Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Google seems to be misplacing things lately.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/ ... story.html
    Headline:
    Google Earth loses Olympic skating oval

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Any idea why it happened? Did you accidentally do something to block the google bots from crawling the site?

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Surprisingly quick work by Google folks. We're back in the search results. Thanks for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Suffice it to say, it's not our fault, and we're moving heaven and earth (we just need to find a longer lever) to get it fixed asap. It's as high priority as items come. But as Ben noted, we're at the mercy of a higher power.

Even if Google HQ is only a couple of miles from our office!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I use Google to type trackandfieldnews in at work. I"ve noticed this page not being number one the last couple days.

I don't like to type it in on the address line at work because we have nosy people that share computers and they can see where you've been too easily.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    If you can type in key words to search for it in Google, why cant you just type the web address into the browser?

Too hard to remember? :P
    In google it used to be that you could search for "track field" and TFN would be the top site. Better, there would be about six or eight links to subpages, one being the message board. I'm sure there are many other ways to get there, that was the way i tended to do it.

I should emphasise that I only do this on campus terminals, not my own computer. Tandfman, believe it or not, I have figured out how to use a bookmark on my browser. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Chrome Dome
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by bhall
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    It's not that inconvenient but I now realise how often I use google to find the site, usually when using a computer that is not my own.
    If you can type in key words to search for it in Google, why cant you just type the web address into the browser?

Typing the address in for Google doesn't work. However, like I said above, it does work for Yahoo.

Leave a comment:

• dakota
    replied
    I'd be lost without Field and Track Reports. It's the best magazine eva!!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by bhall
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    It's not that inconvenient but I now realise how often I use google to find the site, usually when using a computer that is not my own.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I prefer visiting Bada Bing :-)

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    You pop to the top of the charts in Bing, even when I spelled track 'traqck'.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    not when you're using a computer that's not yours i bet!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    I now realise how often I use google to find the site, usually when using a computer that is not my own.
    I don't have that problem. My browser opens to the T&FN home page.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Unrelated.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Is there any chance that this is related to the fact that my Gmail account suddenly regards the eTrack newsletters as spam? Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X