Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Daddy
    replied
    My nephew's ex made the team. She said that she was DQ in the women's 400m. She text him with most of the updates.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mr. Powell, I stated that, and stand by that assertion. There is only one "3" as far as I know, but I'm not broken in enough to know who's who here or who is able to share names with another person.

I did state that Ms. Hasay couldn't compete in the heat in 2007. I qualified that by suggesting that she was willing to enter events contested in the heat, but the heat itself was her main adversary which sometimes got the better of her.

By her own admission, Ms. Hasay didn't run well in the heat at all, though that self-proclamation would be a bit of an exaggeration, as she did run well in Indianapolis.

I did mention that the heat sometimes got the better of her, but that also implied --- and I reiterate --- that sometimes she was able to deal with the heat. Sometimes, at intervals every now and then, Ms. Hasay overcame the obstacle of heat.

Being able to intermittently achieve this is not equal to always being successful, however, nor does it mean *most of the time*. That's why I again suggest that she couldn't compete in the heat in 2007, though it was far better than what she was able to achieve in 2006.

It would have been best for your sake alone had I written *sometimes she couldn't compete in the heat in 2007*

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Mr. Powell, yes, I certainly agree that Ms. Hasay was better equipped to run in the heat in 2007 than the troublesome 2006 season. I would like to inquire what made this dialogue tiresome and lengthy? I presume it was from a few points which were attributed to me which didn't exactly pan out as being my own?
    So who was it that said earlier in the thread "Ms. Hasay couldn't compete in the heat in 2007"? I didn't realize there was more than one of you posting as 3.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mr. Powell, yes, I certainly agree that Ms. Hasay was better equipped to run in the heat in 2007 than the troublesome 2006 season. I would like to inquire what made this dialogue tiresome and lengthy? I presume it was from a few points which were attributed to me which didn't exactly pan out as being my own? Let's take better care of understanding each other, so we can agree or disagree on a much more simplistic level and save the topic for others who don't care about the details we may have been interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Mr. Powell, may I politely request that you use a pair of reading glasses? Yes, I was discussing 2007, and no, I'm not changing the topic again. I made it perfectly clear that I don't need to waver between random topics to make a point stick.

What does this mean? *Running 416 in Indianapolis was partly the result of being better prepared than she was in 2006* When I stated that Ms. Hasay ran 416 in Indianapolis, what year was that? The harsh lesson of 2006 paved the way for that and any resulting races.
    Well, OK, so you agree that she was prepared to run well in the heat in 2007. I hope we can now end this tiresome discussion.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Thanks. took a long time to come up.

Anyway I know her perofrmance is only special to us but hey!

Really thrilled to see Derek Drouin (incorrect spelling on the results) win the HJ with a fantastic 2.27 jump. A new Canadian Junior record and even cooler it ties a one Javier Sotomayor's meet record!
    8-) 8-)

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo
    My girl got 4th in the LJ.
    Through a text to her parent she said it poured during the comp and the board and track were very slippery. She was about 20cm short of her usual distance (only did 5.60 soemthing!) as were the medallist-one of the Americans won with 6.08. Don't have too many details yet.
    The full results of the event (all jumps) now appear on the PAJ timing service's site linked on the front page here.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Her best was 5.64m (-1.2). She saved the best one for last. Excellent job considering the wind and rain.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    My girl got 4th in the LJ.
    Through a text to her parent she said it poured during the comp and the board and track were very slippery. She was about 20cm short of her usual distance (only did 5.60 soemthing!) as were the medallist-one of the Americans won with 6.08. Don't have too many details yet.

We are very happy with the competitive effort our girl put in. She has never competed in anything like this and so far from home.

Leave a comment:

• az2004
    replied
    ah, there wasn't much competition in t&t...

personally, i think the heat and humidity of t&t is far more brutal than indy of 2007...

as to the 1500, that's not hasey's distance as she's not a kicker, so unless she finds one, she has to move up...she's more like twell in my eyes...

5k for hasey for the next few years, that's where she has a chance

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    You were talking about 2007, not 2006. You're changing the topic once again.
    Mr. Powell, may I politely request that you use a pair of reading glasses? Yes, I was discussing 2007, and no, I'm not changing the topic again. I made it perfectly clear that I don't need to waver between random topics to make a point stick.

What does this mean? *Running 416 in Indianapolis was partly the result of being better prepared than she was in 2006* When I stated that Ms. Hasay ran 416 in Indianapolis, what year was that? The harsh lesson of 2006 paved the way for that and any resulting races.

*But even if we were talking about 2006 junior nationals - she ran a slow time in the heat, but managed to win. How is that different from the Pan Ams?*

*Managing* to win when the heat deprives one from having the full capacity to use their own tactics is not on par or equal with *easily* winning despite the heat. I would rather easily accomplish a task than barely *manage*. Would you?

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Running 416 in Indianapolis was partly the result of being better prepared than she was in 2006 when she also ran in Indianapolis and struggled very badly to run 9'50"66 at the Junior Nationals. Do you recall what she said in 2006 following that race? *I wasn’t supposed to lead, but no one would take the pace, so I had to. It was really hot and I just ran to win. I wasn’t feeling too good at the end.*
    You were talking about 2007, not 2006. You're changing the topic once again.

But even if we were talking about 2006 junior nationals - she ran a slow time in the heat, but managed to win. How is that different from the Pan Ams?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mr. Powell, when have I made a claim about Indianapolis? I'm afraid you're projecting again, and it's becoming a bit of an embarrassment. Of course this won't make any sense.

Running 416 in Indianapolis was partly the result of being better prepared than she was in 2006 when she also ran in Indianapolis and struggled very badly to run 9'50"66 at the Junior Nationals. Do you recall what she said in 2006 following that race? *I wasn’t supposed to lead, but no one would take the pace, so I had to. It was really hot and I just ran to win. I wasn’t feeling too good at the end.*

Let's keep it at this: She ran to win the PanAm meet as well, despite the heat. The competition was lacking, the victory was meaningless, and the gold medal should be melted into an ankle chain.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Well, it's possible to 'not run well' and still win, if you are clearly superior to your rivals. That was true of her 2007 races, and it's also true of the 2009 Pan Am Juniors. You're claiming 4:16 in Indy two years ago showed she couldn't handle the heat, but 4:26 now proves that she can - that just doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Mr. Powell, is this self-proclamation by Ms. Hasay a false one? *I don't run well in the heat at all.* Was she perhaps delusional? I did mention that the heat sometimes got the better of her, but this also implies a significant fact that sometimes she was able to deal with the heat. But sometimes does not equal everytime, nor does it mean *most of the time*.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X