• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    trackstar

• trackstar
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Donley2, are you planning to establish our buddy league for the WC pool?
    It's up. Just go ahead and join.

Leave a comment:

• dvorakfan

• dvorakfan
    replied
    Because it is so easy to pick 10+10 winners/high finishers from 20 different countries, let's make it a little bit more difficult. Pick 20 pairs (man and woman!) from 20 countries, e.g.

JAM: Bolt, Fraser
    USA: Merritt, Richards
    CAN: Reed, Lopes-Schliep
    GBR: Idowu, Ennis
    GER: Harting, Friedrich
    POL: Majewski, WLodarczyk
    CZE: Baba, Spotakova
    RUS: Ukhov, Isinbayeva
    BLR: Mikhnevich, Mikhnevich (funny)
    POR: Evora, Gomes
    ETH: K.Bekele, T.Dibaba
    CUB: Robles, Savigne
    AUS: Hooker, McLellan
    NOR: Thorkildsen, Pl├Ątzer
    UKR: Mazyruk, Dobrynska
    ITA: Schwarzer, RIguado
    KEN: Kipchoge, Jepkosgei
    EST: Kanter, Balta
    BAH: Brown, Ferguson-McK
    BRN: Ali, Yamal

But I have no idea what points to award, maybe one point if BOTH get a medal...

Leave a comment:

• Seeksreal

• Seeksreal
    replied
    I have set up the GayLesbianBi buddy league for those of you who want to play on our team! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Pego

• Pego
    replied
    Donley2, are you planning to establish our buddy league for the WC pool?

Leave a comment:

• donley2

• donley2
    replied
    Tvarish, the current discussion is about the game that is for the Berlin World Champs ONLY. Not the season long game.

Leave a comment:

• Tvarish

• Tvarish
    replied
    Originally posted by mump boy
    ok i'm being dumb what i meant to say was i can't pick jessica ennis. i assume this is as she didn't compete last year but it is rather ridiculous if we can't pick her
    Because the contest is geared to picking the winners/high finishers of the Golden League and Super Grand Prix. Since there are very few multi-athletes who can compet in a Grand Prix event, that is why they are not on any lists. Just my humble opinion

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp

• jeremyp
    replied
    [quote=mump boy]
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    Originally posted by donley2
    Originally posted by "mump boy":3dwwqz6c
    ok i'm being dumb what i meant to say was i can't pick jessica ennis. i assume this is as she didn't compete last year but it is rather ridiculous if we can't pick her
    Relax guys. I am pretty sure the list will be updated with actual entries by next week some time.
    I would have thought they'd stay with the same list unless they have a separate listing for the different games.
    it would make more sense to have a list for WC of people actually entered, no ?[/quote:3dwwqz6c]

There's always somebody who wants perfection. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• mump boy

• mump boy
    replied
    Relax guys. I am pretty sure the list will be updated with actual entries by next week some time.
    I would have thought they'd stay with the same list unless they have a separate listing for the different games.
    it would make more sense to have a list for WC of people actually entered, no ?

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp

• jeremyp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• donley2

• donley2
    replied
    I never said I had winners. I merely said it is easy to come up with 20 different countries with top athletes. My list (currently) has 16 olympic winners and/or No: 1 TFN rankers. I've got 7 more at 2d.
    Ok. It seemed based on your first post of the subject that your next post implied it was still easy. It's a bit difficult to read tone with just the written (typed) word.

Leave a comment:

• donley2

• donley2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Powell

• Powell
    replied
    Well, I can't pick Caster Semenya (not sure whether it would be a good idea anyway)

Leave a comment:

• mump boy

• mump boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mump boy

• mump boy
    replied
    we can't choose multi eventers for world champs comp or am i being dumb ?

does anyone have chris iaaf email ??

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp

• jeremyp
    replied
    It is not (10 different for men and 10 different for women) it is REQUIRED to be 20 different countries
    I am well aware of this!

In 2007 if you looked at a formchart there were not in fact athletes from 20 different countries (considering 10 for men and 10 for women) that were favored to win. The winner (even with 9 changes during the event) did not get 20 for 20. This is not an easy thing to do.
    I never said I had winners. I merely said it is easy to come up with 20 different countries with top athletes. My list (currently) has 16 olympic winners and/or No: 1 TFN rankers. I've got 7 more at 2d.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X