Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guruof track
    Ok, Griffin wasnt a 400 runner and he wasnt recruited by Baylor to run track. And Marcus Boyd wasnt a 5 star recruit.

I have some beach from property for sale in Idaho.

And who claimed Baylor get ALL the 400 recruits. But I challenge you to name a school who gets better 400 runners year in year out?

You make it seem like Baylor is getting 50 points and turning them into 45s. Please!
    trackdug...keep changing the criteria he's asking about, 1st he said top recruit, now he's talking top 5 :roll:
    on the road

Comment

• [quote=guruof track]
      Originally posted by "Madd Marine":3n4fc4tl
      I think that it's a bit much to expect every prospect to develop into a world class runner or even a national class runner. Some kids just peak out early. I do think our system, which isn't really a system, does burn out athletes or at least hinders development for a lot of them. Some improve anyway, but that's not the point.

No school should be expected to be a Gold Medal mill, no matter how good the coach may be. World Class champions are the ultimate rarity, the top of the pyramid.

Hart's theories on 400 training are interesting but I don't necessarily think his philosophy would work for every type of 400 runner. But no method is so good or perfect that it works for everyone.
      I think its more about the improvement factor than the gold medals. For example, Minnesota has taken some VERY modest HS runners and turned them into some ELITE.

Baylor usually get the best of the best in HS talent when it comes to 400. The improvemtn is minimal. You can't fault Baylor for the top 400 runners wanting to go there though. It is what it is. Baylor has also had some modest 400 walk-on that pretty much have minimal improvement as well.[/quote:3n4fc4tl]

Best of the best? Wouldn't that be the top 5 or 10 athletes in the country? So your flat out wrong because the last two years Baylor didn't get the best of the best. Boom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Originally posted by guruof track
        Ok, Griffin wasnt a 400 runner and he wasnt recruited by Baylor to run track. And Marcus Boyd wasnt a 5 star recruit.

And who claimed Baylor get ALL the 400 recruits. But I challenge you to name a school who gets better 400 runners year in year out?

You make it seem like Baylor is getting 50 points and turning them into 45s. Please!
        trackdug...keep changing the criteria he's asking about, 1st he said top recruit, now he's talking top 5 :roll:
        Hey idiot...scroll up and see where I said "That's a complete misnomer. Name one top 400m recruit that went to Baylor in the last two years?"

Wouldn't a top recruit be in the top 5 or even the top 10? That's what TOP means. It doesn't mean 25th fastest time in the country.

You make sh*t up now because you can't answer the question. And you can't answer the question because your whole assumption is wrong.

Comment

• Well according to the bible of track and field 46.81 was ranked 14th. But whatever.

I acknowledge Baylor doesnt get the BEST every year. But to imply they don't get top 400 recruits is dishonest.

You have yet to name a school who gets better recruits on a regular basis. I'll be waiting.

Comment

Well according to the bible of track and field 46.81 was ranked 14th. But whatever.

I acknowledge Baylor doesnt get the BEST every year. But to imply they don't get top 400 recruits is dishonest.

You have yet to name a school who gets better recruits on a regular basis. I'll be waiting.
            I never implied that at all. All I said is that I've heard that "Baylor gets the best recruits very year" argument here for ages. And I'm just saing the it's a misnomer. Sure the get very good recruits because they have a helluva program there. But so does FSU, LSU, etc.

The whole basis of this discussion was that I was talking about Brady Gehret from PA and how I think he's a perfect fit for the Baylor program. They are very good at taking raw talent (like JW) and molding them to be top athletes. Gehret is #5 returning junior with 21.12 and 47.02 to his credit. I look forward to his progress next year and the years to come in college. Whatever college (but hopefully Baylor )

Comment

• JT Schuermann was another top 400m recruit who went to Baylor, and basically has done nothing since he got there.

Comment

• LSU and FSU do get good recruits, however that's spread across the spectrum. Baylor hands down gets the best 400 talent when you look at the big picture. I don't understand why that's so hard to admit.

Comment

• If you guys think Marcus Boyd and JT Schuerman were some of the best recruits over the last couple of years then wow...I'm aghast!

Top recruits over the last couple of years would have been folks like Bryson Nellum, Tavaris Tate, Robert Simmons, Gil Roberts, Calvin Smith, Joey Hughes and the like. Of that short list USC got two of them. Just because you run a 46 doesn't make you a top recruit. When was last time Baylor got a 45-sec guy? Anyone? How about 2002 with JW. So Baylor hasn't recruited a 45-sec guy in 7 years and you tell me the best of the best go to Baylor. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

And no, don't say Gettis because he went to Baylor on a football ride.

Comment

• Ur cherrypicking stats. That's cool though.....let me go workout and address this.

Comment

• Originally posted by trackdug
                      Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      Originally posted by guruof track

Hey idiot...scroll up and see where I said "That's a complete misnomer. Name one top 400m recruit that went to Baylor in the last two years?"

Wouldn't a top recruit be in the top 5 or even the top 10? That's what TOP means. It doesn't mean 25th fastest time in the country.

You make sh*t up now because you can't answer the question. And you can't answer the question because your whole assumption is wrong.
                      Your Pop's didn't reply to your changing the criteria I did, you might wanna stop referring to your old man as an idiot :roll:

You did say top, now top is left up to debate, while YOU later on mentioned top 5 and now even top 10, you confused yourself as see, pot meet kettle.

I recall guro of track, set you straight on a discussion on a few sideways post you made. You wanna engage in grown men discussions, get with the program first...ROOKIE!!!

P.S. You can attempt to discredit Boyd and JT all you want, I assure you they can whip your butt in a 400m.
                      on the road

Comment

• HAHA...totally laughable. Keep on keeping on, Speed.

Comment

HAHA...totally laughable. Keep on keeping on, Speed.
                          .......I just play fire, with fire, no harm, no foul :cry:
                          on the road

Comment

LSU and FSU do get good recruits, however that's spread across the spectrum. Baylor hands down gets the best 400 talent when you look at the big picture. I don't understand why that's so hard to admit.

But what's the point?

They all get good talent in certain events.

Does Baylor get the short sprint or jumps talent that LSU gets?

The thing is, Baylor does a lot with the talent they get in the event they specialize in.

Check the record.

Remember...MJ ran the 200m in h.s. and didnt even win state. He was above average in h.s. but nothing to drool over.

And he became the greatest quartermiler of all time.

How can you get a better example of that?

Attempting to discredit Baylor for what they've accomplished with quartermilers may taint one's credibility because the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming.

I'm not speaking of you though.
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

If you guys think Marcus Boyd and JT Schuerman were some of the best recruits over the last couple of years then wow...I'm aghast!

Top recruits over the last couple of years would have been folks like Bryson Nellum, Tavaris Tate, Robert Simmons, Gil Roberts, Calvin Smith, Joey Hughes and the like. Of that short list USC got two of them. Just because you run a 46 doesn't make you a top recruit. When was last time Baylor got a 45-sec guy? Anyone? How about 2002 with JW. So Baylor hasn't recruited a 45-sec guy in 7 years and you tell me the best of the best go to Baylor. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

And no, don't say Gettis because he went to Baylor on a football ride.
                              According to T&FN high school lists:

In 2001 Darold Williamson was #2 high schooler. Wariner was #4
                              In 2002 Jeremy Wariner was the #2 high schooler
                              In 2003 Mark Teter was the #3 high schooler.
                              In 2004 David Gettis was the #6 high schooler.
                              In 2005 David Gettis was the #1 high schooler. Quentin Summers was #3.
                              LaJerald Betters was #4, JT Scheuermann was #7.
                              In 2006 JT Scheurman was #3, LaJerald Betters was #5

All these guys were top recruits!

Comment

• Thank you Jack.

Lets go even deeper into that though. Reggie Witheersponn came into Baylor as a transfer (a recruit for all intensive purposes running 45.42.

Trey Harts was a top 200 recruit who regularly split 45s on relays, RObert Griffin ran a 46.5ht and was the #1 rank 400ih.

ANd you throw out sub 46 like there are a slew of HS runners who have accomplished that. Since 2000 only ten HSers have ran sub 46, two of them went to Baylor (two went to LSU).

I'm not sure why TD and trackdug are making the standards at Baylor seem SO low, when in fact its just the opposite.

I can also point to all the 400ih hurdlers they have had come through who have shined and even some international talent if you would like me to.

Baylor HAS never been short on 400 meter talent. As a matter of fact, over the last 15 years I would say NO school rivals the recruits they have had coming in running 400s (and its gets even nastier when you you figure in transfers, international recruits, and 400ih).

I don't know why you guys are pretending Baylor ISNT the premier 400 school when it comes to recruits. You guys are being intellectually dishonest.

Comment

Working...
                                X