Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trackdug
    No, YOU have been proven wrong. I said SPECIFICALLY for you to name what top 400m guys Baylor recruited in the last TWO years. The consensus was Marcus Boyd and Robert Griffin Jr. I said Griffin wasn't recruited for track but for football. You guys conceded that. Then I said Boyd wasn't a TOP recruit (someone who was ranked in the top 10 HS 400m athletes). Boyd was ranked 14th that year. I never said anything about years gone by; you people did. Someone here said that Baylor gets the best of the best. Which I called BS. I said prove who that got the last two years. You couldn't provide an adequate answer so you started up with this red herring argument that Baylor has gotten "plenty of top talent" over the years. Well, DUH!!! You're just stating the obvious.

SO NOW, WHO IS WRONG? YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU. Baylor DOESN'T ALWAYS get the best of the best, as clearly demonstrated in my argument.

Boom.
    are you in high school or what?

Comment

• [quote=Jerome Marrow]
      Originally posted by trackdug
      Originally posted by "guruof track":3b0jlt9t
      Don't forget he mentions Nellums who has barely ran 1 collegiate race.

But I digress, its pretty clear he has some agenda.
      Was Nellums recruited for track? I DO think so. So therefore it's quite legit. Unlike YOUR argument.
      Except for the fact that he was shot.... that will kind of hurt your chances at becoming a great 400m runner.[/quote:3b0jlt9t]

WTF does that have to do with the FACT that he was recruited to USC as the #1 prospect in the country? USC won him as a recruit, not Baylor. Duh.

Classic red herring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf
        No, YOU have been proven wrong. I said SPECIFICALLY for you to name what top 400m guys Baylor recruited in the last TWO years. The consensus was Marcus Boyd and Robert Griffin Jr. I said Griffin wasn't recruited for track but for football. You guys conceded that. Then I said Boyd wasn't a TOP recruit (someone who was ranked in the top 10 HS 400m athletes). Boyd was ranked 14th that year. I never said anything about years gone by; you people did. Someone here said that Baylor gets the best of the best. Which I called BS. I said prove who that got the last two years. You couldn't provide an adequate answer so you started up with this red herring argument that Baylor has gotten "plenty of top talent" over the years. Well, DUH!!! You're just stating the obvious.

SO NOW, WHO IS WRONG? YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU. Baylor DOESN'T ALWAYS get the best of the best, as clearly demonstrated in my argument.

Boom.
        are you in high school or what?
        If you think that writing and argument is from one who is in high school then you watch too much Fox News programming.

Comment

• Get 'em trackdug.

Handle yo business. :lol:
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

How about LSU and USC.

From 2002 to 2008. LSU got Kelly Willie (#1 in 2002 - He was also #1 in 2001), X-Man (#2 in 2004 - He was #1 in 2003), and Robert Simmons (#4 in 2007). No wonder they own the 4x4 record.

USC got Bryshon Nellum (#1 in 2007 - He was also #2 in 2006) and Joey Hughes (#1 in 2008).

Baylor hasn't gotten a #1 ranked recruit since before 1999, maybe much longer as that's as far back at T&F lists go.
            td...

You're slaying these jokers. :lol:
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Yea right. He needs to have a coherent arguement..........

Comment

• [quote=trackdug]
                Originally posted by Jerome Marrow
                Originally posted by "guruof track":3jyouy4q
                Don't forget he mentions Nellums who has barely ran 1 collegiate race.

But I digress, its pretty clear he has some agenda.
                Was Nellums recruited for track? I DO think so. So therefore it's quite legit. Unlike YOUR argument.
                Except for the fact that he was shot.... that will kind of hurt your chances at becoming a great 400m runner.
                WTF does that have to do with the FACT that he was recruited to USC as the #1 prospect in the country? USC won him as a recruit, not Baylor. Duh.

Classic red herring.[/quote:3jyouy4q]

It is quite related. The argument is Baylor gets the top talent and even with it, many (perhaps the majority of their athletes?) fall through the cracks and fail to get better.

If you have a problem with mentioning him getting shot, why not have us include all the guys that do FB and track because your argument is making no damn sense since Baylor is a joke of a school for football.

Comment

• Your forgot to boom him Jerome, lol.

I have figured out who trackdug is. Swirly.

Comment

The consensus was Marcus Boyd and Robert Griffin Jr. I said Griffin wasn't recruited for track but for football. You guys conceded that.
                    Mr. Griffin originally did not consider Baylor during the recruiting process, because Baylor wasn't recruiting him in football. Those in play prior (speaking of Guy Morriss) to Mr. Art Briles' staff wanted Mr. Griffin to get a track scholarship and walk-on in football. Houston offered him a full-ride. Mr. Hart offered Mr. Griffin a partial scholarship.
                    Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
                      The consensus was Marcus Boyd and Robert Griffin Jr. I said Griffin wasn't recruited for track but for football. You guys conceded that.
                      Mr. Griffin originally did not consider Baylor during the recruiting process, because Baylor wasn't recruiting him in football. Those in play prior (speaking of Guy Morriss) to Mr. Art Briles' staff wanted Mr. Griffin to get a track scholarship and walk-on in football. Houston offered him a full-ride. Mr. Hart offered Mr. Griffin a partial scholarship.
                      That's totally false. Griffin was offered a FULL scholly by Baylor for track, prior to the University of Houston football coach coming to Baylor. He was also offered a full academic scholly as well. Griffin had 3 options at most schools football, track, or academics.

While it is true they wanted him to run track and walk on to football, track offered him a FULL ride and the offer didnt come from Hart, it came from Coach Harbour.

Regardless of what anyone says about Griffin, he had criteria for colleges he was looking at:

1) He HAD to be given a chance to play QB
                      2) He had to be able to run track

Trackdug is trying to make a case (and TD is sadly backing this joker up ) that Baylor track had no intentions on using Griffin or Gettis at track when each was the #1 rank and recruited 400ih and 400 meter runners (respectively). Track WAS a BIG part of the reason they came to Baylor in the first place........not to mention their Baylor success at the events in which these guys ran.

Then you have trackdug saying Marcus Boyd was ranked 25th in the country in the 400 coming out of HS. He was actually ranked #8 and had the 14th fastest time.

Baylor gets Blue Chip recruits year in year out. We can figure out some arbitrary number to make it seem like USC, LSU, or FSU gets btter 400 recruits, but anybody with half a brain knows that not true.

Let me name guys since 97 who came to Baylor as blue chip recruits or transfers (who ran the 400 in some form or fashion):

Bayano Kamani
                      Brandon Couts
                      Floyd Thompson
                      Michael Smith
                      Zsolt Szeglet
                      Darold Williamson
                      Jeremy Wariner
                      William Fitts
                      Dwight Ruff
                      Reggie Witherspoon
                      Mark Teter
                      JT Schuerman
                      Trey Harts
                      Lejerald Betters
                      Quentin Summers
                      David Gettis
                      Robert Griffin
                      Marcus Boyd
                      Justin Boyd

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                        While it is true they wanted him to run track and walk on to football, track offered him a FULL ride and the offer didnt come from Hart, it came from Coach Harbour.
                        Mr. guruoftrack, can you please support this contention with a source? Thank you.

I will be able to supply the Dallas News as mine.
                        Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
                          Originally posted by guruof track
                          Mr. guruoftrack, can you please support this contention with a source? Thank you.

If by partial you mean everything paid for except for books, then your assessment is true.

Hart does not authorize scholly's anymore as he is not the head coach. He recommends offers to Harbour..........Harbour has never said no, but thats the process.

As far as my source, I'm not willing to reveal it. But its someone who is has Baylor ties.

Comment

• [quote=guruof track]
                            Originally posted by 3
                            Originally posted by "guruof track":14ltauih

If by partial you mean everything paid for except for books, then your assessment is true.

Hart does not authorize scholly's anymore as he is not the head coach. He recommends offers to Harbour..........Harbour has never said no, but thats the process.

As far as my source, I'm not willing to reveal it. But its someone who is has Baylor ties.[/quote:14ltauih]

"I'm not willing to reveal it." Listen to this ass clown. It's because you're making the sh*t up. What a punk.

And you're making sh*t up about Boyd. According to DyeStat (yeah, you can verify this), Boyd had the 25th fastest time and was the 14th ranked 400m runner in the country. Facts, baby, facts.

Comment

• 45.38 Bryshon Nellum (Poly, Long Beach)
                              46.16 Gil Roberts (Millwood, Ok City)
                              46.28 Antonio McKay (Pius X, Atlanta)
                              46.40 *Robert Simmons (High, Sugar Land, Tx)
                              46.47 Ronnie Alexander (Belaire, Baton Rouge)
                              Sean Holston (Lee, Springfield, Va)
                              46.48 *Bernard Goodwyn (Newark, De)
                              46.62 James Gilreath (Bartlett, Tn)
                              46.65 Chris Ward (Evans, Orlando)
                              46.71 Brandon Bing (Cheltenham, Wyncote, Pa)
                              (10)
                              46.72 *William Wynne (McE, Pow Springs, Ga)
                              46.76 Danzell Fortson (Central, Keller, Tx)
                              46.80(A) *Dominick Roberts (East, Denver)
                              46.81 Marcus Boyd (N Crowley, Ft Worth)

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/lists/ ... &year=2007

Yes, Boyd did have the 25th fastest performance.......but he was the 14th fastest performer and ranked 8th in the country in the event.

I won't even comment on revealing my source. If you don't believe me then fine. Thats your peragotive.

Comment

• That's interesting. The 14th fastest performer yet ranked 8th. Explain that...

Comment

Working...
                                X