Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skiboo
    What is Demus' best relay split and where and when did she run it?
    I THINK she's run a 49.6 at the '04 NCAA champs but not positive, but know she split 49.9 indoors at the armory one yr when she was competing against LSU and they had Nadia Davy and Heather Ann Regis on their 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
      t monk I normally abhor word mavens but I am sensitive to names, the ladiy's name is Melaine, not Melanie.
      Sometimes "i"s just get misplaced. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
        Originally posted by skiboo
        What is Demus' best relay split and where and when did she run it?
        49.38 in the 2006 World Cup
        Better, as I didn;t know that.

She's more fit than '06, IMO

Comment

i just tried watching the webcast on universalsports.com and i couldn't find her race? anyone know how far it is into the video so i can finally watch it?

Comment

as noted in the tv thread, this was not shown in their 2 hour show.

it is on youtube but the image quality is not very good for some reason.

Comment

http://www.universalsports.com/media...b_oem_id=23000 There ya go

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
                it is on youtube but the image quality is not very good for some reason.
                Youtube high quality clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H225M9umMKA

Comment

Walker cleared 9 hurdles. Should be DQ'd, unless I'm seeing things wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
                    It is hard to make out because it is right behind Demus (7th or 8th hurdle) but she also runs into lane 4 from Lane 5 for as many as 12 steps (and with both feet) and should have been DQ'ed on that fact alone. In fact, if this is correct [and this might be as egregious a case as I can remember, although the video switches at the crucial point], I recommend that TFNews count this as a DQ for purposes of it annual tabulation.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                      Originally posted by BisonHurdler
                      It is hard to make out because it is right behind Demus (7th or 8th hurdle) but she also runs into lane 4 from Lane 5 for as many as 12 steps (and with both feet) and should have been DQ'ed on that fact alone. In fact, if this is correct [and this might be as egregious a case as I can remember, although the video switches at the crucial point], I recommend that TFNews count this as a DQ for purposes of it annual tabulation.
                      Unless we can see a better picture it is difficult to tell what happened, it almost appears as if Walker didn't knock over the hurdle, because she seems surprised. :shock:
                      on the road

Comment

But clearly she ran many steps on the lane inside (4, her lane is 5) and a DQ is obviously called for in terms of assessing her performance.

Comment

But clearly she ran many steps on the lane inside (4, her lane is 5) and a DQ is obviously called for in terms of assessing her performance.
                          I don't dispute that, but what is unclear is the circumstances leading to that.
                          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            Was she surprised by Demus surging past her? Demus had already made up the stagger a ways back and then they ran more evenly for a hurdle or so, then Demus went ahead of her (plus the remaining stagger of 2+m).

[Note, I did not mean this in a critical or questioning way, and thought about it afterwords wondering if I should edit it a bit to make that more clear. I think that the hurdle position was correct. So I was just wanting further comments to see what others had seen.]

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              Was she surprised by Demus surging past her? Demus had already made up the stagger a ways back and then they ran more evenly for a hurdle or so, then Demus went ahead of her (plus the remaining stagger of 2+m).
                              I doubt that, I'm stating surprised as in how did that hurdle get there. :shock:
                              on the road

Comment

i'd like to offer lashinda a belated congratulation for this

she was in similar shape about 2 or 3y ago when i saw her on tv jog 53-flat pb in a euro meet & wished she'd pushed it hard that day as she wouda run faster than even this

i've looked at the tape for this run & compared with some previous stats for touch-down & she ran the run-in from 10th hurdle to finish much slower than kim/tonja or gunnell/sandra who were involved in battle royales

she was at least 0.3s slower at run-in those other gals, so if a miracle happens & someone is on her shoulder after the 10th hurdle, she can break the wr ( which is a dubious one because of pecho's suspect technique at not clearing hurdles legitimately - evidenced in '05 final & almost with doubt in her wr )

Comment

Working...
                                X