Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan American Junior Results

Thought it might be worthwhile having a thread for results from the meet. They don't seem to be coming up live. :cry:

Hard through the grapevine that Hasay won the 1500m.

The US won both 1500s, one was Hasay, don't know the other.

Comment

Where are results? Is someone getting word via coconut phone?

Comment

Tin cans with a VERY LONG string.

Comment

those tin cans have any more info? frankly amazing that a meet at this level does not have live results or even end of session stuff posted by now.

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
            those tin cans have any more info? frankly amazing that a meet at this level does not have live results or even end of session stuff posted by now.
            Very disappointing but I kinda thought this would be the case.
            Brazil two years ago was awesome with live results.

I know quite a few of the Canadian kids and of course have one there myself. It is going to be a long three days. :cry:

Comment

1500 Women and Mens

Jordan Hasay wins the first gold medal in 4:26.26 for Team USA.

Mac Fleet (University, San Diego, CA) Wins the Gold comfortably at 3:48.04.

Comment

"Her father said she "won easily" at 4 minutes 26.2 seconds in 100 degree heat and 99 percent humidity."

This comment is indicates a complete lack of understanding of humidity and temperature and dew point. 100 degrees with 99% humidity implies a dew point of 99.7 degrees. I think that the Record dew point is about 96 or 97 this statement is clearly wrong by a lot. It might have been 99% humidity at dawn, but it is probably just that it feels hot and humid to someone from the Central Coast CA where if it ever gets hot it is quite dry and the 55 degree water offshore keeps it from getting very hot (versus 85 degrees around Trinidad).

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
                  It does have live results.

http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    Originally posted by MJR

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                      "Her father said she "won easily" at 4 minutes 26.2 seconds in 100 degree heat and 99 percent humidity."

blah blah blah
                      I think he was just indicating that it was hot as hell, rather than providing an accurate weather report.

Comment

This comment is indicates a complete lack of understanding of humidity and temperature and dew point. 100 degrees with 99% humidity implies a dew point of 99.7 degrees. I think that the Record dew point is about 96 or 97 this statement is clearly wrong by a lot. It might have been 99% humidity at dawn, but it is probably just that it feels hot and humid to someone from the Central Coast CA where if it ever gets hot it is quite dry and the 55 degree water offshore keeps it from getting very hot (versus 85 degrees around Trinidad).
                        I'd expect better....if this was on weather and meteorology news.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4
                          Originally posted by tandfman
                          Originally posted by MJR

Thank you!
                          Mucho gracias!

How the heck did you find that?

Oh I don't care-just so thankful!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy

blah blah blah
                            I think he was just indicating that it was hot as hell, rather than providing an accurate weather report.
                            And there's also that wonderful word......WON?!
                            phsstt!

Comment

oops, should have posted my WDII news here, sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X