Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by MJR
    those tin cans have any more info? frankly amazing that a meet at this level does not have live results or even end of session stuff posted by now.
    It does have live results.

http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/index.htm
    thanks, couldn't find that link and it was not available on the meet's page on their site.

Comment

Only five in the women's (girl's?) pole vault? How serious of a competition is this? Or am I just being naive about the development programs in central America and the Caribbean?

Comment

Ummmmmm.... how did the wind reading change to 2.0 on the m110H final?

Comment

Another impressive performance for Kirani James in the 400. In fact, I'm impressed that Tavaris Tate came as close as he did. James is the real thing.

Comment

Some great sprint results for Team USA, going 1-2 in both 100s. 10.03 for Rowland, wow!

Comment

Chalonda Goodman is the real deal.....she looks like a tall athlete like Marion Jones....

Marcus Rowland is he freshman in college or incoming freshman?

Comment

Rowland just finished his freshman year at Auburn.

Comment

World Junior Record for Wayne Davis, if these wind readings are accurate.
                  And, he's got another year left to improve on it!

Event 112 Men 110 Meter Hurdles
                  ================================================== ===================
                  World: W 12.87 6/12/2008 Dayron Robles, CUB
                  World Jr: J 13.12 7/2/2002 Liu Xiang, CHN
                  Pan Am Champ: P 13.46 7/30/2005 D. Robles/ J. Dutch, CUB/ USA, Win
                  2009 Best: * 13.27 Jhoanis Portilla, CUB, Havana, CUB
                  Name Year Team Finals Wind
                  ================================================== ===================
                  Finals
                  1 Davis, Wayne 91 USA 13.08J 2.0
                  2 Nunley, Booker 90 USA 13.32P 2.0
                  3 Brathwaite, Shane 90 Barbados 13.41P 2.0
                  4 Carter, Deuce 90 Jamaica 13.71 2.0
                  5 Palma Bernabe, Renan 90 EL Salvador 13.79 2.0
                  6 Leveille, Simon 90 Canada 13.96 2.0
                  7 MACEDO, Valmir 90 Brazil 14.05 2.0
                  8 Swift, Greggmar 91 Barbados 14.31 2.0

edit- just saw on another thread that the wind was 2.2 (or was it?)

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Some great sprint results for Team USA, going 1-2 in both 100s. 10.03 for Rowland, wow!
                    That is indeed a wow! Second fastest U.S. Junior ever and fourth fastest on the all-time World Junior list (behind Lewis Francis, Demps, and Darrel Brown).

Comment

Now, the USA got two 10 flay 18 year old sprinters on the come up!! Man, all they gotta do is stay healthy.

By the way, is there a link to watch this meet or no???

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                        Only five in the women's (girl's?) pole vault? How serious of a competition is this? Or am I just being naive about the development programs in central America and the Caribbean?
                        This should come as no surprise. The five pole vaulters came from three countries--USA, CAN, and BRA. In the past decade, in the World Junior Championships, how many competitors came from any country in the Western Hemisphere other than those three countries? The answer is one.

Comment

I am hoping for good things from Canada's girls 4x100m relay. Two of our girls ran in the finals and did well. The US will definitely be the big favs along with Jamaica but there might be a drop off in team depth after that.
                          My athlete is on the relay and is so nervous. Never been to a meet any where near this big-and so far from home. She watched both the men's and women's 100F and was suitably impressed.
                          Reassuring emails are definitely the order of the day!

Not sure if the US team is facing the same problem but the hotel didn't give the Canadian team enough rooms. There are three and four to a room with only two single beds. The kids are rotating bed to floor depending on when they compete. :?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                            Not sure if the US team is facing the same problem but the hotel didn't give the Canadian team enough rooms. There are three and four to a room with only two single beds. The kids are rotating bed to floor depending on when they compete. :?
                            That shouldn't ever happen to any athletes from anywhere.

Comment

Oh they are surviving and it is all part of the learning process. It is a beautiful hotel-just overbooked I guess. :lol:
                              Our girl is learning lots-she says in her emails that she feels very rich and spoiled by her life at home.I have no idea what Port au Spain is like now though I lived there briefly as a child. She has been "oot and aboot" with the team though.
                              Obviously she has led a sheltered life! She also hates food with spices so is picking her way through food. :lol: The heat and humidity are another challenge.

I say it is all so good for her and the others. As long as they are safe, and they are, bring it on!

Comment

I didn't think they even made single beds any more. Doubles are the smallest I come across in the hotels we use(though still a tight squeeze for two kids!)
                                There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                                X