Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 Stockholm m100

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '09 Stockholm m100

    Lane Bib Name Born Nat
    1 110 Kim Collins 76 SKN
    2 107 Jaysuma Saidy Ndure 84 NOR
    3 103 Darvis Patton 77 USA
    4 104 Tyson Gay 82 USA
    5 115 Asafa Powell 82 JAM
    6 108 Churandy Martina 84 AHO
    7 116 Michael Frater 82 JAM
    8 114 Rae Edwards 81 USA

    Decent field. A lot of questions to be answered in this race. The most important is the health and readiness of Gay. Hopefully he can perform through the groin problem. Was Powell really "tired" from TWO rounds of running like his agent said? Even if he has a great race, if he can't handle 2 rounds how is going to handle the 4 in Berlin? Also there was speculation that Frater was nursing an injury, which is why he hasn't competed in a bit. We will see what kind of shape he is in. Patton got a good lane. Can he turn that into a good time?

  • #2
    Re: '09 Stockholm m100

    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    The most important is the health and readiness of Gay. Hopefully he can perform through the groin problem.
    Was there another thread on this? I had thought they were claiming he was OK?

    Comment


    • #3
      Mr. Gay is dealing with his groin problem and doesn't expect it adversely affect his race today.
      Fire Impossible.

      Comment


      • #4
        time of event? , eastern time please.
        Not to be picky but you guys have a habit of posting the race line ups without putting the time. Then i end up missing the live races. :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: '09 Stockholm m100

          Originally posted by TrainerPhil
          Lane Bib Name Born Nat
          1 110 Kim Collins 76 SKN
          2 107 Jaysuma Saidy Ndure 84 NOR
          3 103 Darvis Patton 77 USA
          4 104 Tyson Gay 82 USA
          5 115 Asafa Powell 82 JAM
          6 108 Churandy Martina 84 AHO
          7 116 Michael Frater 82 JAM
          8 114 Rae Edwards 81 USA

          Decent field. A lot of questions to be answered in this race. The most important is the health and readiness of Gay. Hopefully he can perform through the groin problem. Was Powell really "tired" from TWO rounds of running like his agent said? Even if he has a great race, if he can't handle 2 rounds how is going to handle the 4 in Berlin? Also there was speculation that Frater was nursing an injury, which is why he hasn't competed in a bit. We will see what kind of shape he is in. Patton got a good lane. Can he turn that into a good time?
          Powell's agent seemed to indicate that most of his tiredness was due to recently going thru a pretty 'heavy' phase of training, with the rounds being a secondary reason.
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Haskell45
            time of event? , eastern time please.
            Not to be picky but you guys have a habit of posting the race line ups without putting the time. Then i end up missing the live races. :lol:
            Man, you can never do a good thing without somethone finding a fault. I don't know the eact time, but it begins after 12:45pm EST.

            Comment


            • #7
              Stockholm is six hours ahead of NYC. The start time for the 100m (A-Race) is 21.05 which translates to 9:05 PM. Subtract six hours from that (for NY time) and the race will start at approximately 3:05 PM on the eastern seaboard.

              Why do you have me doing math prior to my coffee?

              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think Powell gonna bring the business tonight!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kim Collins for Silver!
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, yeah, and let's go Hinds!!!

                    (The "B" race has some speedy sprinters as well)

                    That dude just said Hinds was the Barbados record holder!!!?!?!
                    :?: :lol:
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Litle chilly. Hope Tyson holds up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sort of slow for the "B" men.
                        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Spearmon showing his late in the season readiness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            After watching the swimming world championships the entire week, it's really unbearable to see any false start.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              9.79 GAY! +2.6 W

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X