X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    For 2nd place, but I dont see Wariner running with Lashawn. Write it down.
    Neither of them has looked remotely close to 2008 form so far this year. I'd pick Merritt for gold right now, but without all that much confidence.

Would it be sacrilege to suggest somebody else just might step up and beat them both this time?

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Y'all sleeping on Jeremy.

He jogged that. :shock:

I said it earlier and now I know I'm right...he's tweaking his race trying out some of the strategy that Sanya is using.

Berlin will go down to the wire.

Watch. :shock:
    :lol:

My point is that first place wont come as easy as people have been predicting on here for some time.

Go back and watch the video of this race and notice Wariner closely in the first 200.

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied
    I said it earlier and now I know I'm right...he's tweaking his race trying out some of the strategy that Sanya is using.
    It appears to me that Richards is actually using the strategy that worked so well for Wariner in the past.

Wariner's race plan was perfect up until last year. Now it seems he's simply not strong enough to execute it...

Leave a comment:

• OBUTRACKSTER
    replied
    I missed this race.. If anyone finds a vid to this race please link it! I'm a 400 guy and JW is my favorite runner so I'd really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike67
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by trackdug
    His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.
    It's much easier to look good on the homestretch when you start this slow.
    EXACTLY! Which means at least 43.6ish for JW in Berlin, maybe better.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    Before Beijing Wariner had pretty much perfect race execution in championships. He doesn't need to tweak, he needs to get back to how he was in 07, then work from there for 2011 and 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    His first 200m was weak but his last 200 looked good. I said about 50m into the race that it was going to be a slow time. But for the first time in a while he looked pretty strong on the homestretch.
    It's much easier to look good on the homestretch when you start this slow.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jerome Marrow
    replied
    I'd love to know how this meet is a "worthless" meet. The guy hasn't come within a second of his PR and hasn't run a single solid 400m this year. Yeah, going to be real easy to do well when you have had 0 good races.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by nbonaddio
    I thought it was pretty unimpressive. A win is a win, but..yeah.
    Agreed.
    In what way? The whole race, part of the race, or are you that bent on times?

Interesting thing is both JW and Merritt are undefeated over 400m this year. It looks like a 44-flat wins the WC this year. It really depends on the conditions in the finals for the time to be fast. Wariner seems to prefer the warm weather; Merritt runs well in cool conditions.
    I can respect your race analogy, I didn't see the race, so I cannot comment from that perspective. Once I view the race I can comment on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    Merriit will go sub 44 even though his last few 200's have been less than impressive, Wariner han better today it seems.

I think they can both go sub 44 in Berlin, well i think they will.

Actually what i said before about his 200's at trials, im rethinkin because he ran good one at i think Pre, maybe he was just training hard through the trials and wasn't that bothered at all.

I've changed my mind again, i think its 30/70 30 to wariner, 70 to Merrit for 400 gold.

Leave a comment:

• nbonaddio
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Next time Jeremy, go out there and 41.22 in a meet thats pretty much worthless.
    How is it worthless? Don't you think there's a psychological advantage to dropping a fast time, putting some clamps down on LM?

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by nbonaddio
    I thought it was pretty unimpressive. A win is a win, but..yeah.
    Agreed.
    In what way? The whole race, part of the race, or are you that bent on times?

Interesting thing is both JW and Merritt are undefeated over 400m this year. It looks like a 44-flat wins the WC this year. It really depends on the conditions in the finals for the time to be fast. Wariner seems to prefer the warm weather; Merritt runs well in cool conditions.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    If Wariner comes out with a silver with a 43 I don't think the season will be a disaster, it's something to build on for next year. If Wariner hadn't ran those terrible 200's at the trials I'd be more positive.
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X