X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 GN Gala m400m: Warriner 44.83

M 400m Int - A-final
    WR: 43.18 SR: 43.50
    Michael Johnson (1999) Jeremy Wariner (2007)
    Rank Bib Name Nat Born Time
    1 Jeremy Wariner USA 84 44.83
    2 Michael Bingham GBR 86 45.49
    3 Kerron Clement USA 85 45.83
    4 Johan Wissman SWE 82 45.91
    5 Sean Wroe AUS 85 45.91
    6 Bershawn Jackson USA 83 45.96
    7 John Steffensen AUS 82 46.16
    8 Jamaal Torrance USA 83 46.59

He's getting there. Slow over the first 200m but ran the turn hard and looked good on the homestretch. Cool conditions: 63 degrees and cloudy. Crushed the field the last 200m.

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
      He's getting there. Slow over the first 200m but ran the turn hard and looked good on the homestretch. Cool conditions: 63 degrees and cloudy. Crushed the field the last 200m.
      Lashawn should take heed to the eye=popping times because he is running SO slow.

Comment

Lashawn ran basically the same race last week. And YES, both times are SLOOOOOWW.

Comment

I thought it was pretty unimpressive. A win is a win, but..yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio
            Agreed.

Comment

Agreed.
              In what way? The whole race, part of the race, or are you that bent on times?
              on the road

Comment

Next time Jeremy, go out there and 41.22 in a meet thats pretty much worthless.

Comment

If Wariner comes out with a silver with a 43 I don't think the season will be a disaster, it's something to build on for next year. If Wariner hadn't ran those terrible 200's at the trials I'd be more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
                    If Wariner comes out with a silver with a 43 I don't think the season will be a disaster, it's something to build on for next year. If Wariner hadn't ran those terrible 200's at the trials I'd be more positive.
                    :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      Agreed.
                      His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.

Interesting thing is both JW and Merritt are undefeated over 400m this year. It looks like a 44-flat wins the WC this year. It really depends on the conditions in the finals for the time to be fast. Wariner seems to prefer the warm weather; Merritt runs well in cool conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                        Next time Jeremy, go out there and 41.22 in a meet thats pretty much worthless.
                        How is it worthless? Don't you think there's a psychological advantage to dropping a fast time, putting some clamps down on LM?

Comment

Merriit will go sub 44 even though his last few 200's have been less than impressive, Wariner han better today it seems.

I think they can both go sub 44 in Berlin, well i think they will.

Actually what i said before about his 200's at trials, im rethinkin because he ran good one at i think Pre, maybe he was just training hard through the trials and wasn't that bothered at all.

I've changed my mind again, i think its 30/70 30 to wariner, 70 to Merrit for 400 gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            Agreed.
                            His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.

Interesting thing is both JW and Merritt are undefeated over 400m this year. It looks like a 44-flat wins the WC this year. It really depends on the conditions in the finals for the time to be fast. Wariner seems to prefer the warm weather; Merritt runs well in cool conditions.
                            I can respect your race analogy, I didn't see the race, so I cannot comment from that perspective. Once I view the race I can comment on it.
                            on the road

Comment

I'd love to know how this meet is a "worthless" meet. The guy hasn't come within a second of his PR and hasn't run a single solid 400m this year. Yeah, going to be real easy to do well when you have had 0 good races.

Comment

Working...
                              X