Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 DN Gala Fri 31/07/2009 w200m: Felix 21.88!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trackfan22
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by scratchman
    :shock: I'm amazed.
    Felix is ready. She looked smooth, confident...best curve Ive seen her run. I'd say the 4x1 ia looking great. They'll likely put her on.
    Yeah scratch, I see Allyson on that 4x100
    Yeah, she pretty much sealed the deal on that back straight, we know Lauryn is on 1st...and Jeter on anchor, the only thing we need to know now is if Muna is healthy, cuz that's all that matters. She's the best curve runner the US has on the women's side of the house. She's now qualified for to major US teams from lane 1, its a foregone conclusion about her curve ability!
    Did you see on FB where Muna was talking about how well her training is going as of late?

Like I told these jokers a few days ago...

The US women CAN win the 4x1.
    wow i love track and field with its rollercoaster rides.. anyone said that the US was never a threat in the 4x100 is silly.. but we still have some unanswered questions about muna , kerron , lauryn only time will tell..

Im a fan of VCB but i knew that u couldnt make her th fav based on the last yrs performance she has not been able to replicate said training without interrruption as last yr . that said im sure she must have made adjusments and will be all guns blazing come berlin .. but felix is def the fav..

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    Felix is ready. She looked smooth, confident...best curve Ive seen her run. I'd say the 4x1 ia looking great. They'll likely put her on.
    Yeah, she pretty much sealed the deal on that back straight, we know Lauryn is on 1st...and Jeter on anchor, the only thing we need to know now is if Muna is healthy, cuz that's all that matters. She's the best curve runner the US has on the women's side of the house. She's now qualified for to major US teams from lane 1, its a foregone conclusion about her curve ability!
    Did you see on FB where Muna was talking about how well her training is going as of late?

Like I told these jokers a few days ago...

The US women CAN win the 4x1.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    Good stuff from Felix. No matter how disappointing things may be going in other events she always seems to bring the mail in the 200(even last year's silver in Beijing was a tremendous accomplishment considering how ragged her stride was). We're not in Berlin yet, but today is a good confidence builder.

Good to see the stride still looking fine this year. Just the tiniest of ticks, but certainly nothing like we saw last summer.
    As I've said time and again and can be proven from reveiwing her career...

She's always run with a tick.

Some years more pronounced than others.

But always fast.
    Right TD...but a couple of the things that's different this year moreso than in the past, is her being able to train and not have school as an issue.

She is obviously older and thus stronger, being able to devote more time to training and really have more time in the day allows for her to have a more balanced day, with respect to recovery as well. Recovery is such a key component in the equation.

So the recipe for success is there, sure she ran before while not in school, but she was younger, not as strong physically and I would grant you mentally as well. Man I'm excited!!!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Internet_Bad_Boy
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Felix is very good, and I like her a lot. She is not the only very good athlete in the event.
    No she isn't, but please understand this, Allyson wants very badly to be a 3 time world champion in the duece and it will happen. This will be history making.
    I agree, Speed.

And with VCB doubling...it won't even be close.
    When jamaicans are winning every sprint on the circuit all we hear is how Americans are under heavy training. Felix wins a race and all of a sudden she cant be touched. bull :lol: In any year when VCB is focussed on the 200m and has gone through the entire season injury free Felix will not even be close to her. It is also obvious that Kerron injured herself i the last 100m race she won as a 10.75 woman can run under 22.30 with no 200m training at all. By the way 10.75 has been the most impressive female performance this year by along way and i dont remember fools talking shit about how she cant be touched.
    A couple of weeks ago when Kerron and SAF and VCB and Asafa etc were killing it...all we heard was how Felix, Jeter, Tyson, Muna, etc....were running poorly and the US was going to get swept.

I told y'all then not to be too hyped about all that early Euro circuit mumbo jumbo.

Every Jamaican on this board seems to be pulling for Russia to beat the US in the 4x4 too.

Why?

Kind of like that Jamaican announcer who said that SAF look like a missile launched from Moscow to NY. :shock:

There's some deep seated resentment present when people make statements like that.

N...E....WAY...

I saw on Facebook were Muna said she had an outstanding day of practice.

Just watch...Wally and Crawford will show up too in Berlin.

I guess you saw what Tyson, Jeter, Felix and company have done recently on the track... I mean now that its close to gametime.

What different a day makes. :lol:

Question:

Did the Jamaicans peak too soon?

Only time will tell. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Good stuff from Felix. No matter how disappointing things may be going in other events she always seems to bring the mail in the 200(even last year's silver in Beijing was a tremendous accomplishment considering how ragged her stride was). We're not in Berlin yet, but today is a good confidence builder.

Good to see the stride still looking fine this year. Just the tiniest of ticks, but certainly nothing like we saw last summer.
    As I've said time and again and can be proven from reveiwing her career...

She's always run with a tick.

Some years more pronounced than others.

But always fast.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by onlooker
    Felix is very good, and I like her a lot. She is not the only very good athlete in the event.
    No she isn't, but please understand this, Allyson wants very badly to be a 3 time world champion in the duece and it will happen. This will be history making.
    I agree, Speed.

When jamaicans are winning every sprint on the circuit all we hear is how Americans are under heavy training. Felix wins a race and all of a sudden she cant be touched. bull :lol: In any year when VCB is focussed on the 200m and has gone through the entire season injury free Felix will not even be close to her. It is also obvious that Kerron injured herself i the last 100m race she won as a 10.75 woman can run under 22.30 with no 200m training at all. By the way 10.75 has been the most impressive female performance this year by along way and i dont remember fools talking shit about how she cant be touched.

You see it too. and when the shoe is on the other foot they cry foul.

One Love!
    First off, who is they? Secondly JA, has never won EVERY sprint title, now the U.S. has.

Leave a comment:

• onlooker
    replied
    I agree, Speed.

You see it too. and when the shoe is on the other foot they cry foul.

One Love!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scratchman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzTRADiEcdw

This is a video of the race
    Allyson looked good, nice curve, hit the sweet spot coming into the straight and again she is so effortless. That was actually my 1st time seeing the race, and to think she probably has a little more left, not really pushed on the straight. It will take a herculean effort to beat her in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzTRADiEcdw

This is a video of the race

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by ILoveTrack
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Good stuff from Felix! Now what's your point?
    Umm, yeah :?
    You're the one who bitches that I only comment on Felix's "bad" races. Make up your mind.
    No, I am the one who is glad that Kersee keeps making you put your foot in your mouth. :P
    One can only speculate on the what has gone. Are you suggesting that no one should comment until the end of the season? Or that we should only ever assume the best possible scenario? Seems a little unrealistic.
    I am not really sure why you are concerned, but my answer to your first question is "no." My answer to your second question is "no." In light of that, there is no need to reach the conclusion that I am being unrealistic.
    I'm not concerned, more confused. I don't really understand your problem with guru. His comments seem perfectly acceptable for a message board forum where speculation is usually the norm.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexm
    Where on earth did this time come from? She hasnt been showing this form all year. I don't know how she does it.....

There has to be something wrong with Stewart. The niggle after Paris must have affected her more than she thought. She's run 10.7 so should really have a 2m headstart on Felix coming off the bend.

I see a repeat of Helsinki for VCB, only with her events the other way round: If Stewart's form is back to where it was a couple of weeks ago, I can see VCB missing out on a medal in the 100 and battling for silver in the 200m. It should be SAF, Stewart & Jeter in the 100m (start depending, for Jeter) while Felix should take the 200 easily while VCB will have her work cut out to beat Ferguson.

If we were a month away from Berlin I'd feel VCB could get into shape, but she wont get to the time she needs in either sprint to win gold.
    When you look at how effortlessly Allyson runs, not counting the slight glimp, it never surprises me what she is capable of running.

Also she has been working, she mentioned what her and Bobby were and are doing. They are staying true to the game plan and simply she must continue to execute it.

Whomever wants to challenge her, will have to be on the very top of her game.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Good stuff from Felix! Now what's your point?
    Umm, yeah :?
    You're the one who bitches that I only comment on Felix's "bad" races. Make up your mind.
    No, I am the one who is glad that Kersee keeps making you put your foot in your mouth. :P
    One can only speculate on the what has gone. Are you suggesting that no one should comment until the end of the season? Or that we should only ever assume the best possible scenario? Seems a little unrealistic.
    I am not really sure why you are concerned, but my answer to your first question is "no." My answer to your second question is "no." In light of that, there is no need to reach the conclusion that I am being unrealistic.

I am sorry that I can't bring you up-to-date so that it would be unnecessary for you to speculate on what has gone on. But since you are in the dark about my concern with the poster, I will only say that his backhanded compliment is just the tip of the iceberg. The poster knows that his beef is not with Felix per se, but with Kersee.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X