In light of those results, England's non-selection is slightly easier to swallow. It's just a shame that we're leaving a 1:59/4:04 at home, off the team completely.
    Except really, what a "lovely" dilemma that is to have...

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    So Dobriskey runs 4:02 in Monaco, followed by PBs from Twell (4:03) and England (4:04). In light of those results, England's non-selection is slightly easier to swallow. It's just a shame that we're leaving a 1:59/4:04 at home, off the team completely.

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied
    Originally posted by mump boy

now they would have made a lovely couple
    Really ? I never had Dwain down as gay...

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by lalala
    Then he was obsessed with Kelli White for a while. Basically, no woman seems to be able to resist Dwain unless she "lives with a female flatmate" or is quite obviously mad...

And the pedant in me is annoyed that he constantly refers to Chryste GAINS too.... :twisted:
    now they would have made a lovely couple

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by J2thaD
    They give themselve a good shot at silver if they let Chambers run. If they don't, they might not get the bronze.
    And that's a problem how???

I'd rather no medal at all than a tainted one.

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied
    Then he was obsessed with Kelli White for a while. Basically, no woman seems to be able to resist Dwain unless she "lives with a female flatmate" or is quite obviously mad...

And the pedant in me is annoyed that he constantly refers to Chryste GAINS too.... :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by lalala
    As a side note, I'm reading his autobiography at the moment. It really is a ROTTEN piece of literature- there's an awful lot of excusing and moaning (not least a foreword slagging off The Big O and that situation like it's identical) and lots of things you have to read between the lines about (My particular favourite being (and I paraphrase...) "I really fancied Kelly Holmes, but although we had a good night out on a date when we went on, I knew it would never happen between us for some reason. She lived with her female flatmate and their dogs in BLAH BLAH BLAH... :roll: ").
    Oh Dwain, you're breaking my heart :roll:

Leave a comment:

• lalala
    replied
    Do you know, I don't actually care if Chambers is in the 4x100 team or not- he is in the individual which is "bad" enough, albeit still by the rules, and I maintain that if it works for other countries, it should work for us.

However, having said that, I do think that, as my dear Flumpy pointed out earlier, it's the worry of losing other medals for me- the medals he lost his other teammates was bad enough, but to be given the chance to do it again...whether or not he is clean now (And I believe he is...)

As a side note, I'm reading his autobiography at the moment. It really is a ROTTEN piece of literature- there's an awful lot of excusing and moaning (not least a foreword slagging off The Big O and that situation like it's identical) and lots of things you have to read between the lines about (My particular favourite being (and I paraphrase...) "I really fancied Kelly Holmes, but although we had a good night out on a date when we went on, I knew it would never happen between us for some reason. She lived with her female flatmate and their dogs in BLAH BLAH BLAH... :roll: ").

Just so you know, I got it out of the library so I didn't give the man a PENNY towards paying back his debts... :lol:

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    Brits throw away any kind of medal chance in the relay by omitting Chambers. He's the ER rcord holder over 60m for heaven's sake. Their only chance of a great lead off leg. They're probably screwed either way, however.
    i'd rather we won no medals than any by chambers i wouldn't count it as an accomplishment to win medals with drug cheats

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Originally posted by 3a
    Brits throw away any kind of medal chance in the relay by omitting Chambers. He's the ER rcord holder over 60m for heaven's sake. Their only chance of a great lead off leg. They're probably screwed either way, however.
    They will drop the baton so it doesn't matter.
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by 3a
    They will drop the baton so it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• 3a
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J2thaD
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    Originally posted by dakota
    The omission of Chambers from the 4x1 is disgusting.

And before anybody parrots that ludicrous "explanation" that they're building a team for 2012, will Marlon Devonish be competing in London at the age of 36 years old?
    It's not 'disgusting' it's common sense. It's not like anyone was expecting him to be selected and he's suddenly been snubbed. It was well documented that he wasn't being picked.

I'll tell ya what is disgusting..................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2004 ... 098131.htm
    The omission of Chambers from the 4x1 is disgusting. The head of their olympic committee finally went against outside pressure and allows Chambers to run. But now they don't put him on the relay. You give your team the best chance to win. All those winey b!tch youngsters who are complaining that Chambers is a cheater need to shut their pie holes. The man served his time for his crime. Now he is back, and make no mistake about it, Chambers is their fastest/best 100 meter runner. Regardless of Williamson beating him at the Championships. Chambers does what he does, with hardly any meets. He has been black balled so he doesn't get the race experience. I guarantee he will be their fastest sprinter at the Worlds in the 100 meters, and he will be sub 10. They give themselve a good shot at silver if they let Chambers run. If they don't, they might not get the bronze.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by dakota
    The omission of Chambers from the 4x1 is disgusting.

And before anybody parrots that ludicrous "explanation" that they're building a team for 2012, will Marlon Devonish be competing in London at the age of 36 years old?
    It's not 'disgusting' it's common sense. It's not like anyone was expecting him to be selected and he's suddenly been snubbed. It was well documented that he wasn't being picked.

I'll tell ya what is disgusting..................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2004 ... 098131.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X