Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all sleeping on Jeremy.

He jogged that. :shock:

I said it earlier and now I know I'm right...he's tweaking his race trying out some of the strategy that Sanya is using.

Berlin will go down to the wire.

Watch. :shock:
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
      His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.
      It's much easier to look good on the homestretch when you start this slow.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Before Beijing Wariner had pretty much perfect race execution in championships. He doesn't need to tweak, he needs to get back to how he was in 07, then work from there for 2011 and 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

I said it earlier and now I know I'm right...he's tweaking his race trying out some of the strategy that Sanya is using.

For 2nd place, but I dont see Wariner running with Lashawn. Write it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            Originally posted by trackdug
            His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.
            It's much easier to look good on the homestretch when you start this slow.
            EXACTLY! Which means at least 43.6ish for JW in Berlin, maybe better.

Comment

I missed this race.. If anyone finds a vid to this race please link it! I'm a 400 guy and JW is my favorite runner so I'd really appreciate it.
              http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

It appears to me that Richards is actually using the strategy that worked so well for Wariner in the past.

Wariner's race plan was perfect up until last year. Now it seems he's simply not strong enough to execute it...

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

:lol:

My point is that first place wont come as easy as people have been predicting on here for some time.

Go back and watch the video of this race and notice Wariner closely in the first 200.

Comment

Neither of them has looked remotely close to 2008 form so far this year. I'd pick Merritt for gold right now, but without all that much confidence.

Would it be sacrilege to suggest somebody else just might step up and beat them both this time?
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                      It appears to me that Richards is actually using the strategy that worked so well for Wariner in the past.

Wariner's race plan was perfect up until last year. Now it seems he's simply not strong enough to execute it...
                      Since returning to Hart, JW is sitting back more than he ever has.

On top of that he didnt work coming home like he will in Berlin.

Yall better wake up...this will go down to the wire.

Comment

You tell'm TD!! :wink:

Comment

Neither of them has looked remotely close to 2008 form so far this year. I'd pick Merritt for gold right now, but without all that much confidence.

Would it be sacrilege to suggest somebody else just might step up and beat them both this time?
                          Yes it would be sacrilege to say that. If he is running a 44.8 as easily as everyone says it is.. Then either him or LM will win. No one else in the world is going to run a sub 44.60 at worlds. Write that down :lol:
                          http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

Sitting back isnt a tactic that works in the mens 400. It sounds good, but when you look at Merritt, he has been cruising ALL parts of his race. His hardest run was the US Champs and he eases off the gas with 150 to go.

Sitting back against Merritt is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Sitting back isnt a tactic that works in the mens 400. It sounds good, but when you look at Merritt, he has been cruising ALL parts of his race. His hardest run was the US Champs and he eases off the gas with 150 to go.

Sitting back against Merritt is a recipe for disaster.
                              That's utter crap. Look at his last race in Monaco. He ran hard down the homestretch and THROUGH the tape. He didn't let off one bit. He's doing the same thing as JW: running a conservative first 200 then barreling through the curve and finishing strong. If he's cruising ALL parts of his race then JW must be doing the same thing.

Comment

Yep...it would be sacrilege, not only that ,exactly who is this person that you speak of?
                                on the road

Comment

Working...
                                X